LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Why does he follow so many random women on instagram?


Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th November 2017, 9:19 PM   #1
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Why does he follow so many random women on instagram?

I've been seeing this guy for over a year now. We started off as friends. We were friends fr a few years before then until he said he liked me and then things progressed.

We still act like best friends, as in he flirts with me..and is forever taking the mickey out of me in a friendly way. But we don't speak to each other like couples do in thr sense of all the soppy speak. I.e baby I miss you and love you etc etc it's not like that.
We.see each other once a week or once every other week. and in between we do remain in contact. When we see each other everythings good we get on really well and don't argue.

Only yesterday he was joking around about us having kids he ws like make sure you name our kid ...... an then he said it'll be good he will be my security guard for you etc etc. and he's also mentioned marriage randmly aswell.

But one habit of his which really.annoys me is his need.to follow a random woman every other day on. instagram. I can see his followers increase every day and it's usually a woman he doesn't even know. Not even celebrities since that's normal I guess. And not being bigheaded but half these.women are either thr same as me looks wise or worse I honestly.don't see anything special in any of them. Fair enough we all find other people attractive but I wouldn't go an follow hundreds of other guys. in fact if it was the other way around would he really like that. I don't know if im over thinking it or if it really is a cause for concern but I just.don't see the need for it. he will log on to his instagram and his whole home feed will be full of women taking selfies. is it really necessary?
I even showed a friend pictures of these women and about one of them she said "eww shes ugly" but I didn't tell her about him following her. That's what I mean none of them are anythin special yet he's sittin there perving away.

I don't know about anyone else but I would want someone to be so into me that they focus only on me and not have images of hundreds of other women in their minds.

Having said that evrythng else is fine in the.sense that we get on and he will reply.to me straight away if I message and hl arrange when to meet me.next. But yeh it's just the instagram thing which gets me.thinking I suppose and also the fact that he's so overprotective of his phone. even if I innocently say can I look at your pics or your apps or play a game he just flinches and grabs his phone
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 10:41 PM   #2
Established Member
 
Cookiesandough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 4,193
Sounds just like a single guy who can... That's just what some guys like to do I guess. Maybe they're from OLD or something. Perhaps he wants to hide it from you so you don't know he has to resort to that xD

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 9th November 2017 at 10:44 PM..
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 10:47 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
I've been seeing this guy for over a year now. We started off as friends. We were friends fr a few years before then until he said he liked me and then things progressed.

We still act like best friends, as in he flirts with me..and is forever taking the mickey out of me in a friendly way. But we don't speak to each other like couples do in thr sense of all the soppy speak. I.e baby I miss you and love you etc etc it's not like that.
We.see each other once a week or once every other week. and in between we do remain in contact. When we see each other everythings good we get on really well and don't argue.

Only yesterday he was joking around about us having kids he ws like make sure you name our kid ...... an then he said it'll be good he will be my security guard for you etc etc. and he's also mentioned marriage randmly aswell.

But one habit of his which really.annoys me is his need.to follow a random woman every other day on. instagram. I can see his followers increase every day and it's usually a woman he doesn't even know. Not even celebrities since that's normal I guess. And not being bigheaded but half these.women are either thr same as me looks wise or worse I honestly.don't see anything special in any of them. Fair enough we all find other people attractive but I wouldn't go an follow hundreds of other guys. in fact if it was the other way around would he really like that. I don't know if im over thinking it or if it really is a cause for concern but I just.don't see the need for it. he will log on to his instagram and his whole home feed will be full of women taking selfies. is it really necessary?
I even showed a friend pictures of these women and about one of them she said "eww shes ugly" but I didn't tell her about him following her. That's what I mean none of them are anythin special yet he's sittin there perving away.

I don't know about anyone else but I would want someone to be so into me that they focus only on me and not have images of hundreds of other women in their minds.

Having said that evrythng else is fine in the.sense that we get on and he will reply.to me straight away if I message and hl arrange when to meet me.next. But yeh it's just the instagram thing which gets me.thinking I suppose and also the fact that he's so overprotective of his phone. even if I innocently say can I look at your pics or your apps or play a game he just flinches and grabs his phone
Sounds like your just his buddy or best friend an that's about it. If you want more then you have to talk to him and see what's he wants. To be so into you takes time to earn. If he's not really into as more as friends then you have to accept it. Sounds like that's where he's going. Remember he can do whatever he wants. Don't try to control him as you wouldn't like to be controlled for be force to go beyond friendship. You have that with him but you want more. You don't want him to follow other women online. Talk to him if he doesn't see you as anything other than a buddy than that's it!
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 3:54 AM   #4
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolheadal View Post
Sounds like your just his buddy or best friend an that's about it. If you want more then you have to talk to him and see what's he wants. To be so into you takes time to earn. If he's not really into as more as friends then you have to accept it. Sounds like that's where he's going. Remember he can do whatever he wants. Don't try to control him as you wouldn't like to be controlled for be force to go beyond friendship. You have that with him but you want more. You don't want him to follow other women online. Talk to him if he doesn't see you as anything other than a buddy than that's it!
I was perfectly fine being friends he's the one who ruined it. he told me a year ago he liked me and wanted more so I don't know how that amounts to being friends.I never go for someone who isn't into me, simple as.

so you could say we are dating. when we go out he does actually speak to me as his other half. not necessarily lovey dovey things, but I can just tell.

and randomly he wil mention marriage and kids
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 4:25 AM   #5
Established Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 652
You're both single with no kids? How come after a year you only see each other once a week?

It doesn't sound like this relationship has progressed.

