LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Girlfriend naked art class?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree80Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2017, 4:56 PM   #1

Girlfriend naked art class?

Hi,

My girlfriend has just said she's going to a life drawing class with friends for a hen party to draw a naked man.

This obviously makes me uncomfortable and I think it's inappropriate.

Is it? Should she be going?
Old 7th November 2017, 5:09 PM   #2
Established Member

What is appropriate is up to individuals.

Me? I wouldn't have a problem with it - just like I wouldn't mind my husband going to a stag party with strippers - while some women freak out over that.
basil67 and KBob like this.
Old 7th November 2017, 5:10 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSadSouls View Post
Hi,

My girlfriend has just said she's going to a life drawing class with friends for a hen party to draw a naked man.

What makes you uncomfortable? Scared naked dude looks better than you?
Old 7th November 2017, 5:44 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Hi,

Not the kind of girl I would be into, but I'm also not into going to strip clubs and tend to be more on the conservative side.

But this is why you date people to find out about their character. If it bothers you, but not her, that could be a sign of other areas of incompatibility.
Old 7th November 2017, 7:34 PM   #5
Established Member

I have been to several life drawing classes and have been a nude model before, I don't think there is anything inappropriate about it. Then again I am a naturist and am used to being naked and being around naked people.
Most people who are like me (a naturist) tend to no longer see the naked body as sexualised, but just as the vessel we are journeying in. In fact we tend to shun people who do sexualise the naked form.
Old 7th November 2017, 7:45 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs rubble View Post
I have been to several life drawing classes and have been a nude model before, I don't think there is anything inappropriate about it. Then again I am a naturist and am used to being naked and being around naked people.
Most people who are like me (a naturist) tend to no longer see the naked body as sexualised, but just as the vessel we are journeying in. In fact we tend to shun people who do sexualise the naked form.

How does this view translate into being able to achieve sexual arousal? I'm curious. Does sexual arousal have nothing at all to do with visual stimulation? Even for the man?
Old 7th November 2017, 8:02 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
How does this view translate into being able to achieve sexual arousal? I'm curious. Does sexual arousal have nothing at all to do with visual stimulation? Even for the man?
I can't speak for the men, but I can tell you I have never seen any of my naturist male friends in a state of arousal around me (and other naked women).
To me sex is intimate, when we are just wandering around, swimming, gardening, working in the nude we are not intimate we are just undressed, I need an intimate connection to be aroused, deeply looking into another's eyes, physical contact, kissing etc.
Old 8th November 2017, 10:58 AM   #8
Established Member

I find it mind boggling that naked human (for the purpose of art) can be considered a sexual treat. The natural state of human body is naked, sexualizing nudity is in art context makes zero sense to me.

Quote:
Hi,

Old 8th November 2017, 11:07 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Go View Post
I find it mind boggling that naked human (for the purpose of art) can be considered a sexual treat.
But this is not for the purposes of art. It's a hen party. I'm sure there will be alcohol and lots of giggling, and I'm sure the "art class" organisers are involved with that, and run the "art class" as more of a hen party activity than actual artistic purposes. I would say it's very comparable to a stripper at a stag party.
Old 8th November 2017, 11:12 AM   #10
Established Member

You two have to talk about it. You can't forbid her from going & you have to figure out if this is a line in the sand you really want to take -- as in if she goes you will dump her. If that is the case, make your stance clear to her but be prepared for the consequences.

I agree that this is less G rated than a standard art class. If this was for a grade or something I'll immediately tell you that you are being ridiculous. It is probably more akin to a stripper type situation but I doubt the model will be expecting to be a play thing.

Talk to your GF. Be truthful about your concerns & insecurities. See if together you can come up with a compromise.
TunaCat and basil67 like this.
Old 8th November 2017, 11:13 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegNosePete View Post
But this is not for the purposes of art. It's a hen party. I'm sure there will be alcohol and lots of giggling, and I'm sure the "art class" organisers are involved with that, and run the "art class" as more of a hen party activity than actual artistic purposes. I would say it's very comparable to a stripper at a stag party.
Oh ok, I assumed it is a legit art class where OP's gf is going with her friends. I've been to some of that kind and giggling, photographing, or any interaction with the model was strictly prohibited.

Now, if it is a stripper equivalent and involves alcohol - blah, quite distasteful. I'd still not be 'jealous' if I was in OP's shoes, but I'd probably lose respect for the gf that enjoys something so immature as 'entertainment'.
Old 8th November 2017, 12:02 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Hi,

Where exactly is the class taking place? At someone's house? At a school? At a bar? Is there an instructor or is this just her friends cooking up this idea? You are leaving out way too much pertinent information for us to give you an informed answer. Stop spinning us and just be on the level with this.

Quote:

Is it?
It is to you, but it's apparently not to your fiancee.

Quote:
Should she be going?
Are you her dad?

Do you think she's going to forget she's with you and have sex with the guy in front of her friends?

Does she act a fool when she drinks and does things that embarrasses everyone in a 5 mile radius?

Is that the kind of person she is anyway? If so, then you need to call off the wedding because you're marrying the wrong person for most likely the wrong reasons.

Peace of mind, peace of heart, peace of home--when you have all 3 you've got gold.
Old 8th November 2017, 12:25 PM   #13

This one is easy

I think it is your insecurity that is the problem. If she sees a guy nude so what? It's just a body and generally i think she will be busy drawing and laughing with her friends. Maybe she gets a pic with the guy, no harm in that. If she is the cheating kind it will probably happen either way therefore if you trust her and she seems honest you've got nothing to worry about if you don't you need to reconcile that
Old 8th November 2017, 12:35 PM   #14
Established Member

I'm not sure what the problem is here.

If it's a formal class with a legit art teacher like they offer up in continued learning programs at many schools and community centers around the country, I'm not sure what the problem is. It's not like they are allowed to touch the nude model for heaven's sake, even if they've been drinking before hand. These types of classes do have rules and codes of conduct after all.

My education was in art and I have participated many classes where the subject was a nude model, male or female. There is nothing seedy about it.

What exactly makes you uncomfortable? The fact that she's seeing another man's penis? Because if that's the case, I'm pretty sure your penis isn't her first. Besides, if someone is going to behave inappropriately, they will always find a way to be inappropriate. You either trust your girlfriend or not.

I think you need to relax.
Old 8th November 2017, 12:48 PM   #15
Established Member

I have to say this....get over it...it's just an art class. I majored in art in college, and drawing class had nude women and guys. There were no erect penises to be seen.

TBH there is nothing sexual about it. She's an adult, I'm sure she will be handling herself appropriately. let her enjoy her night out....it sounds fun.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
Closed Thread