Bf being rude to me

Faith238

Well inhopenthis does not confuse you guys. My boyfriend has been an complete ******* to me lately. I have been with him only for 3 months and we seemed to as if skipped the honeymoon phase of the relationship. He seems to get so annoyed with me with any and everything I do. I can't do anything right to him. He gets upset if I make a simple noise on the phone with him he says "What is that noise omg, ugh" like such attitude. Is was a time when I was having a hard time with family issues and I was calm and not much to say. He fussed and cussed at me for taking to long to respond yo a question he asked while we were on the phone. He went off on me. He didn't even ask how I was doing or nothing he just went crazy on me. I am so patient with him. I don't give him attitude at all. I give him complete respect. I am always there for him no matter what. So another instance was a time where I was on a good mood and happy to talk to him and possibly seeing him soon. He didn't even acknowledge that I was feeling better all he said was. "Ugh shut up you just keep on talking damn shut up" now that hurt me, like why can't you just be happy I am on a good mood. It has been a number of situations where he has been so mean to me. I tried to talk to him about it and he gets defensive and blows me off. He makes it seem as if it's all my fault and he has a right to talk to me so mean.

I have met him when he was struggling and I helped him I a lot of ways get back on his feet. Gave him my last I have prayed for him, motivated him, been there when other turned back on him. Why would he treat me thus way after what I have done. Advice please.

That is unacceptable rude behavior. No man should ever tell his gf to shut up. I think you need to stand up for yourself and set some clear boundaries, with the understanding that you will dump him if he continues. You deserve to be respected.

• Like 1

he sounds like a teenager who hasn't learned how to talk to a woman yet. it sounds like he's talking to a guy, with that amount of disrespect. it's who he is, so you either learn to like his attitude and how he talks to you or you leave.

• Like 2

Just one quick question... Why are you dating him?

You certainly don't have to date him. You don't control his behavior. But, you can certainly decide whether you keep him around or not...

Edited by BaileyB
  • Like 3

NO ONE should ever take such crap from anyone! I was involved with a beautiful, successful woman once. Her ex used to cuss at her, call her names, belittle her...I simply could not believe she tolerated it. The guy turned out to be a total loser.

This is HIM. He will not change. Like someone said, this is the honeymoon phase of your relationship and he's treating you like cow dung. Jettison him now.

• Like 4

Why even care at this point? He treats you like crap because he does, and you should leave him.

Cut your losses on the 500 bucks too, you ain't gonna see a lick of that.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 2
Fleur de cactus

Sorry you have to go through this. I think your bf has a serious problem. You only know him for 3 months? To him the honeymoon is over. He sounds an immature person who is happy when everything is ok but does not have patience to listen. If I was you I would end the relationship before he hurts you more. Don’t waste your time on him.

• Like 2
I have been with him only for 3 months and we seemed to as if skipped the honeymoon phase of the relationship.

I am so patient with him. I don't give him attitude at all. I give him complete respect. I am always there for him no matter what.

Why would he treat me thus way after what I have done. Advice please.

You are "always there for him, no matter what." Are you kidding? You have only known him for 90 freaking days. Do you even know what the word "always" means?

You had no HM phase & he treats you this way because he's a selfish person who is a taker. You let him.

For heaven's sake, dump his mean-spirited ass.

• Like 4

Why would he treat me thus way after what I have done -- He will take as much as you give and without any effort on his part.

He is not a boyfriend. He's just a guy you've been spending time with for 3 months and giving more than you're getting out of the relationship. It's not going to get better. It will get worse as time passes.

You're being used and abused.

Well inhopenthis does not confuse you guys. My boyfriend has been an complete ******* to me lately. I have been with him only for 3 months and we seemed to as if skipped the honeymoon phase of the relationship. He seems to get so annoyed with me with any and everything I do. I can't do anything right to him. He gets upset if I make a simple noise on the phone with him he says "What is that noise omg, ugh" like such attitude. Is was a time when I was having a hard time with family issues and I was calm and not much to say. He fussed and cussed at me for taking to long to respond yo a question he asked while we were on the phone. He went off on me. He didn't even ask how I was doing or nothing he just went crazy on me. I am so patient with him. I don't give him attitude at all. I give him complete respect. I am always there for him no matter what. So another instance was a time where I was on a good mood and happy to talk to him and possibly seeing him soon. He didn't even acknowledge that I was feeling better all he said was. "Ugh shut up you just keep on talking damn shut up" now that hurt me, like why can't you just be happy I am on a good mood. It has been a number of situations where he has been so mean to me. I tried to talk to him about it and he gets defensive and blows me off. He makes it seem as if it's all my fault and he has a right to talk to me so mean.

I have met him when he was struggling and I helped him I a lot of ways get back on his feet. Gave him my last I have prayed for him, motivated him, been there when other turned back on him. Why would he treat me thus way after what I have done. Advice please.

If he's treating you like this already, you might as well end it.

Faith, the bit where you say you show him complete respect is concerning. While it's good to start with respect, it's important to know that respect is something which must be earned continually.

If someone treats you disrespectfully, they should not have your respect.

• Like 1

He's treating you like a doormat and you're allowing it.

Know your worth. It's better to be alone than be with someone who disrespects you royally. This will only get worse, sadly.

What made you first want to date him? What was he like then? When did this type of rude behaviour begin?

You definitely need to break up with him but you also need to learn from this. Why did you lend him money?

I'm just trying to work out how you chose this (seemingly totally unworthy man) to trust and be there for and lend money to. These are all great qualities to bring to a relationship, but only with the right person. If you don't work out how you got this so wrong then you won't learn from it and make better decisions next time.

Don't beat yourself up though, we all date a isdiot at one point or ànother it's more important what you learn from it. Oh and forget the money you won't see it again, think of it as a tution fee and just move on with your life

What was he like when you first started going out? Was he always a bit agitated but bit his tongue, like you knew he might be annoyed, or is this something that just really started up the past few weeks? There has to be a reason you continued seeing him, and a reason you're so wishy-washy now (hoping he goes back to being kind); otherwise, I suspect there wouldn't have been a second or third date.

There's really no question here. He treats you poorly and you need to dump him and move one. You don't deserve to be belittled and berated over nothing. He shouldn't be continuing with you if he finds you so annoying. It just means you're not compatible. I suspect he likes having you around when he's in the mood, which is why he maintains your relationship. He's probably very nice during those rare moments, and this is what keeps you attached to him...waiting for that to be permanent. It can throw you off.

Just stop. Break it off. It's way better to be alone than with someone who barks at you all the time. You don't need his abuse to cause damage that you carry into all your future relationships, whether romantic or platonic or professional. Get out now before he breaks you.

It's only been three months. This is the common time in a new relationship where the "real person" emerges, and his true colors are showing, compatibility becomes more clear. He's not worth it.

• Like 1

A month ago you were complaining that he was still active on POF. Perhaps he has found somebody he likes better who is a bigger sucker than you are. Either way, this rude behavior is not new. The only Q is when will you have had enough of being treated badly & walk away?

• Like 1