Good first date just before her vacation, now what

avoforastig

I went out with an attractive and pleasant woman 2.5 weeks ago. The date was on a Wednesday and she was leaving for a two week vacation the following Monday. I texted her when I got home from the date to ensure she knew I was interested as first dates can often end a little awkwardly. I told her I had fun and we should hang out again when she was back from her trip. She thanked me for the drink and said she would let me know when she returned from her travels.

Its just been two weeks today. However, I went on 5 other dates since then and it only made me more anxious for her to return to see her again. I'm not desperate as its clearly easy enough for me to get a date, she just left a great impression on me. I'm trying to wait patiently but not sure if I should reach out to see if she made it back or not. What should I do?

There's a thin line between desperation and impatience.

As above, give her a day or two before reaching out. If she messages or calls you before then, I'd say that's a pretty good sign. Means you're on her mind enough for her to reach out soon after she gets back.

• Author
There's a thin line between desperation and impatience.

As above, give her a day or two before reaching out. If she messages or calls you before then, I'd say that's a pretty good sign. Means you're on her mind enough for her to reach out soon after she gets back.

yeah, it would be encouraging if she reached out first. Ill try to wait afew more days. Time gaps are tricky though.

• Like 1
mortensorchid

I don't see what's wrong with sending a text to her a day or two before she returns and say "I hope you're having a good time, anxious for you to return." Then perhaps after she returns the day after giving her a call. You don't want to bother he while she is away but letting her know that you are interested still. Hope she responds as you want her to.

• Like 1

But you gone out on more dates while she was away? How do you know if she hasn't done the same thing with you. But remember what she told you before she left for her trip.

She thanked me for the drink and said she would let me know when she returned from her travels.

She said she would let me know, when she return from her trip. This one said it all. She might not let you know and move on to the next date. Let her contact you because she said she'll let you know (maybe) that's what I am getting from this it's a maybe yes or maybe no.. Do not contact her you go on your dates and stop thinking about her. If he contacts you say hey I am back did you miss me? You say yes you did, and say want to go out for dinner? But wait on her to reach out like she said maybe she would and maybe she won't?

• Author

I went ahead and sent her a text asking her if she made it back from her travels yesterday around noon. Its now the following morning and I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm really not sure what to do now as I'm not even 100% sure she is here. She seemed like a really sweet gal, didn't seem like the ghosty type. However, she did respond quickly both before and after the text.

Should I just let it go and move on? Should I try again a few days later? This is the worst part about dating, when you just don't know.

• Like 1

Is there really a type? No. Everyone will do it in certain circumstances. You can't tell me she didn't get the message....she got it. She didn't respond, move on.

• Like 1
Is there really a type? No. Everyone will do it in certain circumstances. You can't tell me she didn't get the message....she got it. She didn't respond, move on.[/quote

The message didn't get bounced back so it definitely should have went through. I did take a look at her OKC account out of curiosity, she hasn't logged into that in several weeks.

I never tell people I'll contact them if I don't plan on it. Its so unnecessary.