LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Third wheel on second date.

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th October 2017, 2:46 PM   #46
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryForNoOne View Post
No I'm half Chinese, half Irish and German. I was joking about rounding up. In most regards, my behavior is white not Asian. I identify much more with American culture than any other. Born and raised here and only speak English at home. I conform to almost no Asian-American stereotypes except I'm good at math and my parents really prioritized academics...
I'm sorry but the irony is killing me over here. You said you conform to almost no Asian-American sterotype except you're good at math yet you stated that you are half Chinese and half Irish and German. The math does not work out here, my friend.
Mike B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 2:52 PM   #47
Established Member

I just hope they're not going to rob you. I wouldn't do this any way except meeting them in public. Do not let them in the car with you or get in the car with them.
Old 6th October 2017, 3:01 PM   #48
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B. View Post
I'm sorry but the irony is killing me over here. You said you conform to almost no Asian-American sterotype except you're good at math yet you stated that you are half Chinese and half Irish and German. The math does not work out here, my friend.
"Irish and German" is used as a phrase, thus it is perfectly acceptable. You order half vanilla and half peaches and cream. Not half vanilla, quarter peaches, quarter cream...
A love that should have lasted years
CryForNoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 3:02 PM   #49
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
I just hope they're not going to rob you. I wouldn't do this any way except meeting them in public. Do not let them in the car with you or get in the car with them.
The sad paranoid world that some of you live in, makes me pity you...
CryForNoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 3:25 PM   #50
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
Lols.
You're funny preraph.
Always watching out for your fellow loveshacker.
olivetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 4:29 PM   #51
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B. View Post
The math means he's good with number counting! Next No. Giril.. LOL But he's suppose to be engineer so numbers and math are needed. As a programmer code is base on numbers as well but the language of words can be describe as a way to communication with the AI.
Age doesn't matter, but Love does matter! Which love it's the magical one "I love you" also I am in love with you" More powerful than anyone age! If you really love that person you are so interested in you would move heavens and mountains to reach them!'
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 4:32 PM   #52
Established Member

Quote:
"Irish and German" is used as a phrase, thus it is perfectly acceptable. You order half vanilla and half peaches and cream. Not half vanilla, quarter peaches, quarter cream...
I knew you would say that. Lol. Hey, man, I'm just teasing you. I don't want to geek out on you here. I know what you meant.
Mike B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 8:10 PM   #53
Established Member

I'm going to echo some of the previous posts. As a second date, while I appreciate you wanting to invite her to the thing and go out after, it leaves her sitting alone for the night, and it would seem natural to me to bring a friend along. We have the added situation of a friend from out of town (country) visiting, and she can't very well leave him behind for a date, that would be rude, but she doesn't want to lose momentum with you, and is probably pretty pleased you invited her into your world. I say just go with the flow and see how the evening plays out. Nowhere in this exchange did I assume that this woman is expecting you to cover dinner and drinks for all three of you. I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case. I hope you can find time for some one-on-one in the next two weeks you are busy beyond all reason.
act00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 1:59 AM   #54
Established Member

