When a guy says...

kangaroo

I'd assume it means that he will date others, if you do first, but he's loyal to you otherwise.

Ask him what it means, though. It never hurts to ask.

• Like 3

It means that he's telling you he's not a Lothario. It might be true because those are some pretty clueless things to say or it might be a come on.

Either way:

I'm not seeing anyone unless you are -- means that he's only dating you & not multi-dating but if you are multi-dating, he's going to seek out others to date.

I'm not the best at dating or anything that's why I'm single -- means he understands that he has trouble maintaining an LTR but he has no idea why. Other than allegedly being "bad at dating" he's also not taking any responsibility for his role in past failed relationships nor is he self aware enough to have figured out what he has to change in order to be more successful partner.

• Like 2
  • Author
I'd assume it means that he will date others, if you do first, but he's loyal to you otherwise.

Ask him what it means, though. It never hurts to ask.

yes, I'm waiting to see him again so I can ask him. I did go back to him and said I wasn't seeing others, happy to just see him, I'm not great at dating either, so maybe we can be rubbish at it together.

He said that won't be hard to do.

• Like 1
When a guy says "I'm not seeing anyone else unless you are. Im not the best at dating or anything thats why I'm single". what does he mean?

it means you should steer clear

I'veseenbetterlol
it means you should steer clear

I agree, the 1st part of the statement is pretty normal, pretty much what my bf said to me when we 1st started seeing each other. The 2nd part would worry me because it more then likely means f he hurts you/does something wrong, he will say "well I told you I wasn't any good at relationships". Be cautious.

When a guy says "I'm not seeing anyone else unless you are. Im not the best at dating or anything thats why I'm single". what does he mean?

1st part - he doesn't feel it's fair if you keep dating others while he doesn't. He's trying to be loyal.

2nd part - probably nerves kicking in majorly. I don't think you need to steer clear, remember we are usually our own worst critic. You should be careful though. Has he had many relationships before?

i agree with snowboy.

you're getting to know one another.

if you're going to date another human being...better to date one who's aware of their faults...and isn't afraid of laughing at them

*that* is what's a rare find....and possibly what's making people boo-hoo him on one statement....who's never met him....even though the statement could mean many things.....it could mean he's self-deprecating and humorous

good luck

I would describe myself and my boyfriend as bad at dating (we are both great on dates with people we don't like hilariously). But we are both great at being in a relationship. Well at least with each other. I'd ask what he means. He could mean he's bad at the dating phase, but good beyond that. In which case great. He could mean he's bad at relationships which would be a red flag. Ask for clarification.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Hard to discern the meaning of a sentence in any way other than it's literal meaning unless there context. Mainly, did he volunteer this information or was he asked something that made him say this. Context matters.

I don't think you need to steer clear, remember we are usually our own worst critic. You should be careful though. Has he had many relationships before?

a college buddy of mine told me he'd make a horrible husband. he told his girlfriend at the time (years later they married)...."I'm scared I can't be true to a woman"

they've been married 35 years. 2 kids. great guy....sometimes too honest for his own good though....part of his charm :)

Edited by whatnot
  • Author
Hard to discern the meaning of a sentence in any way other than it's literal meaning unless there context. Mainly, did he volunteer this information or was he asked something that made him say this. Context matters.

Context was something like this:

we were texting and I randomly said I hate American dating..

He said "what do you mean??"

so I said that I'm not used to it because its not how we do it where I come from (outside of US) but maybe id have to just get used to it (I said that because I go on OKC to clear out my inbox every so often, and I see that he's online. Im not looking at all, I don't even read my messages, I just delete them).

Then he came back with his comment.

Ive since disabled my profile as I don't like seeing him on there, and I don't want to keep checking, I've got better things to do with my time.

Context was something like this:

we were texting and I randomly said I hate American dating..

He said "what do you mean??"

so I said that I'm not used to it because its not how we do it where I come from (outside of US) but maybe id have to just get used to it (I said that because I go on OKC to clear out my inbox every so often, and I see that he's online. Im not looking at all, I don't even read my messages, I just delete them).

Then he came back with his comment.

Ive since disabled my profile as I don't like seeing him on there, and I don't want to keep checking, I've got better things to do with my time.

we're generally uncomfortable with things we hate doing because of unfamiliarity. It's his way of say...."don't worry about it....I can be too")....in order to...make you more comfortable.

