Should I Ask/How to ask her to visit?

Bobbyb82

I've known this girl for around eight years. She briefly dated a friend of mine, but I only met her a few times. We randomly liked each others status' over the years, but no other contact. Earlier this year she replied to a story i had put up on snapchat, and a conversation started. She stated that she had seen where I was in her city the previous month, and the next time I was out there I had better let her know. We had a couple of times over the summer where we were going to meet when I was out there, but I didn't make the trip and it fell through.

I asked for her phone number and made actual plans to meet up when I was out there a couple of weeks ago. The first time we met was great, conversation was good, and it was obvious that she didn't want to go home. She had to work the next morning, but stayed out til after 3am. She asked if we could make plans for two days later, and we did. We had fun then, but it was shorter ended around 10pm as the work week was starting. She initiated texting after I got home, which is not normal....As we didn't just "text" before. She has been flirty/teasing in snaps and text this past week. I try to not over text, I know that happens, and it's at least a 1:1 text ratio. I guess what I'm looking for is opinions.

Is there any reason other than the fact that she is "somewhat" interested to be texting me and snapping? I guess it's possible for attention, but she's a good looking girl, and I doubt she has trouble with that. She did tell me that she can't seem to find anybody in her city, yada yada ....

The other thing I'd like to know, if I wanted her to come visit me, I'm a 4 hour drive away, is that too forward/much? And if not how should I go about it? I'd like to not beat around the bush, but also realize that if there was mutual interest we'd need time to see each other instead of just text buddies... Thanks for reading this long winded message.

P.S. my friend broke up with her, it's been 8 years, he doesn't care.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Why don't you suggest a meet up halfway?

4 hours is quite a trek and an 8 hour round trip.

Share the responsibility for that with her.

• Like 1

You can ask but what does that ask look like?

You had other reasons to be by her. You probably had a hotel & a food budget. Are you sure she can afford those things in your city or are you asking her to stay with you, which is a bit too forward at this point.

I'd make a plan for you to go there for a weekend so you two can spend more time together, perhaps officially on a date. Then talk about if she has any interest or reason to be by you.

• Like 1
  • Author

Halfway meetup really wouldn't work. There really isn't much to do between here and there, but thanks for the thought.

• Author
You can ask but what does that ask look like?

You had other reasons to be by her. You probably had a hotel & a food budget. Are you sure she can afford those things in your city or are you asking her to stay with you, which is a bit too forward at this point.

I'd make a plan for you to go there for a weekend so you two can spend more time together, perhaps officially on a date. Then talk about if she has any interest or reason to be by you.

I was thinking it might be too forward. It may just not be practical to proceed because of the distance, but I might go to her one more time just to see. I'd like to bring her here, just because it would be easier to lead, because I'm not as familiar with her city.

Halfway meetup really wouldn't work. There really isn't much to do between here and there, but thanks for the thought.

So, why don't you go to her?

• Like 1
I've known this girl for around eight years. She briefly dated a friend of mine, but I only met her a few times. We randomly liked each others status' over the years, but no other contact. Earlier this year she replied to a story i had put up on snapchat, and a conversation started. She stated that she had seen where I was in her city the previous month, and the next time I was out there I had better let her know. We had a couple of times over the summer where we were going to meet when I was out there, but I didn't make the trip and it fell through.

I asked for her phone number and made actual plans to meet up when I was out there a couple of weeks ago. The first time we met was great, conversation was good, and it was obvious that she didn't want to go home. She had to work the next morning, but stayed out til after 3am. She asked if we could make plans for two days later, and we did. We had fun then, but it was shorter ended around 10pm as the work week was starting. She initiated texting after I got home, which is not normal....As we didn't just "text" before. She has been flirty/teasing in snaps and text this past week. I try to not over text, I know that happens, and it's at least a 1:1 text ratio. I guess what I'm looking for is opinions.

Is there any reason other than the fact that she is "somewhat" interested to be texting me and snapping? I guess it's possible for attention, but she's a good looking girl, and I doubt she has trouble with that. She did tell me that she can't seem to find anybody in her city, yada yada ....

The other thing I'd like to know, if I wanted her to come visit me, I'm a 4 hour drive away, is that too forward/much? And if not how should I go about it? I'd like to not beat around the bush, but also realize that if there was mutual interest we'd need time to see each other instead of just text buddies... Thanks for reading this long winded message.

P.S. my friend broke up with her, it's been 8 years, he doesn't care.

Lets put this way I did drive 3 to 4 hours for one woman for 10 months. If you really wanted to do this then just drive then. Or you can fly whichever comes cheaper for you in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Author
Lets put this way I did drive 3 to 4 hours for one woman for 10 months. If you really wanted to do this then just drive then. Or you can fly whichever comes cheaper for you in the long run.

I think that's what I'm going to do now. I'm going to try and get something set up for after Thanksgiving.