Is she just friendly or is there something else?

Bios

Hi everyone, I'd just like to get some advice on this issue. I started talking to this girl for about 2 months ago and I've already known that she's very very friendly to everyone. At first I thought, maybe I'll just try to message her to see if she'd reply to me to which she did, and we have been talking non-stop ever since. Through our talks, she's been very nice and caring, telling me not to work too hard, get some sleep etc etc. But I still think that she is just being really friendly. However there are things that are making me question if that really is the case.

1. She invited me to go star gazing on a weekday (til around 1am) even though she has work early the next day.

2. If I have work from 11pm to 7am on the weekends sometimes she'll stay up and talk to me until 4am.

3. We go on random unplanned lunch/dinners at times

I have not been in a relationship in about 2-3 years so my judgement about this issue is pretty bad. It's so hard to do anything because she's just a very friendly person, she is touchy at times too but she's like that to both girl and guy friends. She does lean/sleep on my lap when I come over and hang out. I have not made a move yet, because I have not known her for that long and that I could ruin what we have right now.

So my question is, what should I do? Do I continue with what I was doing until our relationship progresses? What signs should I look out for? To those who have experienced this, what should I do? To the ladies, what signs do you give that shows you're being friendly or when you're interested? Thanks to those who'd reply :laugh:

So my question is, what should I do? Do I continue with what I was doing until our relationship progresses? What signs should I look out for? To those who have experienced this, what should I do? To the ladies, what signs do you give that shows you're being friendly or when you're interested? Thanks to those who'd reply :laugh:

You went through all that effort to describe the situation, without really saying how you feel about her. How do you feel about this girl?

I can't tell you for sure what she is thinking or feeling, but I can tell you how to find out. Ask her!! If you like her, then tell her that you like her and ask her to do something with you that is mutually agreed upon as romantic. You could also try to kiss her...

I get this feeling that you don't want to make a move first. Be bold. Life is not kind to men who are meek and afraid.

It appears that you are attracted to her and want more then just friends, so get her on a real romantic date in the evening and treat it like a date. If you're feeling the vibe is good then make a move for a kiss at the end. Take chances or you'll miss out on a lot in life. Worst case she rejects your advances. Oh well. You'll gain valuable experience when you do, otherwise you'll have to resort to forums like this to get advice. When you take chances you're the one coming on here to give advice.

• Author
You went through all that effort to describe the situation, without really saying how you feel about her. How do you feel about this girl?

I can't tell you for sure what she is thinking or feeling, but I can tell you how to find out. Ask her!! If you like her, then tell her that you like her and ask her to do something with you that is mutually agreed upon as romantic. You could also try to kiss her...

I get this feeling that you don't want to make a move first. Be bold. Life is not kind to men who are meek and afraid.

I do like her a lot. The thing is that, she is 24-25, but she has not had been kissed before so I am afraid to do that suddenly haha. I will do as you say though, I will try to ask her out on a real date.

• Author
It appears that you are attracted to her and want more then just friends, so get her on a real romantic date in the evening and treat it like a date. If you're feeling the vibe is good then make a move for a kiss at the end. Take chances or you'll miss out on a lot in life. Worst case she rejects your advances. Oh well. You'll gain valuable experience when you do, otherwise you'll have to resort to forums like this to get advice. When you take chances you're the one coming on here to give advice.

That's what I hate about myself. I am always afraid to take chances because I am afraid of rejection haha. But this time I will try and do as what you have said. Hopefully it turns out fine.

She is either into you or wants to be BFF's.

If you're confident enough, make a move on her next time you're together.

If you don't want to risk an awkward rejection, tell her you want to take her on a date and have a plan.

I do like her a lot. The thing is that, she is 24-25, but she has not had been kissed before so I am afraid to do that suddenly haha. I will do as you say though, I will try to ask her out on a real date.

Well... she is going to kiss someone. Why not make that person you?

That's what I hate about myself. I am always afraid to take chances because I am afraid of rejection haha. But this time I will try and do as what you have said. Hopefully it turns out fine.

They say fortune favors the bold.

Make your move and let us know how it goes! I have a feeling this will be a happy ending. :D

She has given you every opportunity to make a move and you have avoided it. She is putting herself right out there for you. You need to man up and find some courage, because otherwise she is going to bail, and sooner rather than later.

Go star gazing and make a move on her.

^^This. And, make the move early on, don't wait until the end. You'll have a MUCH better time, I promise. :p

Lovedianaroses

All of the things you mentioned sounds like something a girl would do if she is interested. Like just texting and chatting and being friendly she might do with other people too, but star gazing, leaning on your lap, and talking until 4am? That's definitely something I as a woman would NOT do with a man I just want to be friends with. Those all give off a romantic vibe. I certainly would not invest so much time talking to a man that much even if I was the friendliest socialite in the world. I agree with everyone that you should make a move, but not too far like kissing her all of a sudden. Maybe ask her out to do more date-like things like to a fancy restaurant or something that is quite obvious it's a couple-ish thing to do. Also, observe how she treats you. Is she more sweet/polite/flirty or is she very comfortable/open/blunt around you? If it's the first, she's definitely into you.