Dating ex’s little sister?

Insert name here

Insert name here

So I have a little bit of a weird question here.

I’m really interested in my exes little sister. She’s quite a bit younger than me, we’re both still in high school. I dated my ex for just over a year, which started out with us becoming best friends. I’m a competitive athlete and I’d known her for a while back but was always closer with her younger sister because she trained with me. I’ve been broken up with my ex for just over a year, she completely blocked me out, along with some of her friends who I got a long with, she honestly went crazy, moving away for hockey.

So now that leaves me with her younger sister, we see each other almost every day and spend multiple weekends together at competition. Also during the summer we hung out a bit at the lake, just chillin with a group of friends.

Over the last month or so I’ve really became attracted to her. She’s way hotter than my ex, and just fun to be around. Just recently we were having fun and took these cute couple pictures together, piggy backs and hugs, mainly just as friends. And she constantly sends bikini picks and what not. This just makes me want to be with her even more, right now she’s not allowed to date at her age, but even if she’s not just “dating” would be nice.

So the hard part is, deciding if it’s worth it. Her family still likes me, they always are polite and say hello, I’ve been out on their boat as a guys thing, we get along. But when I was dating my ex, they were always very strict on everything, so dating her might not be possible.

What do you guys think? Just stay friends and don’t make things worse?

It would be an emotional minefield; if you don't like drama, it's better to focus on girls you can date where there would be none. Would you be comfortable having a brother or a close friend date an ex that you had cared about?

If you care about this girl as a friend, consider the impact that getting involved with her would have on her relationship with her sister and her parents. It's not going to end well, her parents won't be supportive of it and will likely think the worst of your motives (it might come across as an attempt to get back at your ex or using the younger sister as a substitute). It will affect the relationship between the sisters, possibly permanently. It's just a bad idea all around and you're sensible enough to know that.

Sounds like a bad idea given the way things are between you an the ex. I wouldn't go there. It's too weird. Lots of other people in the world who aren't closely related to your ex.

Her family still likes me, they always are polite and say hello, I’ve been out on their boat as a guys thing, we get along.

I guess if you start "dating" their underage daughter, their attitude towards you will change overnight...

• Like 9

How old is this girl? considering shes in high school and you say shes quite bit younger than you. Even two years at your ages is a lot in high school.

Also no decent sister would date their sibling ex.

GunslingerRoland
I guess if you start "dating" their underage daughter, their attitude towards you will change overnight...

This is my first thought too, once they find out that you've gone from their older daughter to their younger daughter you are going to lose their favor fast. Especially given the way it ended with her sister, how is this supposed to work out?

No, don't go for it.

If she's under the age of consent and her parents say no, as is their right, things will not work out well for you.

• Author
Insert name here

She’s two years younger than me, and we’re both in high school. Right now we’re just friends and that’s now and for the next while that’s all it really will be.

So I have a little bit of a weird question here.

I’m really interested in my exes little sister. She’s quite a bit younger than me, we’re both still in high school. I dated my ex for just over a year, which started out with us becoming best friends. I’m a competitive athlete and I’d known her for a while back but was always closer with her younger sister because she trained with me. I’ve been broken up with my ex for just over a year, she completely blocked me out, along with some of her friends who I got a long with, she honestly went crazy, moving away for hockey.

So now that leaves me with her younger sister, we see each other almost every day and spend multiple weekends together at competition. Also during the summer we hung out a bit at the lake, just chillin with a group of friends.

Over the last month or so I’ve really became attracted to her. She’s way hotter than my ex, and just fun to be around. Just recently we were having fun and took these cute couple pictures together, piggy backs and hugs, mainly just as friends. And she constantly sends bikini picks and what not. This just makes me want to be with her even more, right now she’s not allowed to date at her age, but even if she’s not just “dating” would be nice.

