Have never asked a guy out..should I this time?

Mkn1010

So, it was my birthday last week and, as is sometimes the case, people pop up out of the wood works! A guy I briefly dated last year messaged me to wish me a good birthday and see how I've been doing etc. I responded and then he asked some more questions and we texted back and forth (about 10 texts), his were quite long and I could tell he made an effort to try and think up jokes.

When we dated last year, I was kinda a mess, I was still not over my ex and this was the first guy I dated and slept with since the ex. We actually randomly met when I was searching for a housemate and he had a place, we ended up connecting and hanging out, then it moved into a romantic fling! I say fling because I wasn't in a good headspace to pursue anything serious and he also was only initiating to see me once per fortnight so I assumed things were casual! Although others told me he was super keen as he even called in sick from work to hang out with me and kept inviting me on trips etc. Our sexual chemistry was also pretty damn good! But in the end we eventually both slowly faded out.

So now I kinda wanna catch up with him again, even if it's just to hang out/casually date/or have some intimacy! if you read my last post, I ended things with a guy I wasn't too attracted to so I'm wanting to get back on the horse so to speak with someone I already know is sexually compatible with me!

Do I ask him to catch-up? Have never done that before :S could be time to give life a go lol

I don't really see any downside to asking him out. Just remember how you do it sets the tone. So if you.might want to date him then ask him on a date. If you just want a roll in the hay then ask him to hangout.

Good luck, go for it!

As Kassy said - 'be specific' about it - always a good idea.

But it sounds like you have nothing to lose so go for it if you like him.

Make sure he's not seeing anyone else since all this time first. You can come right out and say his day and are you seeing at one like dating someone today?If he said no, they you say I am ready to date you know I am completely over the last guy. I am ready how about it.