If I Ignore Her Buying Signals

Soccer1986

If a woman is giving me legitimate buying signals of interest such as certain eye contact and touching me and I just play dumb and pretend like I don't know what's going on then how long will she continue to flirt with me before she gives up? How long can I get away with doing nothing?

CautiouslyOptimistic
Aw snap they call it "buying signals"now?

Just another reason you're not cool, Cookie! ;) (You're cooler than me, apparently, though because you used the term "faded" a few times and I have never heard that either!)

• Like 1
MajesticUnicorn
Because I'm afraid of getting close to a woman right now. I'm not emotionally available for a relationship.

Okay, I understand that. I would just ignore her advances, but if it goes too far you should probably say something so she does not get the wrong idea. But keep in mind women don't come with an instruction manual and there's no set time you can "get away" with doing that.

Cookiesandough
Just another reason you're not cool, Cookie! ;) (You're cooler than me, apparently, though because you used the term "faded" a few times and I have never heard that either!)

Haha. Yeah I'm so not cool I use ' faded af 'and realize it's a palindrome and the last I heard signs of romantic interests were called'IOIs'. We are so out of the loop

• Like 1
kittencupcake

Why can't you just tell her you're not looking for anything right now or that you're not interested if she keeps pestering you?

• Like 3
  • Author
Who said she wanted a relationship.....maybe she just wants to smash.

What do you mean by smash? You mean sex? If so that would even be a worse scenario as far as I'm concerned.

Cookiesandough

How do you know for certain she's trying to buy anything? She could just be a super flirty chick. Things can get awkward if you make assumptions. If you're really concerned, work in somewhere that you have gf maybe?

What do you mean by smash? You mean sex? If so that would even be a worse scenario as far as I'm concerned.

Are you trying to see if she will still be interested when you are ready to "smash" her?

• Author
How do you know for certain she's trying to buy anything? She could just be a super flirty chick. Things can get awkward if you make assumptions. If you're really concerned, work in somewhere that you have gf maybe?

Because I know more about the situation. I've known her for many years and it is only in the last 6 months that she has started giving me that look and accidentally bumped into my butt more than I can count. If she only bumped me once or twice then it may have been accidental but this has been happening at least twice a week for the last 6 months. I've compared the way she behaves towards me compared to others. It's not the same.

But I don't have to worry about leading her on since I have never communicated anything directly. If anything I talk to her less. I think I like her but I'm afraid to do anything. I have mixed feelings.

Cookiesandough

Hmm okay, I'll take your word for it. I was just saying that sometimes we can missread things.

What are you afraid of if you can say?

Because I know more about the situation. I've known her for many years and it is only in the last 6 months that she has started giving me that look and accidentally bumped into my butt more than I can count. If she only bumped me once or twice then it may have been accidental but this has been happening at least twice a week for the last 6 months. I've compared the way she behaves towards me compared to others. It's not the same.

But I don't have to worry about leading her on since I have never communicated anything directly. If anything I talk to her less. I think I like her but I'm afraid to do anything. I have mixed feelings.

Dude go for it, sort it out later.

The only regrets you'll have in life are those where you didn't try.