LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Another one bites the dust?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree592Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2017, 8:22 AM   #136
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Guys I couldn't hold off.

I asked him the following

Me: "Hey do you have facebook? I don't need to add you or anything...just curious.."

Him: "Yeah, it's the only social media I use but it's full of pics and videos of cats and dogs "

Me: "Aw that's cute. So how would I find you on there?"

Him: "Under a name XY. I already found you ages ago " *his last name is a play of letters from his actual last name*

Me: "Oh wow, some hot pics on there BTW I had to ask because there are some dishonest people on these apps. You never said or did anything to make me doubt you. It's just that my internet stalking skills suck "

Him:"Hell, I am definitely single . I don't even have pics of any exes on there so any female you see is a friend. Lucky there are many other qualities that make up for your poor internet stalking skills "

So we flirt a bit more but....dum dum. He didn't send me a friend request

Do you think that's weird? He has plenty of public stuff and none looks suspicious. I am just used to guys freely trying to add me since date 1.

Also do you think he now thinks I am crazy?
Man. This guys sounds like me. Guys have always told me this is suspicious. I've always though 'Jeez, it's just social media' but now seeing it from your perspective I would be a little wary too. Now I understand!

Quote:
I guess that's the problem. He tells me that he sees long term future with me constantly without me even asking or mentioning it. Isn't someone that feels that strongly curious about my Facebook too? Something just doesn't add up.
I agree that is odd. I would have assumed he wasn't sure yet how things were going to unfold. Maybe he is a very private person and/or wants to know for sure things will work out before he adds you.

However, in light of him saying this sugary stuff, it would have seemed kind of inconsistent for him to give to give you that reason...

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 7th November 2017 at 8:26 AM..
Old 7th November 2017, 8:57 AM   #137
Established Member

So I straight up asked him and he evaded again.

Took him 30 minutes to reply.

I said: "Hey so out of curiousity, do you have a preference on not adding people you have just started to date on FB?"

Over 30 minutes later (I don't think he ever took more than 5-10 minutes to reply):

"That's an interesting question. For me FB is mostly about cats and dogs. I don't have a preference"

then again "I dunno, maybe it would be cool to exchange funny gifs".

still hasn't added me....

What do I say now? He is a smart guy, if he truly didn't care, he would have just added me.

I know you are all going to say that I am crazy, but I don't think I am
Old 7th November 2017, 9:02 AM   #138
Established Member

Update: he just sent a friend request.

My bet is that 30 minute delay was him cleaning up his FB. I have now got about 10 messages from him saying that he "fell asleep so didn't see my msg immediately", even though I didn't ask about the delay.

This is shady right?

No_go, yes "love bombing" came to mind.
Old 7th November 2017, 9:03 AM   #139
Established Member

Journal Entries: 1
Quote:
So I straight up asked him and he evaded again.

Took him 30 minutes to reply.

I said: "Hey so out of curiousity, do you have a preference on not adding people you have just started to date on FB?"

Over 30 minutes later (I don't think he ever took more than 5-10 minutes to reply):

"That's an interesting question. For me FB is mostly about cats and dogs. I don't have a preference"

then again "I dunno, maybe it would be cool to exchange funny gifs".

still hasn't added me....

What do I say now? He is a smart guy, if he truly didn't care, he would have just added me.

I know you are all going to say that I am crazy, but I don't think I am
Why are you having these conversations through text? He would not have been able to ę*evade*Ľ in person and also you would have his reactions to go on.

Also, you are making a big deal out of something you specifically told him wasnít a big deal. Whatís going on ES? Why are you sabotaging?
Old 7th November 2017, 9:05 AM   #140
Established Member

Quote:

My bet is that 30 minute delay was him cleaning up his FB. I have now got about 10 messages from him saying that he "fell asleep so didn't see my msg immediately", even though I didn't ask about the delay.

This is shady right?

Itís simple: if you donít trust him, dump him.
Old 7th November 2017, 9:10 AM   #141
Established Member

Quote:

This is shady right?

It's good he added you, although I agree with you he used the lag time to 'clean up' (or most likely: change privacy settings). Not necessarily a bad thing - I'd have done the same if adding someone I don't now well.

For love bombing: just trust your gut. The older I get the more I believe our gut tells us waaaay too much and if we only listen (and don't fall into the self-doubt 'modern' psychology)- we'd spare ourselves trouble.

