LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Why does he follow so many random women on instagram?


Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2017, 1:24 PM   #16
Established Member
 
simpleNfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Where the snow is better than in Colorado!
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
Some guys are lurkers like looking at women and crap, some have other interests and could care less. Date guys that could care less. You already don't like this about him so why continue to see him? move on.
Yes.

Frankly, I think there is something emotionally up with this guy. Why in the world 'follow' them? So, each time something changes on their profiles he gets an alert? So he continue being the 'creepy' voyeur that he seems to be. I don't find his behavior normal at all.

I would keep a safe distance from anyone who behaves like this.
__________________
...love being a father!
simpleNfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 6:46 PM   #17
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendahke View Post
Probably for the same reason I follow various artists, designers, musicians and writers: because their posts intrigue me and that's it. How they look doesn't matter to me--it's what they're saying or what they're posting that I'm there for. And yes, I do like most of what they post--doesn't mean I want to sleep with them.


Being unable to talk lovey dovey is a huge sign that he's not willing to step that far into anything with you.

This guy is good being your bud--he's not into being your boyfriend because he's not acting like it. One would think if he wanted it to be more, he'd spend way more that once a week in your presence. I think that this relationship means more to you than it does to him.

Him talking about kids and marriage is meaningless when he's not behaving like someone capable of the rigors of relationship.
following famous people or people who have talent is totally different to what he does. These women have no talent not even looks in my opinion, he just follows them for eye candy. obviously when I first noticed how many people he followed I ws storied but since we were friends then I didn't think of itt too much but after he decided to change that and say he liked me etc after tht my expectations changed. now lookig back I would have been happy just hanging out with him without anything kphysocal it's him tht started it all.
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 6:49 PM   #18
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleNfit View Post
Yes.

Frankly, I think there is something emotionally up with this guy. Why in the world 'follow' them? So, each time something changes on their profiles he gets an alert? So he continue being the 'creepy' voyeur that he seems to be. I don't find his behavior normal at all.

I would keep a safe distance from anyone who behaves like this.
basiclly he jst gets to see these women posing away since that's all thyre really good at. its just photos of.themselves. according to some other guy on here it's quite normal for that. but I don't care to look at random pics of the opposite sex ever it's just not me.

me n him started off as.friends and I guess that's why I didn't notice.anything. but it's a bit extreme in his case. Lik I would.accept a few women but hundreds is definitely pushing it
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 6:50 PM   #19
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleNfit View Post
Yes.

Frankly, I think there is something emotionally up with this guy. Why in the world 'follow' them? So, each time something changes on their profiles he gets an alert? So he continue being the 'creepy' voyeur that he seems to be. I don't find his behavior normal at all.

I would keep a safe distance from anyone who behaves like this.
by emotionally do you mean he's mental lol
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 6:53 PM   #20
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle ma Belle View Post
Exactly. If you have a hard time figuring out what you are then so will he. You're either an exclusive couple or not and you only know that by TALKING about it.

Until then he can do what he wants including perving mediocre woman online.

That being said, if you do finally decide to call this a full blown relationship, I would be a bit suspicious by his overprotectiveness of his phone. People who often do this have something to hide however big or small. I will tell you that social media almost always wreaks havoc on relationships. Tread carefully.
but the problem is when he talks to me it's aa if we are going out and that's how he sees me. otherwisd he wouldn't hav made a joke.about how his ex girlfriendc wants to take my place
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 1:26 PM   #21
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
to be honest the way he speaks to me it's as if I am. I can't explain it all here. for example he says he's pretty sure his ex wants to take my place. he said it as a joke but obviously if he didn't see me like that why say she wants to take my place

I cnt b sure if he is or he isn't. if he was I wouldn't be surprised I mean there's plenty to choose from. as ugly as all of them are.

but with regards to me if I stop messaging him he notices and he will make.comments about it such as why dnot I make time for him and why do I stop contacting him all of a sudden
That's not exactly evidence he considers you his girlfriend, OP. It's a fairly weak example, to be honest. He could have said it to try to make you jealous, or make himself seem desirable (in a boneheaded way) Proof of relaitonship status, though? I have to say it's not.

Does he introduce you as his girlfriend to other people? Do you attend family events together? Do you celebrate birthdays or holidays together?
smackie9 likes this.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 2:33 PM   #22
Established Member
 
kendahke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: 38.978447, -77.018515
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
following famous people or people who have talent is totally different to what he does.
No it's not, no matter how much you try to convince yourself of it. Both instances are people who still are strangers. Just because someone has talent or is the public eye doesn't make them a close friend just because they have an account on Instagram. They do/say something that is of enough interest where it elicits a confirmation from others. That's it.

Quote:
These women have no talent not even looks in my opinion, he just follows them for eye candy.
Exactly--and like bellybuttons, everyone's got one.

