Met a girl at a party, but now she’s going to be out of town

ExposedBrick

I met an interesting girl at a friend of a friend’s party last week. She was cute and we danced and chatted for a while at the party. I got her number and texted her the next day. On the second text, I asked her out for a date but she said she was probably going to be out of town over the weekend. We exchanged a couple more texts but now I don’t know what to do. She didn’t suggest another day, but did respond to further texts. I still don’t really know her at all so I feel awkward if I continue to text her about random ****.

What should I do? Should I continue to text her? Give it a couple days then check in again? I always struggle to convert IRL connections into dates so any advice is appreciated.

• Like 1

CALL you should CALL her! Yes texting is the major form of communication these days, but women still appreciate a phone call. Texting is short and impersonal. Calling shows you’re willing to spend more than 30 seconds communicating with her.

• Like 1

She might not be interested if she didn't suggest another day. But if you're reasonably sure she's interested, ask her for a date when she comes back.

• Author
She might not be interested if she didn't suggest another day. But if you're reasonably sure she's interested, ask her for a date when she comes back.

It’s confusing as she said she MIGHT go out of town but would confirm with me. It was written in a confusing way. I asked her about where and why, which she did reply to, but then I didn’t know what to say. Kind of a head scratcher. Just don’t know what to do next...

• Like 1
  • Author
CALL you should CALL her! Yes texting is the major form of communication these days, but women still appreciate a phone call. Texting is short and impersonal. Calling shows you’re willing to spend more than 30 seconds communicating with her.

This varies by person to person and age, younger folks don’t talk on the phone at all.

Give it some time then reach out again & ask her how her weekend out of town was. See if she responds. Then ask if you can call her. On the phone re-ask for the date. It's harder to turn somebody down via voice then it is text.

• Like 1

I don't see anything wrong with asking her out for Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday next week, since she will be out of town over the weekend. I think you should just send her a text and ask "How about dinner early next week?" or something along those lines.

If she doesn't want to go out with you, she doesn't want to go out with you, so better to find out sooner than to waste your time.

• Author
Give it some time then reach out again & ask her how her weekend out of town was. See if she responds. Then ask if you can call her. On the phone re-ask for the date. It's harder to turn somebody down via voice then it is text.

Do you think I should wait until next week to reach out again? It’s certainly possible she might let me know whether she is going out of town for sure.

Honestly, I don’t care that much, I have an assortment of OLD options but I’m trying to cultivate a better IRL game plan since I spend a good amount of time socializing and meeting someone in person has a ton of advantages. I already made other plans for Saturday anyway.

• Author
I don't see anything wrong with asking her out for Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday next week, since she will be out of town over the weekend. I think you should just send her a text and ask "How about dinner early next week?" or something along those lines.

If she doesn't want to go out with you, she doesn't want to go out with you, so better to find out sooner than to waste your time.

That was my thought, which is why I just tried to be direct. I’m not sure why some ladies have such difficulty with it.