So awkward. I’m finished :(

Redguitar35

I was walking outside the office at lunch alone thinking about being lonely I guess . Then this extremely hot girl walks past me and says I like your style. I liked hers too so I turned around and asked what her name was and whether she was a student etc. I didn’t know what to say. After awkward chitchat I asked if she wanted to say to lunch with me sometime. She said maybe. I said “what do I have to do to convince you?” She said “ask me for my number :)” which she gave me.

All I keep thinking about though is how I was so incredibly awkward during all that. I was just tongue-tied by how beautiful she was.She probably gave me a fake number. Do me a favor and bury me so deep in the ground no one will find me. There’s no way I will ever have a fulfilling relationship with a woman :(

Edited by Redguitar35

Wow! Monitor that self-talk please.

How did you go from having a woman say she likes your style to you feeling like you'll never have a fulfilling relationship?

Step back. Think about what just happened. A random woman chatted you up. Hurray!

These convos are always awkward. Stop beating yourself up. Try the number and see what happens. Try to have a sense of humour about it. There's a good chance she gave you her real number and if she didn't, she still damn approached you.

• Like 11

RedGuitar, there is an unhealthy amount of self sabotage going on in your head. You got the number of a hot girl and now you're wanting to bury yourself. Dude, you couldn't be more negative if you tried.

Pull yourself together and book a date with her.

• Like 9

Lemme get this straight OP: A girl compliments you, and instead of fumbling the opportunity, you compliment her back, stay for conversation, and then ask for the number. That is actually a win!

Contrary to what you might have read in the PUA Community, it is not only the super-smooth guys who get the girl.

Text her back and set up that lunch date!

• Like 5

A. I won't belabor what others have said, OP, but this is something to celebrate, not something to beat yourself up over. She talked to you first. That means there was something about you that caught her eye. Believe me, this does NOT happen often. Way to go.

B. You are FAR from the first guy who was awkward the first time he talked to a new woman in his life. There's a fair chance she found your nervousness charming.

C. You got her number. Now call her up and ask her out to lunch. After a few minutes, the awkwardness will pass and it'll be like any other conversation. Just be yourself and don't put yourself under too much pressure.

Please keep us posted.

• Like 4
Ruby Slippers

A beautiful girl approached you and gave you her number. Men dream of moments like this! But somehow your mind turned it into something stressful and bad.

I think it's pretty obvious you have low self-worth. A guy with high or even modest self-worth would think something more like, "Yeah, I'm the man!"

Work on improving your sense of self-worth. Just about everything in your life flows from that. The way you see yourself and treat yourself is how others will see you and treat you, for better or for worse.

• Like 3
I ain't gonna give you sympathy....get off the pity party and ask the girl out.

^^This.

You're looking at the whole situation wrong. You should be happy.

• Like 2

Don't be so hard on yourself! It doesn't sound like you were that awkward, and she was attracted to you enough to approach you.

Give you a call. Why not? You don't have anything to lose, and it might end up with you on a date with a beautiful woman. If she gave you a fake number, then just forget about it. You're no worse off than you were before.

You are probably your own worst critic here: intuition is telling me that she gave you a real number and would likely want to hear from you.

I agree with everyone else here, but I'll just add this:

Assuming you were awkward, it doesn't matter. You got the number, and once you call her, the date. Assuming it progresses from here, the awkwardness is something you can embrace and laugh about in a week's time (or a month... or years!)

I get asking people out can feel awkward and embarrassing. But being awkward and getting the date anyway is still WAY better than a lot of other outcomes.

Like everyone else saying, text her. If she responds, ask her out, if she says yes, go on a date with her. During the date, try as much as possible to stop worrying about awkwardness, it does absolutely nothing to help you.

If you want to have a fulfilling relationship with a woman you find attractive, you need experience. So whether or not things go well with this lady, it's the first of many steps. You need to take it.

lol op. As a woman I am attracted to what I like to call "awkwardly charming".

You sound like just the kind of guy I would give my number to, and this girl seems to think so too. Not all of us like super smooth dudes (yuck!)

Don't be so down, try and see what happens. :)

• Like 4
lol op. As a woman I am attracted to what I like to call "awkwardly charming".

You sound like just the kind of guy I would give my number to, and this girl seems to think so too. Not all of us like super smooth dudes (yuck!)

Don't be so down, try and see what happens. :)

This is the perfect quote to highlight why it is so important for everyone to just be themselves. It's not one size fits all in this world, and that's why all that online dating guru crap is garbage. It seems some of the younger guys around here are trying to act a certain way. None of that stuff was around when I was a teen/early twenties and we had no problems with women. Well, I mean, no problems "meeting" them. :p

• Like 5
This is the perfect quote to highlight why it is so important for everyone to just be themselves. It's not one size fits all in this world, and that's why all that online dating guru crap is garbage. It seems some of the younger guys around here are trying to act a certain way. None of that stuff was around when I was a teen/early twenties and we had no problems with women. Well, I mean, no problems "meeting" them. :p

Lol super smooth dudes make me think of con artists or my dad.

Lots of “nope” there

• Like 2
mortensorchid

So, what happened? Did she answer the text? And if so what did she say? This could be something quite good.