Quote:
Yes we did make out and I think it is odd. I guess I also put her in a weird position. Seeing someone perform in their band is an awful second date. You barely know each other and you're barely able to talk for much of the night. I usually never invite a girl until we've slept together. But I really didn't see any other opportunity to see her for a couple weeks and I would rather have less than ideal circumstances for a second date than to not see her at all. I just didn't expect it to be this weird when I decided to ask...
Dude i agree with bolded. You sure are the master of the humble brag. I agree with whoever said you know less about women then you act like. It's kinda transparent. Oh, what was the question? What do you really want to know or are you using your threads as an opportunity to brag about your exploits. Like I said, completely transparent.
Everybody's like: He's no item,Please don't like em, He don't wife em, He one nights em,I never listened No. I shoulda figured though. All that sh*t you was spittin',So unoriginal, But it was you. So I was with it. Then tell you the truth, Wish we never did it. If you was really the realest, Wouldn't be fightin' it.I think your pride is just...In the way
Versacehottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 2:27 AM   #55
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by act00 View Post
I'm going to echo some of the previous posts. As a second date, while I appreciate you wanting to invite her to the thing and go out after, it leaves her sitting alone for the night, and it would seem natural to me to bring a friend along. We have the added situation of a friend from out of town (country) visiting, and she can't very well leave him behind for a date, that would be rude, but she doesn't want to lose momentum with you, and is probably pretty pleased you invited her into your world. I say just go with the flow and see how the evening plays out. Nowhere in this exchange did I assume that this woman is expecting you to cover dinner and drinks for all three of you. I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case. I hope you can find time for some one-on-one in the next two weeks you are busy beyond all reason.
I agree too leave the guy from out of town behind! Why would you OP ever consider taking the guy friend along. I feel they have been more than friends too bed wise. Have you ask this woman OP what is the living arrangements with her so called friend? I seen no else as mentioned that fact except for me.
Old 7th October 2017, 2:32 AM   #56
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolheadal View Post
I agree too leave the guy from out of town behind! Why would you OP ever consider taking the guy friend along. I feel they have been more than friends too bed wise. Have you ask this woman OP what is the living arrangements with her so called friend? I seen no else as mentioned that fact except for me.
You'd leave a visitor from the Czech Republic at home while you went to a bar? That's rude. If he's got other people to visit, or things to do, great, but you don't just go out without him, not to a gig at a bar.
Old 7th October 2017, 6:44 AM   #57
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolheadal View Post
You misread my post or you're responding to someone else and quoted me by mistake. I never said it would be okay to leave an out of town guest behind. It depends on the relationship and the dynamics of this relationship, and possibly whether or not there are other friends and family who can entertain and keep company with him. When you agree to take on visitors, you put your normal life on hold. You are the host. How you manage the dynamics as a host is up to you, but it's generally rude to leave your guests behind while you go romp, and the whole point is spending time with your far away friends you hardly see.

Obviously with a boy/girl friendship, everyone is wondering if there's more to this relationship than meets the eye, and certainly the OP can pay attention to this, the vibe, the dynamics, but at this point we have no reason to believe anything other than what is presented at face value. This is an out of town guest, she would like to see her date/new love interest, and she has to deal with this guest at the same time. An opportunity presented itself that allowed her to do both. End of story. Maybe this turns into a disaster, maybe not. The OP opened up a window of opportunity in his busy schedule with this woman, an opportunity that is not ideal, but we work with what we've got, and the woman he's dating is doing the same.
act00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 7:49 AM   #58
Established Member

Quote:
The sad paranoid world that some of you live in, makes me pity you...
we had the same reaction..."
oldbutcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 11:45 AM   #59
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestUSA View Post
You'd leave a visitor from the Czech Republic at home while you went to a bar? That's rude. If he's got other people to visit, or things to do, great, but you don't just go out without him, not to a gig at a bar.
Who leave, it's not me silly,. the OP why would you bring a guy along with you on a second date so call friend from out of town. Friend which type Boy Friend, Guy Friend (who is he). Last time I gone on a date it was just me and GF. Who would bring a 3rd wheel with us. I don't care if he's visiting. When guys go out as friends they can bring who they want usually other guys. How is it rude to leave this guy at her place. So you going to say bring him everywhere? What happens if they want to make out in the car/suv/truck etc. What does the guy from outer town do? Sit in the vehicle and watches them. That's rude. He shouldn't go on their date. Date (2) not Date (3). Come on now, get with the program LOL!
Old 7th October 2017, 2:27 PM   #60
Established Member

I find that ... Well this is how I see it ...

So you two met, she has this guy friend staying with her. If I were in that situation (as in if I was the woman in question) I would be honest and say to you (the man I am interested in) that I have a friend visiting for a few days, but after they leave I will get back to you, I promise. It would avoid an odd situation or make either parties feel as if something is not right.
mortensorchid is offline   Reply With Quote