When you discover your crush is dating someone

avoforastig

I posted earlier this week about a great girl I met on a recreational sport league. She seemed very friendly and flirtatious and I totally developed a crush on her after a few weeks. Then, today, I found out she was dating someone and the dude showed up at the end of our game, who was quite underwhelming IMHO. I feel so crushed. The ****ty thing is I feel like she was very flirtatious with me even today before I found out. She had also told one of my friends she thought I was really funny. Ugh. I can't believe how great, earlier in the week, and how ****ty I now feel.

Should I give up? Should I pursue the chase? She only referred to this guy as someone she was dating, but man, I can't believe how perturbed I am by this.

mortensorchid

Don't get involved with her. She's got someone and you'd look like a fool for trying to barge in. Now you know, you didn't before the guy appeared. Have some class and walk away, be friendly towards her (no reason to go through life hating one another) but this ain't gonna happen as long as he's there.

• Like 1
  • Author
Yeah back off and forget her. She is not single right now.

She has been soooo flirtatious though, it can't be my imagination.

A lot of women have very flirtatious personalities, but are dating or married. I remember a few married sales reps I used to deal with on a regular basis, whose husbands I had met, who were both extremely flirtatious, to the point of touching me at times. It was something to behold, but at the end of the day they're taken. Your efforts are better spent elsewhere.

• Author
A lot of women have very flirtatious personalities, but are dating or married. I remember a few married sales reps I used to deal with on a regular basis, whose husbands I had met, who were both extremely flirtatious, to the point of touching me at times. It was something to behold, but at the end of the day they're taken. Your efforts are better spent elsewhere.

ugh.. just feeling depressed, can't find anything to hang my hat on these days

• Author

Yeah, damnit! youre totally right. its kind of like the cat you think is friendly when it rubs its head against your leg, then 2 minutes later it rubs its head on the coffee table.

Just mad at myself for being self-deceived

I posted earlier this week about a great girl I met on a recreational sport league. She seemed very friendly and flirtatious and I totally developed a crush on her after a few weeks. Then, today, I found out she was dating someone and the dude showed up at the end of our game, who was quite underwhelming IMHO. I feel so crushed. The ****ty thing is I feel like she was very flirtatious with me even today before I found out. She had also told one of my friends she thought I was really funny. Ugh. I can't believe how great, earlier in the week, and how ****ty I now feel.

Should I give up? Should I pursue the chase? She only referred to this guy as someone she was dating, but man, I can't believe how perturbed I am by this.

You waited a few weeks to find out she's with someone? That's your fault

• Like 1
  • Author
You waited a few weeks to find out she's with someone? That's your fault

given the dude wasn't mentioned for several weeks, I'm thinking its probably not too serious. In fact, he was referred to as a guy she was dating, not a bf. They also seemed a bit awkward with each other.

I met one of my previous gf's when she was still dating someone. She actually reached out to me after breaking it off with the person she was dating at the time a couple months later.

given the dude wasn't mentioned for several weeks, I'm thinking its probably not too serious. In fact, he was referred to as a guy she was dating, not a bf. They also seemed a bit awkward with each other.

I met one of my previous gf's when she was still dating someone. She actually reached out to me after breaking it off with the person she was dating at the time a couple months later.

Well, if that happens again... then, you are good to go. Otherwise, you need to let this go. Whether she calls him a "boyfriend" or not - she is not single.

You shouldn't be that heartbroken, you've only known the girl a few weeks. Someone else will come along soon...

normal person
She has been soooo flirtatious though, it can't be my imagination.

Well if you're right about all this and the guy being underwhelming and them seeming awkward as a couple, all you have to do is to continue doing what you've been doing and show her what she's missing out on. If this isn't all in your head, then she'll probably want to date you soon enough. It'll be obvious, the sexual tension will be pretty apparent and you won't have to do much legwork, it'll probably just fall into your lap.

Fishforbreakfast

It's not like she's married to him yet, if there's something there between you two more then just flirting it will happen otherwise it just wasn't meant to be. Keep being huge awesome self and you have nothing to lose only everything to gain!

So what if she is "dating" someone. A lot of people multi date to find the one that interests them the most. If you really like this girl, go for it, be aggressive. You really have to put on your A game if you want to get a girl of this caliber. You can't be beta with her, oh no. Confident, a little cocky, push and pull method...good to go. Just do it.

• Like 2
So what if she is "dating" someone. A lot of people multi date to find the one that interests them the most. If you really like this girl, go for it, be aggressive. You really have to put on your A game if you want to get a girl of this caliber. You can't be beta with her, oh no. Confident, a little cocky, push and pull method...good to go. Just do it.

Finally a good response! If he feels this hot for her then he should go for it. "Dating" doesn't mean much, but him showing up to her game isn't a good sign. That shows a certain investment in the relationship. Still, if he's not a boyfriend then she is fair game.

Ask her out on a date! The worst she can say is no. Don't let her or you say "just as friends" if she resists. A date, either yes or no.

And if it's a no...that's when you pull back. No more flirting and giving her attention that she loves. If she says no, she loses that benefit. Instead, direct your attention to other women you're playing with...right in front of her.

WaitingForBardot

Yup, you know what they say (and no, I don't know who they are... ..lol..): When a girl is single your competition is the whole world, when she's attached it's just one guy!

That and All's fair in love and war...

• Like 1

Keep with the flirting with her and if she continues to do the same, then ask her on a date. Be confident. If she mentions the other gut at all as a boyfriend, your done and out. You like her romantically, so if she is not willing to go on a date with you, then back down and shift your attention elsewhere.

She won't be good woman for you in the end if she fools around with you on the side and have the main squeeze living with her or still in a relationship with. Sounds like she's two timing the both of you. How do you feel about that I see you have an issue. Why would you share her with another man or more. You can do better than her, never think you can't..