LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

4 dates and then crash and burn?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2017, 2:22 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1 View Post
That's just it--his silence makes no sense, and then his re emergence for no reason. If anything, he's moved 2 hours further away now.
He was going through his back-up list and thought he'd throw you some bait. Plus, you sending him pics gave him the impression that a window was still open to him whenever he wanted to walk in. Nothing unusual.

Quote:
And I was standing in front of stonehenge. It was hard to not send a pic to every human I've ever met. Besides, it was just a snapchat.
Send pictures to those that matter. You keep some level of contact going and then wonder why he emerged.

Last edited by Zahara; 6th November 2017 at 2:40 PM..
Zahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 10:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahara View Post
He was going through his back-up list and thought he'd throw you some bait. Plus, you sending him pics gave him the impression that a window was still open to him whenever he wanted to walk in. Nothing unusual.
Well you were all right. On Sunday night, he wanted me to follow me on instagram. My Instagram is set on private, I don't connect it to social media, and it's very personal to me. So I followed him, like he asked. He accepted. Then he sent me a request back. I didn't delete it, but I didn't accept it either.
On Monday, he texted me... song lyrics. Not human conversation, nothing normal...just lyrics to "What's up pussycat" by Tom Jones. Each time I'd reply he'd send more. Like it was a game.
Then on Tuesday I went on instagram...He'd literally gone into his follower list, and removed me, to be vindictive because I quote "hadn't accepted his follow request, and he doesn't like to have many people follow him". He has over 200 followers

I asked what he wanted, and why he was back, after a month of radio silence. His response? "I thought we could be friends, but I guess that's not going to happen."

Um, man, a month ago you were asking me to date you. A month later you re emerge from silence to be friends? No.

So tonight I deleted and removed him on all social media. I'm done with that garbage! I don't even understand WHY he came back. Whole thing's weird.
Cam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 10:45 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Well you were all right. On Sunday night, he wanted me to follow me on instagram. My Instagram is set on private, I don't connect it to social media, and it's very personal to me. So I followed him, like he asked. He accepted. Then he sent me a request back. I didn't delete it, but I didn't accept it either.
On Monday, he texted me... song lyrics. Not human conversation, nothing normal...just lyrics to "What's up pussycat" by Tom Jones. Each time I'd reply he'd send more. Like it was a game.
Then on Tuesday I went on instagram...He'd literally gone into his follower list, and removed me, to be vindictive because I quote "hadn't accepted his follow request, and he doesn't like to have many people follow him". He has over 200 followers

I asked what he wanted, and why he was back, after a month of radio silence. His response? "I thought we could be friends, but I guess that's not going to happen."

Um, man, a month ago you were asking me to date you. A month later you re emerge from silence to be friends? No.

So tonight I deleted and removed him on all social media. I'm done with that garbage! I don't even understand WHY he came back. Whole thing's weird.
Itís not that weird, he either liked you and missed your company, or maybe he wanted an easy lay. In any case: he was interested in something you can provide (company? sex? who knows?)
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 10:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Go View Post
It’s not that weird, he either liked you and missed your company, or maybe he wanted an easy lay. In any case: he was interested in something you can provide (company? sex? who knows?)
He's 250 miles away. An easy lay would be impossible. When he decided a month ago he didn't want to date, he was about 120 away. He's since moved to his next rotation..which is even further. He can find himself easier lays.

And when I was very transparent with him, and asked him what was up, and he said "i thought we could be friends.." doesn't sound interested to me! No thanks, i have friends!
Old 8th November 2017, 11:17 PM   #20
Established Member

Then you have your answer. He is too far to invest in a relationship, but he thought friendship may be an option. You don't like the idea. Case closed. Not complicated at all.

Quote:
He's 250 miles away. An easy lay would be impossible. When he decided a month ago he didn't want to date, he was about 120 away. He's since moved to his next rotation..which is even further. He can find himself easier lays.

And when I was very transparent with him, and asked him what was up, and he said "i thought we could be friends.." doesn't sound interested to me! No thanks, i have friends!
Old 8th November 2017, 11:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Then you have your answer. He is too far to invest in a relationship, but he thought friendship may be an option. You don't like the idea. Case closed. Not complicated at all.
But if you wanted to be friends, why would you immediately be on your worst behavior after easing your way back into the person's life? No "how are you? how was your day? etc" song lyrics. song lyrics only. and deleting me on instagram to be difficult.
Old 8th November 2017, 11:38 PM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
But if you wanted to be friends, why would you immediately be on your worst behavior after easing your way back into the person's life? No "how are you? how was your day? etc" song lyrics. song lyrics only. and deleting me on instagram to be difficult.
Well he's acting immature at best. How old is he? You're right this is not the way to ease your way back into friendship unless... you're a confused immature boy that doesn't know how to do any better.
Old 8th November 2017, 11:44 PM   #23
Established Member

Who cares? You don't want to be friends, that's all he can be right now. So you have decided to block him. Case closed. No need to overthink this. Just move on
No_Go likes this.
kassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 11:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Well he's acting immature at best. How old is he? You're right this is not the way to ease your way back into friendship unless... you're a confused immature boy that doesn't know how to do any better.
He is 29....
Old 8th November 2017, 11:50 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
He is 29....
Yikes... I thought he's in his teens/early 20s. Good luck with the next one.
Old 10th November 2017, 12:54 AM   #26
Established Member

Quote:

Because he's some weird guy from online dating, that's why you don't understand it. He came back because he thought you might provide him something he needed now...ego boost, flirt partner, distraction another follower, whatever, but when you didn't give in he ragequit...so soon. He's no friend.
No_Go likes this.

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 10th November 2017 at 1:08 AM..
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote