LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Why Would He Say, "I Want You To Know You Are Turning Heads"?


Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree31Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2017, 6:58 AM   #16
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy123 View Post

I agree with your bottom comment. I just found out odd that if he's attracted / likes me that he would find it amusing to let me know I am turning other guys' heads. If anything, I would think that he has no interest in me.
Are you American? I'm asking because this is a normal compliment men say to women in the US when they think you are dressed nice. You are reading too much into it.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 7:01 AM   #17
Established Member
 
CautiouslyOptimistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
Are you American? I'm asking because this is a normal compliment men say to women in the US when they think you are dressed nice. You are reading too much into it.
I didn't even think maybe she's not American. It could make sense why she's confused .
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 8:22 AM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
I'm not sure why you take it that way, but I don't at all.
Sorry, I guess I am dense. Which way do you take it?

I HAVE heard the term turning heads before. My confusion is that I have never seen a guy use it in THIS way when going out of his way to bring it to my attention a whole week later.
sandy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 8:38 AM   #19
Established Member
 
CautiouslyOptimistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy123 View Post
Sorry, I guess I am dense. Which way do you take it?

I HAVE heard the term turning heads before. My confusion is that I have never seen a guy use it in THIS way when going out of his way to bring it to my attention a whole week later.
I hope I didn't offend you by using the word "dense." I said it with a smile . Some people really are clueless when someone is interested. I think the reason he said it a whole week later is because he was thinking of you during the week because he likes you. AND he may have been like, "Oh man! I should have said XYZ!"

This guys likes you, plain and simple. Just make sure he's not already in a relationship!
sandy123 likes this.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 7:43 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
I hope I didn't offend you by using the word "dense." I said it with a smile . Some people really are clueless when someone is interested. I think the reason he said it a whole week later is because he was thinking of you during the week because he likes you. AND he may have been like, "Oh man! I should have said XYZ!"

This guys likes you, plain and simple. Just make sure he's not already in a relationship!
Thank you. It takes me a long to figure out that a guy likes me unless he is really bold and asks me out within a week or two.
sandy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 9:13 PM   #21
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,366
Sounds as if he's flirting with you but possibly not getting any feedback from you so holding off on asking you out until he gets some vibes from you that you'd be interested in going out with him. Why don't you try flirting back with him since you're interested?
LivingWaterPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 9:54 PM   #22
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 494
He likes you but he's being cautious because of the work situation. Give him the go signal and report back some good news instead of all the downer threads that litter this site.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 9:26 AM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingWaterPlease View Post
Sounds as if he's flirting with you but possibly not getting any feedback from you so holding off on asking you out until he gets some vibes from you that you'd be interested in going out with him. Why don't you try flirting back with him since you're interested?
@LivingWaterPlease

I guess he mentioned me "turning heads" to say in a roundabout way that I am attractive? He's never commented on my looks, and even this comment was about OTHER guys finding me attractive.

It was an unexpected comment, and I am kind of shy, so I really had no response but to acknowledge that the guys were hitting on me. Then, I quickly changed the subject before leaving.

I'm not the type to reply, "Well, do I turn *your* head?"
sandy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 10:20 AM   #24
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,274
What he said to you didn't require a response.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 10:07 PM   #25
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy123 View Post
@LivingWaterPlease

I guess he mentioned me "turning heads" to say in a roundabout way that I am attractive? He's never commented on my looks, and even this comment was about OTHER guys finding me attractive.

It was an unexpected comment, and I am kind of shy, so I really had no response but to acknowledge that the guys were hitting on me. Then, I quickly changed the subject before leaving.

I'm not the type to reply, "Well, do I turn *your* head?"
I think he was testing the waters to see how you responded to him when he said you were turning heads. He took the conversation into the realm of male/female attraction to see what your reaction would be. It was a flirtatious comment from him, not the other guys. Don't know what your workplace is like but possibly he doesn't want to say anything blatant for concern about venturing into the realm of what could be construed as sexual harassment.

Saying, "Well, do I turn "your" head?" would seem more awkward to me that flirtatious. In your place if both of you are single and you're interested in him I would have looked him in the eye (turned my head, not body, toward him as the two of you were walking) with a smile and a twinkle in my eye, kind of with a look that you have something you're thinking about but not going to say. He probably would have grinned real big and that would have been a moment of emotional connection.

But, you didn't blow it by not saying anything. Just remember when he flirts you don't have to say a word if you can't think of anything appropriate. Just smile as if you're thinking of a secret. Get playful. If you don't know how, don't worry about it, practice with him. Most of us had to learn at one time or another.

When he texts you with something such as about looking good in the red dress you can send him a smiley face right back. A smile is always appropriate and it tells him he hasn't stepped over the line or offended you. But, remember, if you smile at him in person (rather than sending the smiling emoji) try to look him in the eyes at the same time you're smiling.
sandy123 likes this.
LivingWaterPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 9:06 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 27
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingWaterPlease View Post
I think he was testing the waters to see how you responded to him when he said you were turning heads. He took the conversation into the realm of male/female attraction to see what your reaction would be. It was a flirtatious comment from him, not the other guys. Don't know what your workplace is like but possibly he doesn't want to say anything blatant for concern about venturing into the realm of what could be construed as sexual harassment.

Saying, "Well, do I turn "your" head?" would seem more awkward to me that flirtatious. In your place if both of you are single and you're interested in him I would have looked him in the eye (turned my head, not body, toward him as the two of you were walking) with a smile and a twinkle in my eye, kind of with a look that you have something you're thinking about but not going to say. He probably would have grinned real big and that would have been a moment of emotional connection.

But, you didn't blow it by not saying anything. Just remember when he flirts you don't have to say a word if you can't think of anything appropriate. Just smile as if you're thinking of a secret. Get playful. If you don't know how, don't worry about it, practice with him. Most of us had to learn at one time or another.

When he texts you with something such as about looking good in the red dress you can send him a smiley face right back. A smile is always appropriate and it tells him he hasn't stepped over the line or offended you. But, remember, if you smile at him in person (rather than sending the smiling emoji) try to look him in the eyes at the same time you're smiling.
@LivingWaterPlease

Thank you so much for your advice.
sandy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 9:16 PM   #27
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy123 View Post
@LivingWaterPlease

Thank you so much for your advice.
Ohhhh, sandy123! It's going to work out!
LivingWaterPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Revenge: messing with our heads... "fa life". surferchic Coping 7 25th April 2016 2:30 AM
27yr woman, 46yr man, 5 year "relationship" now turning into more possibly- WeldedFlower General Relationship Discussion 0 8th July 2013 11:01 PM
"Frat boy" "Jock" "Sports dude" "Players" "Dark Triad" "Cool" its a lifestyle Dating 14 26th February 2013 7:10 PM
Turning "best friend" into "girlfriend"? Raderick Friends and Lovers 10 10th June 2010 9:46 PM
They call me the "Fireman" Heads up LJ Gunny376 Separation and Divorce 1 31st August 2007 8:00 AM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 5:34 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.