Why would he lie about his birthday

confusedone19

confusedone19

ive recently been chatting to a guy I met online he seems nice, he has told me its his birthday in two weeks but he is listed online (under his company) as having his birthday in September

I dont get why he would lie.....

CautiouslyOptimistic

What do you mean "under his company?" On his company's website? I'm confused why his birthday would be mentioned there at all.

• Like 3
  • Author
confusedone19
What do you mean "under his company?" On his company's website? I'm confused why his birthday would be mentioned there at all.

oh you can find director information online for companies and it list this not the companies personal website.

CautiouslyOptimistic
oh you can find director information online for companies and it list this not the companies personal website.

I doubt those types of listings are always correct.

• Like 4

When I sign up for OL things I often fudge my birthday in my naïve little hope that may thwart identity theft.

I would believe the man over info you dug up OL until you verify. When together invent a reason to look at his DL. With a new person I would always start a conversation about how bad DL photos are just to be able to see.

Go from there.

• Like 3
Very adept 'fact checking'

Another who didn't stand a chance against social media sleuth

LOL C&D! I'm starting to get really paranoid about my social media accounts. I think I'm going to have to do a Facebook audit and verify there are no erroneous dates or facts. Maybe I can get super sneaky and lay some traps to weed them out...

"You said you liked Mumford & Sons on Facebook, but you just made fun of them." "Gotcha! I just list bands that I know girls like so when they stalk me on Facebook they think we have something in common..."

Edited by CryForNoOne
  • Like 3