Are you exclusive? Does he call you his girlfriend?
kassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 4:36 AM   #6
Member
 
Trip2TheSky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 34
This is a very petty issue to be upset over.

A lot of guys grow up with half naked women posters plastered on their bedroom walls.

His interest in instagram chicks has nothing to do with whether or not he's into you and it's no reason to get jealous.

I understand why you'd be jealous, but gain control over it, because your jealousy is irrarional and unfair to both of you.

Make your intentions with this man clear to him and pay no mind to who he follows on instagram.
Trip2TheSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 4:47 AM   #7
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip2TheSky View Post
This is a very petty issue to be upset over.

A lot of guys grow up with half naked women posters plastered on their bedroom walls.

His interest in instagram chicks has nothing to do with whether or not he's into you and it's no reason to get jealous.

I understand why you'd be jealous, but gain control over it, because your jealousy is irrarional and unfair to both of you.

Make your intentions with this man clear to him and pay no mind to who he follows on instagram.
I don't know if I already said but if it's celebrities it's fine or unattainable instagram models, if it's women who are local and.easy access. to him then I don't understand it. how is it irrational when over the years it's..accumulqted to over a hundred.women? that's normal is itt lol. That's an uncontrollable number. and actually evry guy says oh yeh that's normal but then if the tables were turned.and the.girl they were seeing followed hundreds of attractive.guys would they be cool with ittt. doubt it.

and even though I know I'm attractive and people.even say so all the time and I get people looking at me it stil gives me the thoughts of am I not good enough that he has.to go and.do that
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 4:48 AM   #8
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassy View Post
You're both single with no kids? How come after a year you only see each other once a week?

It doesn't sound like this relationship has progressed.

Are you exclusive? Does he call you his girlfriend?
because I like to keep it that way. well when we see each other it's as if nothings changed
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 5:28 AM   #9
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,877
Because he evidently finds them attractive. It's the behaviour of a young, single dude who likes to look at lots of women.

Are you really okay not being his girlfriend after a year of seeing each other? It doesn't sound like it, based on your description.

Do you know if he's seeing or communicating with any of these women too?
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 5:35 AM   #10
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatInItaly View Post
Because he evidently finds them attractive. It's the behaviour of a young, single dude who likes to look at lots of women.

Are you really okay not being his girlfriend after a year of seeing each other? It doesn't sound like it, based on your description.

Do you know if he's seeing or communicating with any of these women too?
to be honest the way he speaks to me it's as if I am. I can't explain it all here. for example he says he's pretty sure his ex wants to take my place. he said it as a joke but obviously if he didn't see me like that why say she wants to take my place

I cnt b sure if he is or he isn't. if he was I wouldn't be surprised I mean there's plenty to choose from. as ugly as all of them are.

but with regards to me if I stop messaging him he notices and he will make.comments about it such as why dnot I make time for him and why do I stop contacting him all of a sudden
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 5:48 AM   #11
Established Member
 
Cookiesandough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 4,193
Nevermind not being bf/gf after a year...Are you sure you two have been even dating? Have you kissed?
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 6:13 AM   #12
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
Nevermind not being bf/gf after a year...Are you sure you two have been even dating? Have you kissed?
II swear I mentioned that it is physical. we.met two days ago and he was already planning where we would go next. so yeh I would say we are dating
candy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 6:18 AM   #13
Established Member
 
Michelle ma Belle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
Nevermind not being bf/gf after a year...Are you sure you two have been even dating? Have you kissed?
Exactly. If you have a hard time figuring out what you are then so will he. You're either an exclusive couple or not and you only know that by TALKING about it.

Until then he can do what he wants including perving mediocre woman online.

That being said, if you do finally decide to call this a full blown relationship, I would be a bit suspicious by his overprotectiveness of his phone. People who often do this have something to hide however big or small. I will tell you that social media almost always wreaks havoc on relationships. Tread carefully.
__________________
"Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump.
Michelle ma Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 11:32 AM   #14
Established Member
 
kendahke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: 38.978447, -77.018515
Posts: 5,863
Probably for the same reason I follow various artists, designers, musicians and writers: because their posts intrigue me and that's it. How they look doesn't matter to me--it's what they're saying or what they're posting that I'm there for. And yes, I do like most of what they post--doesn't mean I want to sleep with them.
Quote:
he does actually speak to me as his other half. not necessarily lovey dovey things
Being unable to talk lovey dovey is a huge sign that he's not willing to step that far into anything with you.

This guy is good being your bud--he's not into being your boyfriend because he's not acting like it. One would think if he wanted it to be more, he'd spend way more that once a week in your presence. I think that this relationship means more to you than it does to him.

Him talking about kids and marriage is meaningless when he's not behaving like someone capable of the rigors of relationship.
__________________
"People treat you the way they feel about you" ~ Derrick Jaxn

Peace of mind, peace of heart, peace of home--when you have all 3 you've got gold.

Last edited by kendahke; 10th November 2017 at 11:36 AM..
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 12:59 PM   #15
Established Member
 
smackie9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surrey BC Canada
Posts: 11,839
Some guys are lurkers like looking at women and crap, some have other interests and could care less. Date guys that could care less. You already don't like this about him so why continue to see him? move on.
__________________

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Men who follow lot of women at Instagram? Fruitee General Relationship Discussion 94 5th June 2016 9:40 AM
Why don't men follow back on instagram? Is it a dating site now? alpo Dating 4 3rd March 2016 1:54 PM
my ex-bf got instagram recently, and didnt follow me. kat1012 Coping 0 30th March 2014 2:21 PM
Would it be weird to follow him on Instagram even though we have never spoken? rodawaybecky Dating 0 17th January 2014 3:10 PM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 4:44 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.