LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

an OLD thing , what the , what is this ?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2017, 8:53 AM   #1
Established Member

an OLD thing , what the , what is this ?

Just shoot me but l rejoined my old date site from a few yrs back the other day .
Wasn't really fussed just thought l'd look around.
This lady gave me a like, seemed quite nice so l liked her back and we chatted.

Next day she had a good morng waiting for me, chatted a bit more. That night she started disappearing but she was still on. Sent her a message or two, went back few hrs later, no replies. Next morning just some 3 word reply.
l thought stuff this and removed her from contacts. On mine that's it when you do that it's goodnight.
So next morning she re'liked me again,l thought oh, we must be ok then so l liked her back and we started talking again. Said sorry about that but l didn't think you were interested she says oh hell yeah something just came up.

Gave her my number, she said great l'll get back to you later, sends me a text through the day, l replied later, nothing.
Two days ago. WTH is that ?
l mean to re'like me again was a pretty gutsy move , yet disappearo, again !
l'm not fussed she was pretty boring anyway but what the hell ?

Last edited by Chilli; 10th November 2017 at 8:57 AM..
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 9:01 AM   #2
Established Member

There are so many time wasters on OLD, I don't even bat an eyelash anymore when they pull this crap. Nearly 50% of the women who express genuine interest flake or ghost these days. That's just the way it is. Could be many reasons:

- She's a catfish
- She's married
- She just wants an ego boost and never intended to meet
- Or most likely, she's playing the field and keeping you lukewarm until better options came along. The repeated ghosting and liking means someone better DID come along (for all of a minute) but then probably ghosted her. What goes around, comes around...
A love that should have lasted years
CryForNoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 9:01 AM   #3
Established Member

You can't expect somebody you connected with through OLD to be at your beck & call.

She does sound flaky so I wouldn't put much faith in her.

Try talking to others & not worry so much about her.
joseb and kendahke like this.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 9:13 AM   #4
Established Member

Ahh, not worried about her like l said she was pretty boring but what is this crap, yaknow.
Been a long time , gonna have to get use to all the garbage again l guess.

l'm actually looking for someone from last time tbh, hoping she might still be around.
Old 10th November 2017, 9:18 AM   #5
Established Member

"Time wasters" - indeed. They seem to run a muck online regardless of gender.

I've been here and what I've learned is to believe them the first time around.

I think it's irrelevant why someone behaves this way and to try and figure it out would be just a big of a time waster. Whatever the reason, if it annoys you, if it offends you, that's all you need to know and be done with those people.

Online is fickle at the best of times so it behooves you to not bother with second chances in an arena where options are in abundance and attentions spans are in short supply.

Lesson learned. Swipe right on someone else and forget this chick.
Chilli likes this.
Old 10th November 2017, 9:27 AM   #6
Established Member

God yeah you aren't wrong , forgot how fickle it can be.
Old 10th November 2017, 9:28 AM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Ahh, not worried about her like l said she was pretty boring but what is this crap, yaknow.
Been a long time , gonna have to get use to all the garbage again l guess.

l'm actually looking for someone from last time tbh, hoping she might still be around.
Yep, this!
Chilli and jcm 800 like this.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 10:42 PM   #8
Established Member

Oh brother , shoulda left her un'liked.knew it.

Nothing from her a few days, didn't even bother answering my last reply, come in today here's a gooooddd morningggg, how are ya.
Phone was inside, message was a few hours old.

ls there some point l'm missing here, damn bs.

Wonder if there's a personality thing goin on with people like this. She's 44, never married no kids , said she'd love to get married but has only had some short relationships.
Might help if she actually talked now and then. ya think !!

Last edited by Chilli; 10th November 2017 at 10:54 PM..
Old 11th November 2017, 5:27 AM   #9
Established Member

What about ask her out? If she flakes out on that, you can write her and tell her it isn't going to work and remove her from your list. Granted, she seems a bit flaky, maybe playing hard to get, but maybe she doesn't like texting, or she's been trapped by the perpetual texter (I've had a few) and just doesn't extend much into it anymore. You don't know if she's boring until you meet her. That seems like a reasonable first step over counting the minutes and hours between her texting. If she can't carry a conversation in person, that's the important thing, and at least you'll know.
Kamille likes this.
act00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 11:43 AM   #10
Established Member

I have actually never met a woman in person through an online dating site, though my experience in online dating is almost nil. The reason I gave up is similar to your experience here. It was just a frustrating game of here today, gone tomorrow, back again. Everyone appeared flaky, but it's probably because the women were juggling multiple men. It wasn't for me, though I am sure if I would have put forth the effort something could have panned out. I just don't have the patience for all the typing, etc. I like in person better.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 12:05 PM   #11
Established Member

Everyone has access to scores, hundreds of possibilities. It is no surprise that people behave a little or more flakey. I too have potentials and try to set up dates, but I am careful that they ALL meet the minimum characteristics that any OLD profile provides. Once there is a connection with any one of them, I try to concentrate on that person...until the next person. To be honest, when people realize that they are not the only option out there, the less frustrating OLD becomes. Unfortunate, but that's the way it is.
Old 11th November 2017, 1:24 PM   #12
Established Member

yeah, weird.
She is a slow flame, l do like that ,pretty too, says she wants to email first and get to know someone before we meet, sounds very cautious,
l get that.
But she would've tapped away on the site for another wk if l didn't nudge it, hate the site emailing stuff and gave her my number. She text me straight away.
She had a really nice page we sounded a lot a like , deep thinker,too and l do love that,all why l bothered, but l really hate squeezing convo and that's when she started feeling boring.

Anyway , even with the nice page, looks, and l do like her thinking, she's 2hours away so l doubt we;re gonna get far at this rate.

Funny , l'm sure something happens around summer time , everyone's frisky, It's coming into summer here, had a bit more of a look around the other night and found piles of women that sounded very nice, emailed some, l can just see date site overload approaching by next week , oh noooo.
Think l'll just spend summer at the beach instead haha.

Last edited by Chilli; 11th November 2017 at 1:37 PM..
Old 13th November 2017, 3:16 AM   #13
Established Member

Cut the cord with that one , l mean next day replies, don't mind slow but that's ridiculous.

Now suffering overload , hasn't even been a week yet.
l dunno who the hell anyone is l'm talking to. Think l may've gotten carried away with some likes.
Don't think l'm cut out for this..

Last edited by Chilli; 13th November 2017 at 3:19 AM..
Old 13th November 2017, 4:33 AM   #14
Established Member

Oh hell this is hard.

What do you say when they show you more photos and you see then your just not interested ?
Old 13th November 2017, 4:47 AM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
l dunno who the hell anyone is l'm talking to. Think l may've gotten carried away with some likes.
Don't think l'm cut out for this..
Welcome to the wonderful world of OLD. You'll get used to this sort of behavior
kortz is offline   Reply With Quote