A terrible first date

Mumra

Met a woman and got her #. When I first approached, she was already talking about her bad previous relationships and things not working out.

Very first call she's talking about her guy friends and other silly drama filled stuff.

Set up a date. On the date a few things happened:

- She complained that we had to walk 4 blocks to the restaurant from where I was able to find parking

- She was talking about numerous guy friends, drama with her own mother, drama in one of her friend's relationships, her past relationships, her past dates

- How beautiful one guy that she met previously was (I was thinking wtf)

- She complained about the food

- She told me that she was "high maintenance" and a "Queen" I thought she was joking until I realized she wasn't

I didn't have a good vibe at all. She had no sense of humor and was very stuck on herself. It was the weirdest coldest date I've ever had in my life as if nothing could impress her or that the date wasn't up to her standard. When I dropped her off, I had a feeling I wouldn't hear from her again. I gave the usual text to follow up but no response. I should probably be thankful.

• Like 1

I would have got up and said I was going to pee, then snuck out of the restaurant. If someone acts like a douchebag...they're not acting.

• Author
I would have got up and said I was going to pee, then snuck out of the restaurant. If someone acts like a douchebag...they're not acting.

Lol, I should have. She had no shame in revealing what she was like. I was thinking to myself why did she even agree to go out just to make as if myself and nothing I did was good enough.

• Author
Yikes ... You're okay now that you have parted ways. Moving on.

Def Yikes! Usually women are fun as hell on that first date, even if they don't want to see you again. It was super weird. It was like she was pissed off or something. IDK.

I had an even worse one. She wrote this giant spiel on profile about being a woman of her word and that she never flakes blah blah blah. So of course on our first meet, not only did I get stood up but I didn't even hear a word from her until the next day. She apologized profusely and begged for another chance. She claimed that she was hospitalized which I suppose is possible because I've never had someone be so rude as to not even text or answer the phone if they weren't going to show. She also needed about two weeks to "heal" before we she could meet again. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and reluctantly agreed against my better judgement.

When we meet I immediately knew it was a "no". First of all she was 45 minutes late. She claimed she was 30 but she looked at least 40. At a minimum, she was late 30's unless she was a recovering meth or heroin addict. Things didn't get any better once she opened her mouth. She tended to complain and have a negative outlook on everything. Listening to her life story was bordering on a b!tchfest of how the world was out to get her. She ordered an entree and a huge appetizer and barely ate anything. So a food waster too. I was thinking "we are sooo going dutch..." She excused herself, not once, but twice to go to the ladies room. The second time was at least 15 minutes. It was so long I was certain she slipped out the back door and grabbed an Uber. I was so convinced that she had bailed on our date, that I started eating the food on her plate she was wasting. Then she reappeared! I was actually kinda disappointed she hadn't bailed. I guess the saving grace was I was able to split the check since she came back...

@cryfornoone

she didnt notice sum of her food was missing? thats a win!!!

Maybe she did maybe she didn't. She didn't say anything and I sure as h3ll wasn't going to...

When's date #2? She sounds like a keeper.

My ex, one time during an argument asked why I didn't come out and open her car door when she came to my business. Another time she got upset that I didn't come and open the electronic gate to my apartment. I asked her why she didn't text me when she arrived.

Edited by dumbass2
  • Author
I had an even worse one. She wrote this giant spiel on profile about being a woman of her word and that she never flakes blah blah blah. So of course on our first meet, not only did I get stood up but I didn't even hear a word from her until the next day. She apologized profusely and begged for another chance. She claimed that she was hospitalized which I suppose is possible because I've never had someone be so rude as to not even text or answer the phone if they weren't going to show. She also needed about two weeks to "heal" before we she could meet again. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and reluctantly agreed against my better judgement.

When we meet I immediately knew it was a "no". First of all she was 45 minutes late. She claimed she was 30 but she looked at least 40. At a minimum, she was late 30's unless she was a recovering meth or heroin addict. Things didn't get any better once she opened her mouth. She tended to complain and have a negative outlook on everything. Listening to her life story was bordering on a b!tchfest of how the world was out to get her. She ordered an entree and a huge appetizer and barely ate anything. So a food waster too. I was thinking "we are sooo going dutch..." She excused herself, not once, but twice to go to the ladies room. The second time was at least 15 minutes. It was so long I was certain she slipped out the back door and grabbed an Uber. I was so convinced that she had bailed on our date, that I started eating the food on her plate she was wasting. Then she reappeared! I was actually kinda disappointed she hadn't bailed. I guess the saving grace was I was able to split the check since she came back...

Ok, so I'm not the only one who has gone through something like this.

• Author
When's date #2? She sounds like a keeper.

My ex, one time during an argument asked why I didn't come out and open her car door when she came to my business. Another time she got upset that I didn't come and open the electronic gate to my apartment. I asked her why she didn't text me when she arrived.

Def not a keeper. Lmao!

My thoughts exactly. Guys can pull that move too!

Yup, if it walks like a duck, believe them.

Met a woman and got her #. When I first approached, she was already talking about her bad previous relationships and things not working out.

That was the time to bail.

Very first call she's talking about her guy friends and other silly drama filled stuff.

Another opportunity to bail missed.

Set up a date.

Sucker for punishment

On the date a few things happened:

- She complained that we had to walk 4 blocks to the restaurant from where I was able to find parking

Now this is where I have complete sympathy for her, you try walking 4 blocks in the huge heels no doubt she was wearing. Of course she may have been wearing trainers/sensible shoes and it was just something else she found to moan about, but take heed. Women do not want to walk 4 blocks to a restaurant in all their finery, find a restaurant with parking or take a taxi right to the door.

Lol, I should have. She had no shame in revealing what she was like. I was thinking to myself why did she even agree to go out just to make as if myself and nothing I did was good enough.

You really shouldn't pass judgement on people that don't share your set of values or ideas on what is or isn't "good" and "proper" behavious. Just accept that they are different then you and move on to looking for someone who is more compatible to you.

From what I saw in your post there is nothing in there to indicate she needs to be "ashamed"of anything. So she has an opinion on how much she should need to walk to get to a restaurant and she likes to complain other about stuff. Some people are like that. Its nothing to be ashamed of. Some people are big complainers. Some people are not. Its just the way people are.

It happens. At least you know now to stay away from her. She’s probably clueless how much of a turn off she is.

Set up a date. On the date a few things happened:

- She was talking about numerous guy friends, drama with her own mother, drama in one of her friend's relationships, her past relationships, her past dates

- How beautiful one guy that she met previously was (I was thinking wtf)

- She complained about the food

- She told me that she was "high maintenance" and a "Queen" I thought she was joking until I realized she wasn't

I didn't have a good vibe at all. She had no sense of humor and was very stuck on herself. It was the weirdest coldest date I've ever had in my life as if nothing could impress her or that the date wasn't up to her standard. When I dropped her off, I had a feeling I wouldn't hear from her again. I gave the usual text to follow up but no response. I should probably be thankful.

Oh, deary! That sounds like a lady I recently had a date with. No sense in trying to get another date with someone like that. Ugh.

Cookiesandough

I saw that "looking for my queen/king" stuff on dating sites sometimes. What's with that? Way too monarchical for my taste