LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Why Would He Say, "I Want You To Know You Are Turning Heads"?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th November 2017, 9:04 PM   #1

Question Why Would He Say, "I Want You To Know You Are Turning Heads"?

Hi, everyone,

I joined a civic organization earlier this year. One of the leaders took me under his wing to show me the ropes. I considered him a mentor. He's in his mid-40s, and I'm in my early 30s.

After several months, I started noticing him staring at me when he did not think I was looking, but I did not think anything about it, even though I felt an awkward vibe between us. It was odd, but I could not identify the reason for the vibe.

Then, his smiles and "puppy dog eyes" started, and the light bulb finally went off in my head. I caught him slyly checking me out a few times, too. We continued working on projects together, but he never made a move. He kept it professional, and I went with the flow. After 6 months, I figured that he just had a slight crush that subsided. It happens.

HOWEVER, he's made several comments over the last few weeks that make me wonder if he is over the crush.

1. Our organization had a charity event a few weeks ago, and I mentioned that I probably would have to wear a red dress, even though red is not my color. He texted, "WILL LOOK GOOD ON YOU". Yes, he wrote in all caps, even though the rest of his text was in lowercase.

I chalked it up to him just being nice.

2. There are around 6 of us working as a team on an upcoming holiday event. He and I met separately last weekend to focus on a key component. His regular job is pretty time consuming. We met at a cafe, and his colleague kept calling him about a problem. I told him that it was no big deal; he could focus on his job, and I could push our session back to another day.

He replied, "No. Our meetings together are the most enjoyable part of my week. It's what I like best." He was looking at his laptop when he said it, and he immediately started talking about our project. I did not have a chance to respond.

3. Now, THIS is what I find odd, and I am confused. We had a club meeting a week ago. I pulled up first and walked towards the building's entrance. Two guys were exiting, and they started flirting with me. I smiled and continued on my way. He pulled up only a minute or two later than me because he passed the guys after I went it.

This week, we had another meeting. After the meeting, we walked to our cars together. Suddenly, he started smiling and said, "I Want You To Know You Are Turning Heads". I was so confused. He explained that he had seen the guys checking me out and said that it was a compliment. He was smiling big when he said it. He had reminded himself all week to tell me. He looked amused and...proud?

I find it odd that if he has a crush on me that he would think it's cute that guys are hitting on me and that I am turning heads. Maybe I had been misinterpreting his intentions all this time.

What is the purpose of him wanting me to know that those guys had been checking me out? They were random strangers, so most likely I will never see them again.

What do you think?
sandy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 9:21 PM   #2
Established Member

He's a clumsy flirt. Are you interested in him or do you want advice on how to shut down his comments?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 9:27 PM   #3
Established Member

I think this clown has the hots for you BIG TIME but he doesn't have the balls to ask you out.
Old 9th November 2017, 9:28 PM   #4
Established Member

Perhaps he was paying you a compliment because he finds you to be very attractive. I think if he were interested in more he has had plenty opportunity to escalate by now. He doesn't seem shy. He seems pretty bold, in fact, to say that.
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 9:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
He's a clumsy flirt. Are you interested in him or do you want advice on how to shut down his comments?
Not sure...I really don't like mixed signals.
Old 9th November 2017, 9:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
Perhaps he was paying you a compliment because he finds you to be very attractive. I think if he were interested in more he has had plenty opportunity to escalate by now. He doesn't seem shy. He seems pretty bold, in fact, to say that.
Was it bold, or was it just teasing an associate / friend? He did not say I turned his head or that he finds me attractive. He was teasing me about those guys checking me out.
Old 9th November 2017, 9:57 PM   #7
Established Member

"I want you to know you are turning heads" seems bold to me. same with the "would look good on you" I can't see e a shy guy going in like that??
Do you know for certain he is single/

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 9th November 2017 at 10:39 PM..
Old 9th November 2017, 10:44 PM   #8
Established Member

If he made a move would you be excited or not? Are you attracted to him? Would you want to date him?

He sounds like he likes you and is trying very hard to let you know without crossing professional boundaries in case you don't feel the same but isn't getting any indication from you if you are keen
kassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 10:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy123 View Post
Was it bold, or was it just teasing an associate / friend? He did not say I turned his head or that he finds me attractive. He was teasing me about those guys checking me out.
Doesn't sound like your so into him. He's just being nice too you with compliments. I do that at work with the female managers. I'll say you look your best with you hair down than up. My, my, my you are looking great, staying so young looking. You'll never grown old with those looks and smile. He's doing the same thing with you without hitting on you. Turning heads your making the wave (moving on, making people notice you). Sounds like he's just a great co-worker and that's about it. If you want to take it to the next level he would have to agree.
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 6:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
"I want you to know you are turning heads" seems bold to me. same with the "would look good on you" I can't see e a shy guy going in like that??
Do you know for certain he is single/
He's divorced, but I do not know for certain whether he is in a relationship; he's never mentioned one, but that does not mean anything.
Old 10th November 2017, 6:28 AM   #11
Established Member

I say there's no harm in a little flirt back with him to give him some encouragement if you are interested. Who knows, maybe he is nervous
Old 10th November 2017, 6:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassy View Post
If he made a move would you be excited or not? Are you attracted to him? Would you want to date him?

He sounds like he likes you and is trying very hard to let you know without crossing professional boundaries in case you don't feel the same but isn't getting any indication from you if you are keen
I am taking a break from dating and relationships right now. Yes, I do find him attractive. I am new to the club and want to avoid any drama.

I agree with your bottom comment. I just found out odd that if he's attracted / likes me that he would find it amusing to let me know I am turning other guys' heads. If anything, I would think that he has no interest in me.
Old 10th November 2017, 6:32 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolheadal View Post
Doesn't sound like your so into him. He's just being nice too you with compliments. I do that at work with the female managers. I'll say you look your best with you hair down than up. My, my, my you are looking great, staying so young looking. You'll never grown old with those looks and smile. He's doing the same thing with you without hitting on you. Turning heads your making the wave (moving on, making people notice you). Sounds like he's just a great co-worker and that's about it. If you want to take it to the next level he would have to agree.
The difference between you and him is that earlier this year, I caught him checking me out several times and the puppy dog eyes several times. I have been out of the game for a lil bit, but I noticed. I pretended like I did not notice, though.

The looks stopped, so I just assumed that he lost interest and moved on. It's why his comments over the last few weeks have surprised me.
Old 10th November 2017, 6:41 AM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Not sure...I really don't like mixed signals.
Um, these are not at all mixed signals. It's like a freaking fog horn. Are you dense?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 6:42 AM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
I am taking a break from dating and relationships right now. Yes, I do find him attractive. I am new to the club and want to avoid any drama.

I agree with your bottom comment. I just found out odd that if he's attracted / likes me that he would find it amusing to let me know I am turning other guys' heads. If anything, I would think that he has no interest in me.
I'm not sure why you take it that way, but I don't at all.
basil67 likes this.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote