A good "date"

ZA Dater

From the off this whole situation is rather strange. I am not sure if anyone has ever known someone like this so let me try and explain.

It all started off as working relationship, I saw it as that and sure I wanted more but that wasn't possible. Anyway what has ended up happening is the odd "would you like to go for breakfast" " lets leave the group and do lunch on our own".

Some perspective is needed, I have never ever had ladies take any sort of interest in me at all, to the extent that I have had been friend zoned. These meets ups are super chilled, relaxed and I can be me, no awkwardness at all and the conversation is random and it flows well.

She isn't into me as relationship material but the level of things about me she remembers and comments on in conversation is quite nice. From my point of view I like spending time with her and I think that shows and frankly its just nice to actually do something with someone as opposed to doing everything on my own. I think she has figured that out too.

I get the sense on some level she does care which is again a quality I haven't found often, in fact never.

Complicating things further, people are starting to think we are a couple, that's apparently the sort of vibe being given off, she doesn't rebuff this at all.

To many none of this really constitutes much of a win but to me this isn't a bad situation to be in, these few "dates" are nice, infinitely nicer than these Tinder dates I have been going on.

I think why this works better for me is we simply have more in common than these random dates, where honestly I have little to nothing in common with these people.

After spending many years dealing with the utter poison of dating I have to admit this friend zone feels quite good, even if ultimately going to lead me into a massive mountain of disappointment.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

some times a relationship forms as friends first....have had this happen in fact for me,personally its the best type and foundation to start on ...no pressure just an easiness and conversation that isn't expected so just enjoyed.......i can understand that it doesnt happen in every case nor should it..but i believe with the right dynamic between two friends of the opposite sex...it can and does happen.....often...

i wouldnt be down about the friend zone....it can be a BEAUTIFUL START....deb

• Author
The thing about her not wanting a relationship with you - has she told you this in as many words?

Well she isn't single so that's basically implied.

The dynamics of her relationship seem to be particularly odd to me but who am I to judge. Whole thing seems to be more about convenience than anything else.

Perhaps I shouldn't admit it but she does make me happy, times spent with her are happy times.

I spend time on dating sites, tinder hoping to meet someone who is single that gives me that same feeling but just never happens because there is never any real common ground or connection.