What does she mean?

Rb33

She started working at the company two months ago. We had fun time, talked to each other and got on pretty well. We have a lot in common with our likings. She was saying she was bored as she is new to this town. Then one day I asked her out. She said she was going to see her sister but she could give me a lift, because the place I offered was near her house. and I said, thanks, I would go myself. Then she started behaving me distantly. After a week I asked her out again and she said that she was sorry and she had plans every day. From that day on, I behaved distantly but she was smiling at me again. One day I saw her while leaving. I said “Good evening” and smiled. She said me “You too, have a good evening”, but her voice was very low and she couldn’t smile. She couldn’t gulp while saying that. And since that day, I also started smiling at her. Now we talk and smile again, but we aren’t as sincere as we were before.

Yesterday we were four people speaking. 3 females and me. She talked about a book and I said I didn’t read it but I gave it as a gift to a friend last year. Later on for another book I like, she said she would read it if someone buys it as a gift. But she wasn’t looking at me.

She is always deeply in my mind. I really don’t know what to do. Should I try to forget or do what?

Please help me understand her. I really want her.

Thank you in advance

I would try to forget about her. I am not reading anything here that makes her sound interested. And it's bad to date work people anyway.

• Like 1
  • Author
I would try to forget about her. I am not reading anything here that makes her sound interested. And it's bad to date work people anyway.

But I want her so bad :/

I'm going to agree. You've tried asking her out twice and she has consistently stated other plans. She's not interested in you in that way. Don't mistake friendly with flirting. Dating a coworker isn't the best idea anyway. Accept this as a crush and move on.

But I want her so bad :/

OK, but it is obvious she did not want you.

Dating is a two way street, we do not often get what WE want just because WE want it...

She has to want you too and nothing you have written here gives me that idea.

• Like 1

You want her as a GF. She only wants you as a friend / work colleague. When you asked her out, she put distance in the interactions to discourage you from crossing the line.

We don't know if she straight up doesn't see you as a romantic prospect or she doesn't want to get involved with a co-worker but either way for now, it's a no go.

Seek a romance elsewhere. Chasing her is a non-starter. If you persist you could find yourself on the wrong side of a work sexual harassment charge. In this post Harvey Weinstein climate the scales are tilted against you.