Stick with who you know?

Coffeeguy

Hey folks. I know this is a repeating topic but it's been on my mind for a while now.

I became good friends with someone out of tech school three years ago. She's in her mid 20's and I'm early 40's (late bloomer here).We just hit it off as friends instantly and I was the the guy who witnessed the notary signing for a divorce (told her she was going to fast but noooo). She's from Turkey so I've also helped her write speeches (she can speak great English but writing a speech in one was difficult). It's odd because I never even considered dating her until right freaking now. I texted her a couple of days ago after we haven't talked in a while just because she popped in my head. She responded right away and wants to see me. I'm not taking that as anything other than what we have always been. But I really do wonder...what if? My only problem is it's going to me that has to ask or whatever. I'm terrible at approach and even she knows it because she's heard every ex story I've had. She's just my style though. She doesn't bullsh$T, pretty as hell and we laugh a lot. She is very giving and much older inside than out. So I don't want to ruin that either. But isn't that a base to build on?

Lol even in my 40's I still have no idea what anything means. But I do know what I want. However, that's just me. I care about what she would want too. Oy....I already see the stumble happening.

Okay? What's the question exactly?

Be a man - or at least act like one - and ask her out.

If she likes you in that way, it won't matter if it's awkward. If she doesn't, then it wasn't meant to be and you should move on.

• Author
Okay? What's the question exactly?

Be a man - or at least act like one - and ask her out.

If she likes you in that way, it won't matter if it's awkward. If she doesn't, then it wasn't meant to be and you should move on.

I guess it's not a question really, just seeing how some might approach this.