Is he lying?

kangaroo

The guy I’m seeing originally said he was working until 9 last night and could come round at 9:30. Fast forward to last night when I asked, he said his friend needed help closing up the brewery that my guy sometimes works at, he said he’s let me know if the guy needed him or not to help. I told him to let me know either way (cos is gwt some sleep otherwise). Come 9 when my guy finishes work, I didn’t hear from him, even though I sent 1 text. Feels like something isn’t right? I mean if a small brewery is having a quiz night, and they’re adequately staffed, why would they need my guy to go at 10 and help close up?

As I understand it you 2 are not in a relationship, you are just seeing each other, and on top of that you both agreed you are not ready to be in a relationship.

The terms of your agreement do not go beyond this. If he sees other people isn't of your concern, if he lies to see another woman isn't your concern. Your agreement is to *see each other* with no commitment.

If you need a man to be only seeing you than change the terms of your agreement and date exclusively.

• Like 3

I think regardless of what the circumstances of your relationship are, it shows a lack of respect that he didn't even bother to let you know if he was coming over.

You didn't have definite plans. You hoped he was coming over. he was OK with coming over unless something better / more fun came up. So he either went to the brewery & had a few; hooked up with somebody else; or just went home to chill alone.

His failure to be definitive was certainly discourteous but only you know if it rose to a level worthy of never speaking to him again.

Going forward, make specific plans or don't complain. When you leave things up in the air, it's not fair to get made when the other person picks the option that is not you.

The guy I’m seeing originally said he was working until 9 last night and could come round at 9:30. Fast forward to last night when I asked, he said his friend needed help closing up the brewery that my guy sometimes works at, he said he’s let me know if the guy needed him or not to help. I told him to let me know either way (cos is gwt some sleep otherwise). Come 9 when my guy finishes work, I didn’t hear from him, even though I sent 1 text. Feels like something isn’t right? I mean if a small brewery is having a quiz night, and they’re adequately staffed, why would they need my guy to go at 10 and help close up?

How do you know if they're adequately staffed? Are you scheduling employees for this place? If not, you don't know what may have happened in the course of the day--people may have called out sick.

Why do you feel your boyfriend is lying to you? Does he lie a lot? Is he untrustworthy? Do you have trust issue with him already?

What else is going on in your relationship that this is what you reach for first instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt?

I'm with d0nnivain--"Could" isn't "Will". You didn't have definite plans. There was always a chance he wasn't going to be coming by, hence him not saying I will be there by 9:30".

Edited by kendahke
  • Like 1
I mean if a small brewery is having a quiz night, and they’re adequately staffed, why would they need my guy to go at 10 and help close up?

maybe there is a girl there that he fancies