His opinion is that they have something intriguing enough to weigh in and just like you, he is just as entitled to his opinion as you are; and in his case, his opinion is going to win out because he's going to continue to do what he's doing because he doesn't view you as someone to put that aside for. If he did, that would have happened long before now and this thread wouldn't be here.

Quote:
obviously when I first noticed how many people he followed I ws storied but since we were friends then I didn't think of itt too much but after he decided to change that and say he liked me etc after tht my expectations changed. now lookig back I would have been happy just hanging out with him without anything kphysocal it's him tht started it all.
And it's you who can put a stop to this and find someone else who has grown up past that.

He's not going to change what he is doing because you're mad. All he will do is hide his tracks better to keep the peace. That is "what is"; "what you wished would be" isn't even entering into this as far as he's concerned.
__________________
"People treat you the way they feel about you" ~ Derrick Jaxn

Peace of mind, peace of heart, peace of home--when you have all 3 you've got gold.
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 2:41 PM   #23
Established Member
 
coolheadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
I was perfectly fine being friends he's the one who ruined it. he told me a year ago he liked me and wanted more so I don't know how that amounts to being friends.I never go for someone who isn't into me, simple as.

so you could say we are dating. when we go out he does actually speak to me as his other half. not necessarily lovey dovey things, but I can just tell.

and randomly he wil mention marriage and kids
Well if that's the case what do you want now? Marriage and kids or just keep on doing the same thing daily..
__________________
Age doesn't matter, but Love does matter! Which love it's the magical one "I love you" also I am in love with you" More powerful than anyone age! If you really love that person you are so interested in you would move heavens and mountains to reach them!'
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 7:19 PM   #24
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatInItaly View Post
That's not exactly evidence he considers you his girlfriend, OP. It's a fairly weak example, to be honest. He could have said it to try to make you jealous, or make himself seem desirable (in a boneheaded way) Proof of relaitonship status, though? I have to say it's not.

Does he introduce you as his girlfriend to other people? Do you attend family events together? Do you celebrate birthdays or holidays together?
we lpretty much do evryting together. birthdays holidays yes. maybe you're right maybe he ws trying to make himself seem.desirable. so why does he keep me in his life then? because when I do stop talking to hin he will start messaging me and take it very personally. like last time i stopped messaging him because I wss.mad, he didn't know I was mad I jst said im busy and sent home one word answers. He was making comments like oh now u decide to be busy. now you decide u don't wanna talk to me. comments like thatn the whole time
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 7:20 PM   #25
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolheadal View Post
Well if that's the case what do you want now? Marriage and kids or just keep on doing the same thing daily..
I do want marriage eventually yes
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 7:24 PM   #26
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendahke View Post
No it's not, no matter how much you try to convince yourself of it. Both instances are people who still are strangers. Just because someone has talent or is the public eye doesn't make them a close friend just because they have an account on Instagram. They do/say something that is of enough interest where it elicits a confirmation from others. That's it.



Exactly--and like bellybuttons, everyone's got one.

His opinion is that they have something intriguing enough to weigh in and just like you, he is just as entitled to his opinion as you are; and in his case, his opinion is going to win out because he's going to continue to do what he's doing because he doesn't view you as someone to put that aside for. If he did, that would have happened long before now and this thread wouldn't be here.



And it's you who can put a stop to this and find someone else who has grown up past that.

He's not going to change what he is doing because you're mad. All he will do is hide his tracks better to keep the peace. That is "what is"; "what you wished would be" isn't even entering into this as far as he's concerned.
why does he want me in his life then? As I stated earlier a few times I was.angry at him and didn't speak to him and that's when he seemed to show great.concern.and try to make things better.

he seems.seems to want me in his life at the same time as doing all the other stuff.
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 1:00 AM   #27
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
why does he want me in his life then? As I stated earlier a few times I was.angry at him and didn't speak to him and that's when he seemed to show great.concern.and try to make things better.

he seems.seems to want me in his life at the same time as doing all the other stuff.
Are you sleeping with him? Does he know that you will reply when he wants attention?
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 5:01 AM   #28
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatInItaly View Post
Are you sleeping with him? Does he know that you will reply when he wants attention?
no im not sleeping with him. and I certainly won't be now
I do communicate with him though yes
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 5:04 AM   #29
Established Member
 
coolheadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
I do want marriage eventually yes
Did you tell him this?
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 6:11 AM   #30
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolheadal View Post
Did you tell him this?
when he talks about it even in a lighthearted way I'll go along with it.
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Men who follow lot of women at Instagram? Fruitee General Relationship Discussion 94 5th June 2016 9:40 AM
Why don't men follow back on instagram? Is it a dating site now? alpo Dating 4 3rd March 2016 1:54 PM
my ex-bf got instagram recently, and didnt follow me. kat1012 Coping 0 30th March 2014 2:21 PM
Would it be weird to follow him on Instagram even though we have never spoken? rodawaybecky Dating 0 17th January 2014 3:10 PM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.