anyone pay for dating apps?

hercules22

feels like the free version just shows people who are inactive on tinder for example i cant seem to get a match anymore and i purposely swipe right on everyone cause i cant be bothered looking at everyone profile

• Author

im also on plenty of fish seem to get messages there but there alot fakes only handful that messaged were actually real and the ones that are real take forever to reply back and i hate sending 2 messages

Yeah I think Tinder is rigged. (It used to be pretty good) They want people to pay.

I tried Tinder Gold, with that new feature where you can see the people who swiped right on you, and got almost no results. Maybe 1 or 2 just "likes" from girls a week, no matches. So I bought a boost, and suddenly got about 50 likes in an hour.... that can't be right.

It seems if you're not paying, your profile goes to the bottom of the stack, and people don't get to see it as much as when Tinder was still completely free

• Like 1

Back when I was dating I paid for them. It's hard to use the sites fully as a free member. And I always figured paying people had more "skin" in the game, and were more serious about finding someone.

You get what you pay for, or don't pay for.

Back when I was dating I paid for them. It's hard to use the sites fully as a free member. And I always figured paying people had more "skin" in the game, and were more serious about finding someone.

You get what you pay for, or don't pay for.

You would think, right? But my experience is that those who pay are only marginally any better than those who don't. Let us also not forget that the amount you pay is hardly unsustainable. Women who pay, pay for the option to have more control over their accounts from mass emails they get. Some other perks, but I always find many who paid to eventually stop paying b/c they found little difference. I am speaking mostly of OKC and POF.

Also, many people who refuse to pay know that a paid subscription is simply a waste of money.

I use EH, but only when there are very cheap promotional prices. I've had quite a few dates from EH, but in the end, I never find it worth continuing my subscription until the next 'dirt-cheap' offer comes up and that's only months after the previous.

I used to pay for the sites but I don't bother now as I found it to be a waste of money. I paid for Match when I first used OLD and was incredibly disappointed by the site. I'm not going to shell out cash just to have the "privilege" of sending someone a message.

I was using POF and I refuse to pay for the extra features. I use the app to view a profile, send a message, get a response and set up a date. That's it. I don't need to pay to see an "extended bio", to determine whether or not they've read my message or to see when they were last online. That's just a game and a waste of money. That is something that women really need to consider when using POF; a guy who is paying for the features is probably only doing that so he can keep tabs on you.

There are some folks that state that they're more likely to date people who pay for sites because it shows they are "more committed" but I have found this to be a load of crap. I got fewer responses and fewer dates from paid sites than the free ones. Match was a horrendous waste of time.

I have also been told the opposite; people think those folks that are paying for extra features to be trying too hard. I, personally, feel that way. I used to be a paying member on POF and OKC and wouldn't hit up women who only accepted messages from paid members. My willingness to throw down money on a dating website has no bearing on how "serious" I am about dating.

• Like 1