Should I Consider Dating Him Again?

wantslove92

I met a guy online and we clicked right away when we first met. He took me out on great dates. We had coffee when we first met. He takes me out to eat a lot and he always pays. He never lets me pay. He even took me out on a fancy date at this really nice restaurant where we had to dress in formal attire. We went on a few hikes, went mini golfing, watched a movie and had occasional sex.

He never really made it official with me. He didn't want a serious relationship. Kind of like a friends with benefits relationship but I did want more. He knew I wanted more. He was such an indecisive person though. He would talk to me for a couple of weeks then stop and ends it with me. Then a few weeks later he contacts me again and wants to spend time with me again for another couple of weeks. Then stops and ends it with me again and so on. This would happen all the time to the point where he actually wanted me to be his girlfriend. But that didn't work out because he is so confused and indecisive.

I was very hurt when he would change his mind each time but I kept going back to him when he would contact me again. He contacted me last month and told me that he wants to spend time with me again and wants to try dating me again but wants to wait until March because his ex is currently living with him and that it's a long story. He told me that he isn't sleeping with her. I don't really know what the situation is but he wants to date again on march because that's when he will move out and stay away from his ex. He doesn't want her to live with him.

I don't know what to do. I didn't give him an answer. He always blocks my number when he changes his mind about me then unblocks it when he wants to contact me again.

Should I just continue a friends with benefits thing with him again? Because if he is telling me that he wants to be serious now I feel like he will back out on me again and change his mind like always. But if I do this friends with benefits thing as an option I think I wouldn't mind because I'm pretty lonely right now and never had a boyfriend. I am 25 btw. He is the closest thing to me of having almost a boyfriend.

As you can see the main problem is his indecisiveness and doesn't seem too serious.

I don't know what to do here.

Don't believe for one minute that he's not sleeping with his 'ex'!

All those times he went cold on you? He was with her. Run from this one.

• Like 2
As you can see the main problem is his indecisiveness and doesn't seem too serious.

This isn't the main problem.

The main problem is there are a tonne of red flags here which you aren't acting upon.

Why you would want any kind of relationship with someone who treats you like this is beyond me.

I would have blocked him and moved on long ago.

Sorry, but he probably just ran out of options so now he's back. Don't wait months for a guy who only wants to "try" dating you, and who will likely end up doing the same thing to you again.

• Like 1

Friends with benefits is all I think you'll ever be able to get out him. If you're okay with that then fine, but do not expect a boyfriend girlfriend caring relationship with him. It just isn't gonna happen with this guy. He's already shown you he is not relationship material.

• Like 1

Agree with all of the above.

To add, you will never be loved by this person.

Here's why:

1. You cannot love someone you don't respect. He clearly does not respect you and walks all over you. Stop allowing this.

2. A decent person, one who is capable of love, would not treat you like this. They would not want to hurt you and string you along.