LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

29 and I feel very behind

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2017, 12:54 PM   #16
Established Member

You want to learn how to loosen up? Take salsa dance lessons. Dancing will get you laid.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 1:47 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryForNoOne View Post
Haha. My experience was totally different. I'm going to guess you're white female. Cambridge and all the college towns are pretty diverse, but it gets pretty bad once you leave Boston proper if you ain't Irish-Italian and/or Catholic...
You guessed right - I'm a white female indeed, although pretty obviously foreigner (I moved here in my late 20s). I've never noticed people discriminating here but I guess I haven't been exposed indeed to communities outside of Boston proper..
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 1:51 PM   #18
Established Member

Oh yes. I'd rather be shoveling snow in the winter, hiding inside all summer because of the humidity and mosquitoes, and saying 'get out of my way a$$h0l3' to everyone who says hi to me..."

Ok, now I'm too curious - where have you encountered that? In the past 5+ years of being here I've encountered (mainly) nice people, 1 cold winter (2015 winter - snow was epic), and great summers

I am asking because I just wonder if it really gets so bad if you move few miles away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryForNoOne View Post
Sadly I have to agree with you. I lived all over and Boston was one of the most miserable cities I ever lived in. Once you get away from the college areas, it's very cynical and depressing there. They call it "Yankee Frugality". Basically you're supposed to be in a $h!tty mood all the time because the weather always sux and everyone is really rude. If you smile there is something wrong with you. Misery loves company. Right before I left, I can't tell you how many times I heard someone say "Why are you moving to California? There are no seasons and people are fake." I thought "Oh yes. I'd rather be shoveling snow in the winter, hiding inside all summer because of the humidity and mosquitoes, and saying 'get out of my way a$$h0l3' to everyone who says hi to me..."
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 11:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkn1010 View Post
Seriously don't stoop to OLD, bunch of desperatos in that realm, most get off it when in a better place! Go and do things that interest you where you would find like-minded people. Eg, I volunteer as I have an altruistic personality and often connect with people who care about social justice! So have a think about the types of people you connect with and where you might find them.

Also, practice having patience. I'm a similar age and have only had one relationship so you're clearly killing it in comparison
Plus there's something to be said for people who can love their lives solo without needing to jump online and get some sort of validation hit when not in a relationship. There's no rush, everyone has a unique journey and sometime it's just not our time! Being alone will better prepare to be the best version of you for the next time love comes into your life.
Lol, yeah, because everyone that uses OLD is a desperato

OP, don't listen to this poster. If you want to, use OLD in addition to in real life approaches. I live in NYC, and for me, OLD has worked LOTS better than in real life approaches.
newyorker11356 is offline   Reply With Quote