He could be legit, or not - I think if 3-4 weeks from now you'd now either way.
Old 7th November 2017, 9:11 AM   #142
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
Why so harsh - it takes a bit of time to sense the person. I'd say anything under a month is too little information to proceed either way.
Old 7th November 2017, 9:18 AM   #143
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Go View Post
Why so harsh - it takes a bit of time to sense the person. I'd say anything under a month is too little information to proceed either way.
Exactly. But ES isn't doing this. She isn't getting to know him. She's putting him on trial.

I was harsh in the hopes she would realize she doesn't have any information yet, just pure conjecture.

ES, what's the worst case scenario here? That he is lying?

Then take your time getting attached. Stay balanced. Focus on other things in your life. That's the complete opposite from analyzing every single thing he does - which only keeps your focus on him.
Old 7th November 2017, 9:19 AM   #144
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Go View Post
Love bombing and excessive sweet talk have never led to good outcomes in the past. I guess that's why I am wary. The guy that lied about being divorced? Same pattern. The guy that lied about being 10 years younger? Same pattern.

Also the same pattern of FB evasion.
No_Go likes this.
Old 7th November 2017, 9:24 AM   #145
Established Member

Quote:
Exactly. But ES isn't doing this. She isn't getting to know him. She's putting him on trial.

I was harsh in the hopes she would realize she doesn't have any information yet, just pure conjecture.

ES, what's the worst case scenario here? That he is lying?

Then take your time getting attached. Stay balanced. Focus on other things in your life. That's the complete opposite from analyzing every single thing he does - which only keeps your focus on him.
I know that you are a kind person Kamille so I know you have good intentions.

I had to rearrange a number of work meetings tomorrow to make the movie we wanted to see. I also want to submit a paper that I was supposed to finish tomorrow night. I guess I was hoping if I bring it up tonight, there will be a clear resolution so that I can cancel the date, end things and get on with work
Kamille likes this.
Old 7th November 2017, 9:28 AM   #146
Established Member

Thanks. We sure do go way back .

I'm not invested in things working out with this guy, but I am invested in things working out for you. And yes, right now I'm a bit frustrated. I'll own to that.

Quote:

I had to rearrange a number of work meetings tomorrow to make the movie we wanted to see. I also want to submit a paper that I was supposed to finish tomorrow night. I guess I was hoping if I bring it up tonight, there will be a clear resolution so that I can cancel the date, end things and get on with work
Resolution to what?

Last edited by Kamille; 7th November 2017 at 9:30 AM..
Old 7th November 2017, 9:50 AM   #147
Established Member

So I added him....and he is quite far from "loner" he says he is. He is also far from posting pics of cats and dogs like he said.

No wonder he didn't want to add me.

He only seems to have female friends. Especially one that constantly wears low cut tops and "checks in" with him alone at least once a week. They seem to go out drinking a lot and post love hearts to each other. Her relationship status is "single".

The other most featured person is another attractive female and she and the other one seem to argue and flirt with him on everything he posts.

Just looks like bad news all around.

Am I overreacting?

Not any male friends in sight.
Old 7th November 2017, 10:00 AM   #148
Established Member

Quote:

It really reads as though you are looking for any reason to dump this guy. There is a certain amount of blind trust you have to have at the beginning. You are going to kill this if you don't stop. You have been on what 3 dates so far? You don't really know anything about him. Yes he could be married, or a serial killer, or even a Trump supporter, but the reality is you don't know and you are making stuff up based on fears left over from your past. This guy could be genuine and simply really likes you. Non of this you will know unless you relax, keep your eyes open and see where it goes.

As for FB who cares. Personally I don't add new love interests until its been months and things are more established. And if anyone looks me up they won't find much on me. Why? because I enjoy my privacy. Nothing to hide, just prefer my privacy and share my life with people I am more intimate with.

Maybe take a look as to what is driving your paranoia and sit with that for a while. I don't mean to be harsh, just would hate to see you kill something that might not be what you are making it out to be.
Old 7th November 2017, 10:01 AM   #149
Established Member

Quote:
^^^
This a million times over!
Old 7th November 2017, 10:04 AM   #150
Established Member

Quote:
So I added him....and he is quite far from "loner" he says he is. He is also far from posting pics of cats and dogs like he said.

No wonder he didn't want to add me.

He only seems to have female friends. Especially one that constantly wears low cut tops and "checks in" with him alone at least once a week. They seem to go out drinking a lot and post love hearts to each other. Her relationship status is "single".

The other most featured person is another attractive female and she and the other one seem to argue and flirt with him on everything he posts.

Just looks like bad news all around.

Am I overreacting?

Not any male friends in sight.
Forget my last post... sounds like he has a lot on his plate...
Closed Thread