Met an amazing girl at the bar, but I can't remember much

avoforastig

I met a really cool girl at this bar/dance club last night. We talked and danced for over an hour. She gave me her number. I texted her this afternoon, and she actually responded, which doesn't seem to happen often when I meet girls when I'm drunk. I do remember she was really attractive, friendly, and had a bit of an accent. I can't remember what she does for a living, where she lives in the metro area, or any other details really.

Its a bit tricky as I don't want to seem like I wasn't paying attention, I was just trashed and it was noisy.

I was just going to ask her out to dinner and see what happens? What do you guys think?

You were talking for the best part of an hour - even when sober I doubt you'd be expected to remember every single detail of the conversation. If you meet her again just say you remember she said something about (e.g. work) but forgot what it was she actually did. Or say it was noisy and you missed the details.

Or she might have noticed you were trashed but thought you were cool anyway and will forgive you for forgetting details easily. Who knows - there's only one way to find out.

how 'bout you just ask her out for coffee instead?

I agree with this idea.

You might get there and realize your memory doesn't match reality. A coffee is a much more casual and relaxed way to re-meet her.

Coffee is an OLD first meet, not a date. It would feel like a downgrade. If you are unwilling to commit to the time & expense of dinner, ask her for a drink but you don't drink too much this time so you can remember.

• Like 2

Take her to dinner. Sure down, flash a big smile and say "hi, I'm avoforstig, I'd really like to get to know you. Let's start over now that it isn't do loud. Tell me about yourself."

• Like 1
Coffee is an OLD first meet, not a date. It would feel like a downgrade.

I would say coffee is an upgrade from a drunken swagger in a nightclub.

Also enables you to check your beer goggles without too much commitment.

• Like 2

I forget people's names within the first few minutes of meeting them sober :lmao: so don't worry about it.

Go on a date...drinks, dinner, whatever and just pick up from there. If things are going well you can always joke about the fact you had a great night but can't remember everything she told you. Just see how the vibe is and play along.

• Author
I forget people's names within the first few minutes of meeting them sober :lmao: so don't worry about it.

Go on a date...drinks, dinner, whatever and just pick up from there. If things are going well you can always joke about the fact you had a great night but can't remember everything she told you. Just see how the vibe is and play along.

I’m not sure how to manage this situation. I sent her a flirty text referencing the night before. She replied back. I then asked her to dinner Saturday since my scheduled is loaded with social commitments this week and that was the first day I was available. She said she might be going out of town for the weekend but would confirm later in the week. We exchanged a couple more texts. Now, I’m not sure what to make of it.

Usually, women who are totally uninterested just don’t reply ever. Others, vaguely say they are busy. There seems to be some level of interest but not sure what do now. I always feel awkward about continuing to text someone I just met, but I also don’t want to lose momentum. Any suggestions? Should I just lay low for a couple days? Continue texting? Touch base in a few days?

I’m not sure how to manage this situation. I sent her a flirty text referencing the night before. She replied back. I then asked her to dinner Saturday since my scheduled is loaded with social commitments this week and that was the first day I was available. She said she might be going out of town for the weekend but would confirm later in the week. We exchanged a couple more texts. Now, I’m not sure what to make of it.

Usually, women who are totally uninterested just don’t reply ever. Others, vaguely say they are busy. There seems to be some level of interest but not sure what do now. I always feel awkward about continuing to text someone I just met, but I also don’t want to lose momentum. Any suggestions? Should I just lay low for a couple days? Continue texting? Touch base in a few days?

Yea sounds like she's unsure herself and wants to see how she feels closer to the time. She could genuinely be making plans to go away but I've heard this excuse before and used it myself.

Touch base in a few days, maybe Thursday and she how she responds. If she's genuinely going away but is interested then the onus should be on her to propose another day e.g. 'going away this weekend but how about one night next week?'

If she just says she's going away but offers no alternative then I'd start to write her off...just say ok have a nice time and leave it at that. She'll get in touch if she's interested.

I get what you're saying about the momentum thing...I've been trying to see this girl who is just constantly busy with social engagements. Been on 2 dates but honestly feels like there is no momentum so I've given up and left the ball in her court. Plenty of others out there.