What to wear on a first date that is grabbing coffee?

lbh33

I am going on a first date with a guy I met online tonight to grab coffee. I have no idea what to wear and the 2 outfits I'm considering are nearly opposite. Please help. The first is an off-the-shoulder top with jeans and heeled booties. The second is leggings that are a pretty dark grape purple color with a black sweater and slip on sneakers. Ugh! Scared the first is too much but the second is boring. I don't have many cute tops so these are my only two options. Which one?

Can you wear the booties with the leggings?

Save

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
reply to deleted post ~T
  • Like 1

The first option sounds lovely. Go with that :)

Save

Save

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
reply to deleted post ~T
  • Like 1

I'd go with option B, leggings and sneakers.

Then you can wear the other option on an actual date if you two find you like each other.

I never dress 'up' for a first meet up and I've never had a meet up where the guy didn't ask for a date.

Can you wear the black top with the jeans & booties? I'm not loving the off the shoulder for a 1st date . . . a tad too sexy & might be over the top for a brightly lit coffee date, & worse it might give the guy ideas that coffee dates lead to sex.

• Like 1

Wear one of those long sleeve tops with the shoulders cut out of them. Everyone is wearing them, and they look so good! Option one is what I would wear. I hate leggings...they are so 2016.