(don't misconstrue this as being LOL "deceptive and manipulative" as many on heartbreak hotel websites are apt to do. :)

could be he's telling the honest truth....which means he may be thinking...."finally...someone I don't have to act like something i'm not with"....OR....he strikes me as a guy whose good at putting others at ease (again...lol....many will see *that* as a red flag as well).

I see good with either scenario. Like I said in my first post....if ya like the guy...continue to get to know him. You all don't know each other all that well....yet ;)

good luck! :)

• Like 1

crib note version:

those being statements in response to the statement you made.....it means....

thoughtful or honest or a relief or all of the above. None of which is evil.

have fun :)

Edited by whatnot
  • Author
crib note version:

those being statements in response to the statement you made.....it means....

thoughtful or honest or a relief or all of the above. None of which is evil. (and some of which...turns *some* women...."off" LOL)

have fun :)

Thanks :) what about him still being on OKC? Seems to contradict what he says? I don’t get the whole thing of finding someone you like an still chatting to others on there. There’s only one reason to still be on there right? I would never tell him he can’t, I believe a person should do what they’re going to do and that’s how you know the real them. But I also think there is a mentality sometimes that it’s like “oh, I found someone I like, maybe there are others out there like that too”?

Cookiesandough

What did you say after he said it? I think you should say something like "I am not seeing anyone else either. Would you like to take our profiles down?" if it bothers you a lot.

He could be going on to see if you are on too. It's not cut and dry, but usually if the person is regularly going online it means they are still looking for something else or they are 'stalking' the other person.

• Author
What did you say after he said it? I think you should say something like "I am not seeing anyone else either. Would you like to take our profiles down?" if it bothers you a lot.

He could be going on to see if you are on too. It's not cut and dry, but usually if the person is regularly going online it means they are still looking for something else or they are 'stalking' the other person.

Yeah I went back and said I’m not seeing anyone else and was happy just seeing him.

I don’t think he’s checking on me, he’s on longer than it would take to do that...

Cookiesandough

Okcupid shows you on for an hour after you sign in. I have had people call me out for not answering them so I know this. lol. It's just this weird thing.

I advise if you want an exclusive relationship, don't take your profile down until you're certain you're in an exclusive relationship. Don't let someones "I'm not seeing anyone" quell you into stop looking for what you want. Particularly when you don't feel like the person is into you enough or you have suspicions they are not being truthful.

"I'm not seeing anyone else" can mean not right now, like as in, there's not another chick in standing in front of me right now. It can mean not seeing anyone else until someone else catches interest. It means hardly anything isolation If you feel you aren't getting what you need don't settle for a situationship where you have suspcisions be actively looking on a dating site but is now comfortable knowing you aren't seeing anyone else and your profile is down.

Keep the profile up and keep looking. If it turns into something, great...if not,you're not wasting time.

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Author
Okcupid shows you on for an hour after you sign in. I have had people call me out for not answering them so I know this. lol. It's just this weird thing.

I advise if you want an exclusive relationship, don't take your profile down until you're certain you're in an exclusive relationship. Don't let someones "I'm not seeing anyone" quell you into stop looking for what you want. Particularly when you don't feel like the person is into you enough or you have suspicions they are not being truthful.

"I'm not seeing anyone else" can mean not right now, like as in, there's not another chick in standing in front of me right now. It can mean not seeing anyone else until someone else catches interest. It means hardly anything isolation If you feel you aren't getting what you need don't settle for a situationship where you have suspcisions be actively looking on a dating site but is now comfortable knowing you aren't seeing anyone else and your profile is down.

Keep the profile up and keep looking. If it turns into something, great...if not,you're not wasting time.

I havent taken my profile down because I think we’re not seeing anyone else. I took it down cos I don’t want the hassle right now, regardless of what he does. I want to spend my time being productive. After he said his comment, I said @maybe we can be crap at it together” he said “that won’t be hard”

??

Cookiesandough

It sounds like he is saying he is bad at dating. He isn't successful at it.

Maybe you could ask for more specifics

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Author
It sounds like he is saying he is bad at dating. He isn't successful at it.

Maybe you could ask for more specifics

Thanks, yeah I’m gonna ask next time I see him

• Like 1