No confirmation on a date planned far in advance

ExposedBrick

I chatted with this chick from OLD the night before she was going out of town. We exchanged numbers and set a date for 12 days out, which is now this upcoming Friday. I texted her yesterday(Weds) to confirm but haven't heard back from her. How long should I wait before making other plans? Should I text her again at the 24 hour mark?

• Author
Have you otherwise been in touch in the interim?

No, we haven't met actually. I don't really text people outside of logistics once the first date is set up.

After your first text to confirm, no response, plan something else. I've had this happen once and I did the same thing, after her 'vacation' I texted and emailed through the OLD site and no response. Waited a day or two and then planned something else. Clearly not interested in actually meeting despite earlier communication to the contrary. It happens. She may have discovered something new during the time she was away and now.

• Like 2

For some women the lack of contact makes them go cold and question if you're really into them. For me, a date is a date (tho I wouldn't likely plan a first meet that far out).

If she's the type who needs that continued contact I don't see that another text at the 24hr mark will help any. Don't see it hurting either except with an eye towards making other plans

For some women the lack of contact makes them go cold and question if you're really into them. For me, a date is a date (tho I wouldn't likely plan a first meet that far out).

I believe this is true. I did the same thing with the my earlier post lady. But, I was also trying to respect her time, vacation time, and not intrude. Maybe she thought I wasn't as interested. Hmmm...

• Author
I believe this is true. I did the same thing with the my earlier post lady. But, I was also trying to respect her time, vacation time, and not intrude. Maybe she thought I wasn't as interested. Hmmm...

Personally, I don't like to chat much via text until after meeting for the first time. It seems really pointless and I also feel many people are on that page.

Edited by ExposedBrick
Personally, I don't like to chat much VB is text until after meeting for the first time. It seems really pointless and I also feel many people are on that page.

I hear you. But, you had already started communicating with her. So, texting wouldn't be a stretch, right? I'm with you, but just saying. What was the point of exchanging phone numbers prior to her leaving? Isn't there a presumption of or unsolicited expectation of communication by giving her your number on the first day of communication? What if she had contacted you during? Would you have responded? Just some questions to think about. I am....:p

Personally, I don't like to chat much via text until after meeting for the first time. It seems really pointless and I also feel many people are on that page.

I think normally this is a fine approach, but 12 days is a long time to go without any contact. You've lost momentum. It personally wouldn't bother me, but I think it bothers most women, based on the posts I see on this site!

If you haven't heard back within 24 hours, I'd consider there to be no date.

• Like 2

Everyone text now it's the norm. But she might of forgotten about going out with you. Why don't you call her and leave a voice message instead of the text. She might have other plans your not in the loop of things. Send a text every 1 hr until she replies.. If nothing happens then no date then.

I chatted with this chick from OLD the night before she was going out of town. We exchanged numbers and set a date for 12 days out, which is now this upcoming Friday. I texted her yesterday(Weds) to confirm but haven't heard back from her. How long should I wait before making other plans? Should I text her again at the 24 hour mark?

Met my last ex online and we talked once for about an hour before she had to go on a planned vacation out of the country for 2 weeks. She asked me to get in Viber so we could keep in contact if I wanted. Did that and we went back and forth quite a bit and she would send pictures as well. As soon as she got back we met up within the week and dated for a while. We both showed the interest and didn't over do the texting while she was gone, but had nothing happened for the 2 weeks, I may have lost interest or even might have gone out with another woman or 2 in that time span and started dating someone else.

normal person
Everyone text now it's the norm. But she might of forgotten about going out with you. Why don't you call her and leave a voice message instead of the text.

If she forgot about the date, how is altering the method of contact going to change anything? And if she doesn't respond to a text, what makes you think she'll respond to a voicemail? He might as well send a message via carrier pigeon.

She might have other plans your not in the loop of things. Send a text every 1 hr until she replies.. If nothing happens then no date then.

Sending a text every hour to someone you've never met before is a great way to make sure they assume you're a stalker and block your number.

OP, you texted her, the ball's in her court now. If she doesn't respond in a reasonable time frame beforehand, go do something else. If she does get in touch, you have a perfectly good excuse as to why you can't make it (she didn't respond). If she doesn't, you don't make yourself look crazy or desperate and she might actually text you back at some point in the future if it was an honest mix up.

Cookiesandough

Start making new plans as soon as a better one presents itself. Which should be just about anything at this point. Why bother with someone like this. And definitely do not text again. She has seen your text. She's deliberately ignoring it.