You mean someone else actually realizes this too, well it's about time.

l've been sayin it since l joined this place , can't believe some of the crap .

And if women out had any sense and originality at all they'd be agreeing with Hicruchy you and me , but l dunno , they all seem to preach the same internet garbage themselves and just love a well rehearsed parrot, dunno. ,l can never figure it out, that's not real life.

Oh well,at least now there are three of us and the real world too thank God.

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 3
She said maybe. I said “what do I have to do to convince you?”

Whoa! Why would you say that? Makes you sound worthless. No one should need convincing.

You mean someone else actually realizes this too, well it's about time.

l've been sayin it since l joined this place , can't believe some of the crap .

And if women out had any sense and originality at all they'd be agreeing with Hicruchy you and me , but l dunno , they all seem to preach the same internet garbage themselves and just love a well rehearsed parrot, dunno. ,l can never figure it out, that's not real life.

Oh well,at least now there are three of us and the real world too thank God.

Me too! Me too!

When I was dating, I was always myself. Both the good and the bad. No sense trying to be someone I'm not in order to find someone who loves me for who I truly am.

• Like 3
todreaminblue

smooth guys as you have read arent as popular as you feel they are...teflon guys arent my style either....apparently calling someone goofy is a put down i dont think it is because i like goof..to me goof is awkward charm..i can be goofy myself and i would at least want a guy as unteflon as i am....

a guy with humility and a sense of humor....teflon guys are only good to cook eggs on......they hardly ever have any goof about them too much ego to fit goof in......

i hope you update this thread op.....and let the posters know how it went including me ...i hope everything turned out peachy and you went on a date or at least rang and asked for one.....good luck....deb

After awkward chitchat I asked if she wanted to say to lunch with me sometime.

Set a definite date. For example, you should have asked her if she's free Saturday at 7 to go get dinner at Bob's diner or whatever. Being more assertive with plans like that gives you the best chance of a date.

Also, no lunch dates. That sets a friendly vibe. You want to meet up for dinner in the evening so it sets a romantic tone.

She said maybe. I said “what do I have to do to convince you?”

Maybe is mostly a no, but not for definite. You're trying to please her, which will just get you friend zoned. She should be wondering what she has to be doing to convince you for a date.

I was just tongue-tied by how beautiful she was.She probably gave me a fake number. Do me a favor and bury me so deep in the ground no one will find me. There’s no way I will ever have a fulfilling relationship with a woman :(

Treat all women the same, regardless of beauty. Confidence is attractive so you need to talk/act around her like you would with a woman you have no interest in.

Push yourself to speak to women randomly. People don't fear things they're confident with. Sign up to a dating website, go on a few dates with different women and you'll make mistakes, but you'll carry the learning process from making that mistake into the next woman you meet.

Edited by fmfan08
BarbedFenceRider

As a guy, I think he did just fine. OP is obviously new at the social ques being given here. But I think he did just fine. Reminder, he got digits (phone number). :cool: What needs to happen is just relax, and DON'T call right away. Give her the 48 rule. 48 hours before first call. Then just have fun. Call and be plain. Ask her to lunch. Tell her lets keep it light and easy, go dutch. She pays her way, you pay yours. Just going for company. Even if nothing becomes of it, you just did millions more than what lots of other guys watching her from afar will never do....Ask a pretty girl out for lunch. Boom.

Nicely played fine sir, nicely played.:)

• Like 1
As a guy, I think he did just fine. OP is obviously new at the social ques being given here. But I think he did just fine. Reminder, he got digits (phone number). :cool: What needs to happen is just relax, and DON'T call right away. Give her the 48 rule. 48 hours before first call. Then just have fun. Call and be plain. Ask her to lunch. Tell her lets keep it light and easy, go dutch. She pays her way, you pay yours. Just going for company. Even if nothing becomes of it, you just did millions more than what lots of other guys watching her from afar will never do....Ask a pretty girl out for lunch. Boom.

Nicely played fine sir, nicely played.:)

Don't wait 48 hours, call her the next evening. Don't ask her for lunch either, only friends do lunch.

some_username1

So let me get this straight: you met this HOT girl (so hot in fact that you were dumbfounded by her beauty) were adept enough to get her number....and now you are wracked with inadequacy so much so that you want to be buried alive or some such nonsense?

Nah I'm not buying it OP, I think you are having us all on and know very well what you are doing :laugh:

Good luck though! :)

• Like 1
I was walking outside the office at lunch alone thinking about being lonely I guess . Then this extremely hot girl walks past me and says I like your style. I liked hers too so I turned around and asked what her name was and whether she was a student etc. I didn’t know what to say. After awkward chitchat I asked if she wanted to say to lunch with me sometime. She said maybe. I said “what do I have to do to convince you?” She said “ask me for my number :)” which she gave me.

All I keep thinking about though is how I was so incredibly awkward during all that. I was just tongue-tied by how beautiful she was.She probably gave me a fake number. Do me a favor and bury me so deep in the ground no one will find me. There’s no way I will ever have a fulfilling relationship with a woman :(

Dude, you did good! That's a pretty good back and forth. Stop with the negative. Looks like she might be flirting too!? Who cares if it's a fake number. Enjoy the moment/the back and forth.