LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

If you've only been on two dates with a guy but he likes another girl's picture?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2017, 10:30 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
Don't add someone you are only dating onto your social media. There problem solved.
I wouldn't but they always send me a friend request.
fmfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 10:32 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmfan08 View Post
There is an ignore button or you could, you know, actually not respond to the request. You don't have to accept.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 10:36 AM   #18

Quote:
So you've been on two dates with a guy but you're not exclusive. What if he likes another girl's picture on Facebook? Does that put you off and annoy you? Or do you see it that he possibly has other options?

I'd understand if you were exclusive/in a relationship, this would be a huge problem but for someone you've only gone on two dates with, it would be okay right? If you both met through OLD and you're both online on it, I figured it would be the same as you're still "looking".
This all depends on what his thoughts are about this woman he liked. What do you think about this. I wouldn't turn off the water just yet. Right let it flow forward. You get caught up in too much drama if you start to worry about it!
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 10:38 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
There is an ignore button or you could, you know, actually not respond to the request. You don't have to accept.
Yeah, good luck with that!!!
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 10:40 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
I never add them, they always add me.
You have to ok it, though.

Anyone who sends me a friend request on FB or IG, it gives me the option to accept or deny. It's that way across the board for everyone, including you.

If I don't already know you from back in the day, then you get a deny. Not until I've known you for a while will I extend/accept friend requests.

Peace of mind, peace of heart, peace of home--when you have all 3 you've got gold.
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 10:49 AM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendahke View Post
You have to ok it, though.

Anyone who sends me a friend request on FB or IG, it gives me the option to accept or deny. It's that way across the board for everyone, including you.

If I don't already know you from back in the day, then you get a deny. Not until I've known you for a while will I extend/accept friend requests.
They will likely lose interest then
Old 10th November 2017, 10:59 AM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Makes me so glad I'm the age I am where the effs are so thin on the ground... \o/
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 11:24 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
This is what I thought. She had doubts about me before our first date, hence she cancelled with family problems but hinted about us texting before meeting the following weekend. This was two days after she had sent the request and I left it lingering. I only accepted it after she cancelled on me. It was because she didn't know me enough prior to the date.
Old 10th November 2017, 11:28 AM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Just say you only add people to your facebook when you've known them a while.

If you can't bring yourself to do that, there's also a setting to disallow sending you friend requests.
Old 10th November 2017, 11:40 AM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegNosePete View Post
Just say you only add people to your facebook when you've known them a while.
I'll go with this, it shows authority and I feel it's a good reason to use.
Old 10th November 2017, 11:44 AM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
This is what I thought. She had doubts about me before our first date, hence she cancelled with family problems but hinted about us texting before meeting the following weekend. This was two days after she had sent the request and I left it lingering. I only accepted it after she cancelled on me. It was because she didn't know me enough prior to the date.
I hardly think anyone can really know someone simply by looking at their social media accounts.

Anyone with half a brain knows that Facebook and IG in particular are really just highlight reels of someone's best moments all filtered and enhanced for full visual impact.

Smoke and mirrors.

Beyond that, so often what is seen and read on social media can also be misconstrued BIG time. It's not necessarily a true representation of who we are offline. The last thing you want is to invite someone you barely know to scrutinize the way you interact online and vice versa.

How old are the two of you?
Old 10th November 2017, 11:48 AM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle ma Belle View Post
I hardly think anyone can really know someone simply by looking at their social media accounts.

Anyone with half a brain knows that Facebook and IG in particular are really just highlight reels of someone's best moments all filtered and enhanced for full visual impact.

Smoke and mirrors.

Beyond that, so often what is seen and read on social media can also be misconstrued BIG time. It's not necessarily a true representation of who we are offline. The last thing you want is to invite someone you barely know to scrutinize the way you interact online and vice versa.

How old are the two of you?
Maybe she worried about catfishing, but then again some people can make really good fake facebook accounts. I'm 25 and she's 23.
Old 10th November 2017, 11:53 AM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Maybe she worried about catfishing, but then again some people can make really good fake facebook accounts. I'm 25 and she's 23.
Good Lawd.

The only people who need to worry about being catfished are those who talk to people who avoid meeting up or who make excuses not to Skype/video if they're LD.

And yes, seasoned catfishers will go to all sorts of extremes to support their fake identities including fake profiles. You see it all the time on the show Catfish.

Your ages kind of explains it all now.
Michelle ma Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 12:21 PM   #29
Established Member

I decided to deactivate my current Facebook account, I hardly use it only just to keep tabs on a few friends. Not spoken to this girl I've been dating for two dates since last night but haven't had a reply from her today. Hopefully she doesn't think I've blocked her by deactivating Facebook as I haven't warned her about doing that, but she still has my number if she wants to get in touch with me.
Old 10th November 2017, 12:25 PM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
Yeah, good luck with that!!!
Surely you jest.

I understand where you are coming from - but do you read anyone else's posts? I did not tally but I estimate that 7 out of 10 posters on that other thread, if not more, would never even consider adding strangers just starting to date on their social media.

The answer to the OP's problem would have been to delete her friend request. Then he would not be in the position to have to worry about what a stranger thinks about how he manages his social media.

Where is the head banging smiley?
NuevoYorko is offline   Reply With Quote