Girl with a boyfriend

pens1863

So I met this girl working in a auto store and we talked for almost 2 hours while i had to wait for my car to be worked on. We had things in common and she was very friendly. I went back two weeks later to get more work done on my car and we talked again and I asked her on a date. She said while smiling and giggling that she had a boyfriend and that she was sorry. I saw her again about two weeks later and we talked again for a while and we seem to have things in common. I can't tell if she is being nice to me because i was a customer in her store or if she really liked me. My question is, should I ask her on a date again or just leave it alone? Do girls just say they have a boyfriend right off the bat because they want to see if the guy is serious? Do you think I would make things awkward if I asked again?

Thanks

No, she told you she has a boyfriend to block any future advances. Women just don't say that to encourage you to chase them.

• Like 2
MajesticUnicorn

She was being friendly because you were a customer. Maybe some harmless flirting. But as you said...she has a boyfriend. And she told you about him. That means back off.

• Like 1

You have already asked her and she declined, because she has a boyfriend. To ask her again, would be very awkward.

Girls will only say this for two reasons. First, they have a boyfriend and they are not available to date. Or two, they are not interested and they want to be kind when refusing a date.

I think you should look for someone else to date. Good luck.

She probably genuinely liked you. But she didn't Like you. Here's the thing with girls: we can be friendly with guys and not have any motive other than being mates or company at the time.

• Like 1
mortensorchid

She's declining it by saying she has a bf (whether she actually does or doesn't). She was just being friendly to you because you were a customer and she was being courteous to you.

Move on.

So I met this girl working in a auto store and we talked for almost 2 hours while i had to wait for my car to be worked on. We had things in common and she was very friendly. I went back two weeks later to get more work done on my car and we talked again and I asked her on a date. She said while smiling and giggling that she had a boyfriend and that she was sorry. I saw her again about two weeks later and we talked again for a while and we seem to have things in common. I can't tell if she is being nice to me because i was a customer in her store or if she really liked me. My question is, should I ask her on a date again or just leave it alone? Do girls just say they have a boyfriend right off the bat because they want to see if the guy is serious? Do you think I would make things awkward if I asked again?

Thanks

This is as simple as it gets. As you said, leave it alone.

Maybe 9+ months from now things change, and that's your opportunity. Go about your life, be friendly if you ever see each other, etc. She'll let you know if she's single on down the road, and that's your opportunity to strike. If she never lets you know, then she was probably never interested in you.

Thanks

No she has a boyfriend and said sorry. What don't you get from that? Come on now wake-up move on she's not available and she's not going to cheat on him for you. Why would you accept any woman to cheap on their boyfriends. You wouldn't want to lose any respect for her would you. I think she did you and honest favor. She was doing her customer service job with you being happy and smiling at you. That's her job. Social life is taken by her man in her life!

and most people are not the same people when they are at work most just do it because of the job after they are finished they can be completely different

Cookiesandough

. "To see if he is serious"? What kind of s test is that. When a guy asked me on a date I have always assumed he is serious. Am I nuts

Yes, customer service people are supposed to be nice to customers. She most likely has a boyfriend, but she could have lied to you about having a boyfriend because she's isn't. It's a no go. Best to move on.

. "To see if he is serious"? What kind of s test is that. When a guy asked me on a date I have always assumed he is serious. Am I nuts

Yes, customer service people are supposed to be nice to customers. She most likely has a boyfriend, but she could have lied to you about having a boyfriend because she's isn't. It's a no go. Best to move on.

I agree! That's good point too she could be uninterested and lied about having a boyfriend. It's almost saying she was trying to brush you off her to leave her alone..

• Like 1

You read certain signals & took a chance by asking her out. Good for you! It takes a lot of courage to do that.

When she told you that she has a BF she was indicating that any rapport you felt with her was born of the customer / service provider relationship. There is no romantic interest on her part. She probably does think you are a nice person who was interesting to talk to. Otherwise she would not have interacted with you; anybody in that type of environment knows how to not make eye contact & basically ignore a customer they don't want to talk to.

Leave her be except in a professional context. If you continue to get your car serviced there, if there comes a time when she breaks up with her BF, she will find a way to let you know that she wants you to ask her out. That is not now & it may never happen

Dude this is what you do.....chat her up, and say it's too bad you have a BF because I would really like to take you out....you have my number if things change, and smile cocky like, or with a wink.

With her getting all giddy about being asked out, she likes you for sure, and she really likes the attention you give her, hell maybe she's fishing for options. I'm sure if anything does happen, she will have you in mind. She may have a BF, but if there is no ring on that finger, she's not completely off limits.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough
Dude this is what you do.....chat her up, and say it's too bad you have a BF because I would really like to take you out....you have my number if things change, and smile cocky like, or with a wink.

This. Or

"Well, just in case you want a man friend" *give number*"

"You have a boyfriend. Cool. I have a goldfish. Here's my number in case you want to talk about more irrelevant things over drinks" *give number*

"Boyfriend?! Whoa whoa slow down. Let me take you on a date first" *give number*

This. