Does girl at office like me?

Tiger000

We're both young single lawyers in a law firm. We're in different groups and don't work together at all, though I see her in the office most days. I've always found her attractive (and smart), but never really talked to her much. Recently over the past few weeks, I've noticed that she's been messaging me over the office messenger pretty much every day, and I have reciprocated by finding ways to extend and sometimes initiate a conversation. Every time we walk by each other, she has a huge smile on her face. I usually stay late at the office and more than a few times recently, she has stayed late to walk to the parking lot together. In general though, she is very friendly with everyone. So I am a little confused as to whether she might be interested in me or not. How do I find out if she's interested or not?

We're both young single lawyers in a law firm. We're in different groups and don't work together at all, though I see her in the office most days. I've always found her attractive (and smart), but never really talked to her much. Recently over the past few weeks, I've noticed that she's been messaging me over the office messenger pretty much every day, and I have reciprocated by finding ways to extend and sometimes initiate a conversation. Every time we walk by each other, she has a huge smile on her face. I usually stay late at the office and more than a few times recently, she has stayed late to walk to the parking lot together. In general though, she is very friendly with everyone. So I am a little confused as to whether she might be interested in me or not. How do I find out if she's interested or not?

All of the signs are there. The only way you can find out is to ask her out after work. Maybe one day after you both walk to your cars, ask her out to grab a bite or a drink. If you wait too long though, she is going to put you in the friend zone.

The main catch is do you want to mix business with pleasure?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I just feel that I need it give it more time to get more cues from her. The messaging has only been going on for about a month now. Most of our talking is being done over work messenger and is on the weekdays. Is there anything wrong with trying to become good friends first, and then explore whether there might be more?