Guys who cross their legs

This may seem like a shallow question - for the ladies out there would it bother you if the guy you went on a date with crossed his legs the same way girls do. Like one leg full across the other?

No different than a guy that is metro sexual. It may turn off some.

I like a mans man. Ankle up on thigh.

• Like 2
TunaInTheBrine

I'm a guy, and one who identifies with the masculine end of the spectrum, but I cross my legs sometimes. I don't sit primp and proper, perhaps more relaxed and casual, but I have no issue doing this.

I just have to say it though. Does anyone else find it ironic how often men are expected to fit a certain gender presentation by many women and that it's perfectly okay for women to vocalize this, but when men voice a preference for a feminine women who doesn't do masculine behaviors, he gets lambasted and accused of having outdated expectations? ;)

Edited by TunaInTheBrine
  • Like 11
No different than a guy that is metro sexual. It may turn off some.

I like a mans man. Ankle up on thigh.

Why do a lot of guys prefer the ankle on the thigh? As a guy I find that less comfortable, cause more pressure is being applied on the ankle. It doesn't feel terrible or anything, it's just one leg over the other feels more relaxed for me. But why don't other guys feel that way?

My massive balls make leg over leg uncomfortable.

Lol. Sarcasm.

I dunno. I just naturally do the ankle on knee thing. I think it is habit.

• Like 2
TunaInTheBrine
Why do a lot of guys prefer the ankle on the thigh? As a guy I find that less comfortable, cause more pressure is being applied on the ankle. It doesn't feel terrible or anything, it's just one leg over the other feels more relaxed for me. But why don't other guys feel that way?

I hear ya. Sometimes I wear boots, and if I cross my ankle over my other knee, I get knee pain for at least a few days afterward. I also exercise every day, and so my body doesn't like applied pressure to the knee for long. Yes, one leg over the other feels more relaxed and is easier on the body.

I hear ya. Sometimes I wear boots, and if I cross my ankle over my other knee, I get knee pain for at least a few days afterward. I also exercise every day, and so my body doesn't like applied pressure to the knee for long. Yes, one leg over the other feels more relaxed and is easier on the body.

So if this is the case, then what's with all these guys being too insecure to cross their legs in a comfortable way? It reminds me of the Jackie Chan movie Supercop, where Chan crosses his legs with one leg over, and the superior officer gives him a weird look.

Then Chan moves his leg to an ankle over the thigh, to make himself look normal to them. Even in China this is considered the norm? So what's the deal?

TunaInTheBrine
So if this is the case, then what's with all these guys being too insecure to cross their legs in a comfortable way? It reminds me of the Jackie Chan movie Supercop, where Chan crosses his legs with one leg over, and the superior officer gives him a weird look.

Then Chan moves his leg to an ankle over the thigh, to make himself look normal to them. Even in China this is considered the norm? So what's the deal?

Guys are no less invulnerable to internalizing scripts about gendered behavior toward their self-esteem ("am I manly enough?") than women internalizing scripts about gendered behavior toward their self esteem ("am I pretty and thin enough?")

Norms about gendered behavior come from somewhere, eh? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

i think it depends on how skinny the dudes legs are. I feel like thicker and shorter legs are harder to cross or maybe it's something else about the person's anatomy or some other non-sexist reason.

what's guys thoughts on girls 'manspreading' on dates if they wear jeans

I understand that but guys do all sorts of things the same women do. A guy will get out of bed the same way as a woman. A guy will get into a car the same way as a woman, etc.

A guy will cross his arms the same way as a woman, which is a better example. So why not cross the legs the same way? Who decided that this is the exception to a supposed rule?

• Like 1
TunaInTheBrine

Probably not any thoughts about the jeans :p

• Like 2
TunaInTheBrine
I understand that but guys do all sorts of things the same women do. A guy will get out of bed the same way as a woman. A guy will get into a car the same way as a woman, etc.

A guy will cross his arms the same way as a woman, which is a better example. So why not cross the legs the same way? Who decided that this is the exception to a supposed rule?

There is a way to get out of bed and into a car based on whether you're a man or woman? I've never noticed those.

Well, it's funny. But l don't like women sitting there crossing their legs.

l dunno , it has a kinda guarded stuck up look about it, l like her chilled.

And there's a sexual side to it too which l won't go into but it turns me off,.

But l did use to cross my legs a bit because l tend to slouch back and that sorta supports me better , and helps stop wedgies haha.

But l notice l don't do it anymore. lf there's something to put my feet up on they'll be there or if not they'd be any which way whatever.

dON't like the ankle up thing knee gets sore but l often also notice guys that sit like that are often not the most relaxed unit you'll ever see and it can be a sorta guard.

Not all but some.

There is a way to get out of bed and into a car based on whether you're a man or woman? I've never noticed those.

Sorry I should have been more clear. The point I was making is, is that the society didn't invent a certain way for men and women to get out of bed, or a certain way to get out a car, etc.

So why did society invent a certain way for men to cross their legs as oppose to women? That's what I was trying to say.

• Like 1

I have villonodular synovitis in my right knee. When it's acting up, crossing my legs (right leg on top of left) helps relieve the pain if I'm unable to just put my feet up somewhere. Ankle on thigh is absolutely excruciating during these times.

For you ladies who dislike this behavior in men, do you find it more "forgivable" if there is a medical reason behind it?

This hasn't bothered me. In fact, I've always taken it as a sign of what would be happening later that night.

My dad used to cross his legs when he was engaged in a deep discussion. He was tall, lean, handsome, always dignified, and gregarious. Socially graceful. Always "comfortable in his own skin." So I never thought anything about it.

• Like 4
heavenonearth
This may seem like a shallow question - for the ladies out there would it bother you if the guy you went on a date with crossed his legs the same way girls do. Like one leg full across the other?

You must be from the US?

Because here in Europe, men just do that.

This is not making a man less masculine in any sort of way.

But if it helps, my BF is 6'3'', muscular and handsome (big lumberjack beard)... and he crosses his legs at times. I actually find it super attractive if a man does it, and to me it comes across as very masculine.

It's just a different cultural perception you have, due to the way you were raised.

• Like 1
kittencupcake

Becaue subconsciously (or perhaps consciously) it makes us think the leg crosser has a small penis. I can’t help but think to myself when I see a man crossing his legs ‘doesn’t that squish his junk?’. Arms obviously don’t work the same way.

To the dudes who are complaining about double standards with masculinity and femininity..welcome to our world!! Ready to give us equal pay yet?

I likely would not even notice.

I am not very observant. But if the conversation is good my eyes look directly at their eyes, nowhere else.

like when a women crosses hers , there's things you can do with the junk , even if it's horse size and it's quite comfortable.

Funny thing though , my dad and older brother are real mens men an both often cross a leg. Both tall , l've actually always thought both of them look pretty cool the way they do that.