Sweet ways to ask a girl to be your girlfriend?

Hello, I have been dating this one girl for about 4 months now. The relationship between us is great! However, I now want to make her my girlfriend... I have had many relationships in the past, but never a girlfriend. What are some sweet ways of asking her to be my girlfriend? I was thinking of writing down the question on her hand with two check boxes, yes or no.

If you guys could help me out with a few simple ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks. :D

ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by dd1463

Hello, I have been dating this one girl for about 4 months now. The relationship between us is great! However, I now want to make her my girlfriend... I have had many relationships in the past, but never a girlfriend. What are some sweet ways of asking her to be my girlfriend? I was thinking of writing down the question on her hand with two check boxes, yes or no.

If you guys could help me out with a few simple ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks. :D

Don't do that :) LOL.

How about saying "I really like you and want to go steady."

Don't ask for what you want. TELL her what you want. She'll say yes or no. That's it.

Look her square in the eye and say it with confidence. Maintain that eye contact.

back n hs...my bf did it like a proposal...he got on his knee to tie his shoe, and goes hell while im down here lemme ask you something..and then he goes, Will you be my girlfriend? strange way of doin so...but very sweet...

a though for u...write her a poem or a letter tellin her how u feel and ask her to be your gf at the end..then go to a restuarant with her,and in the middle of it excuse urself to go the restroom,ask a waiter to give her the letter and read it aloud when she gets it... :love:

just tell her straight up, "I really like you a lot. And I would like to explore more things with you. Take a chance with me." then she'll probably want to clarify that up. then you say, "I want you to be my girlfriend."

now the tricky part is when to say it. i think it's all about perfect timing. say it when both of you are feeling cozy. maybe after a nice dinner, or a walk on the beach, etc. good luck! :)

• Like 1

How about saying, "I really like you-and I'm not seeing anybody else- I'd love it if we could be exclusive with each other?"

yellowrose

My boyfriend asked me --- and this really only works as "cute" if you're over 30 --- if I wanted to wear his class ring.

Regressive, but adorable. :)

By the way, BIG fan of actually asking the other person to be "your girlfriend". Too many guys just let it go, things get blurry, then the girl freaks out because they don't know where they stand. I think it says a lot that you care enough to give her confidence in your feelings.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I wouldn't ask her; let her wonder.

But if you're sure that's what you want, I like CIOC's approach. Just tell her that you think you two should become a couple since you get along so well.

yellowrose
Originally posted by Cecelius

I wouldn't ask her; let her wonder.

Oh man! That's mean!!

:)

Do you enjoy watching women spin out of control???

:p

• Author
Originally posted by yellowrose

if I wanted to wear his class ring.

LOL... That's cute! Too bad we are both 18.

Any more ideas anyone?

I dont know how you should do it.. but whatever you do.... dont rush it or slur ur words .... my ex said quickly at the end of our date soo randomely " wanna go out" and it was so bad... like he just forced it out and didnt care....lost a few points on the scale of creativity and cuteness!!

Sounobvious

well i think it would be cute to right her a poem that ends in... will you go out with me? leave it by her door... then underneath the poem write call me after you've decided...

Or...

you could hand it to her and tell her to open it after u leave... make her think you've left already... but really wait outside her door .... write on the bottom of the poem " im waiting outside your door for an answer" she'll open the door after shes read it and give you an answer.... She'll love it! i know I would....