So the hard part is, deciding if it’s worth it. Her family still likes me, they always are polite and say hello, I’ve been out on their boat as a guys thing, we get along. But when I was dating my ex, they were always very strict on everything, so dating her might not be possible.

What do you guys think? Just stay friends and don’t make things worse?

Are you kidding?? That’s selfish on your part. Have you considered the wedge it would drive between them?

OP, I'll share a bit of experience from my past. Keep in mind, I was still quite a bit older than you when this happened.

I went on ten dates with a woman. In the course of those dates, I tried to move things along physically, but she would always say she wasn't ready yet. After our tenth date, she finally admitted she just wasn't into me sexually and didn't see things getting physical between us, but she wanted to remain friends. We had previously made plans for her to be my date for a concert. I decided that since we were no longer dating, I would take a woman who was open to dating me. That woman happened to be her younger sister. The younger sister and I ended up having a great time at the concert and we ended up in bed.

I was totally unprepared for the rage of the older sister. After all, she had rejected me! We were never exclusive and our non-existent relationship was never consummated. Yet, somehow, I was the "bad guy". A relationship with the younger sister never materialized (which is understandable considering the older sister's reaction). Thus, it was a lot of drama for a ONS. If I knew then what I knew now, I would not have made that choice.

Don't live your life with regrets and what ifs. Life is too short for that. You probably don't want to sit back a few years after this and say damn, I wish I had dated her.

She is clearly interested in you. Her sister was crazy and clearly didn't want to be in a relationship with you anymore which means you're single and free to date whomever you want.

Stop letting her dictate your dating life even after y'all aren't in a relationship anymore.

I don't think it's wise, without knowing the precise ages involved, to be advising the OP to do something that could potentially land him in jail.

He's already hinted that the girl is underage. Add an angry older sister and parents to the mix, what do you think is going to happen?

• Like 1
I don't think it's wise, without knowing the precise ages involved, to be advising the OP to do something that could potentially land him in jail.

He's already hinted that the girl is underage. Add an angry older sister and parents to the mix, what do you think is going to happen?

OP and the girl are both in high school. There is nothing illegal going on.

OP and the girl are both in high school. There is nothing illegal going on.

What? You seriously shouldn't be advising on potentially serious matters if you know nothing about them.

I suggest you take the time to educate yourself on consent laws. In the meantime: (1) being in high school is completely irrelevant, (2) whether or not there is a valid defense based on small age difference depends on the ages, the age difference, and which state jurisdiction, (3) some states do not have this defense at all, and others merely allow for a reduced penalty, (4) the OP has not divulged their ages but has strongly hinted that she is underage, so I stand by what I said, and that you do not have enough information to form the conclusion you've formed.

What? You seriously shouldn't be advising on potentially serious matters if you know nothing about them.

I suggest you take the time to educate yourself on consent laws. In the meantime: (1) being in high school is completely irrelevant, (2) whether or not there is a valid defense based on small age difference depends on the ages, the age difference, and which state jurisdiction, (3) some states do not have this defense at all, and others merely allow for a reduced penalty, (4) the OP has not divulged their ages but has strongly hinted that she is underage, so I stand by what I said, and that you do not have enough information to form the conclusion you've formed.

True. Good points raised. If he can divulge their ages and the state they are in, things will be much clearer.

Yes you guys are probably right.

At the very least you sought out advice being you already have an inkling that this is foolhardy in the extreme.

So my advice is this:

If you are up for a boatload of Drama, with all the bad feelings and resentment your ex will have for you, and who will take it out on her sister by Proxy, then have right at it.

Maybe you will learn at this tender age the drawbacks of diddling the relatives of your exes. Maybe you will get the comeuppance of your young life and learn to leave that crap alone. Or maybe you won't

But remember, Hormones raging at your age usually allow people to take leave of their senses.

Come back after Thanksgiving weekend and let us know how this new journey of familial discovery is working out.

My guess is that this whole mess will be a gift you will want to return.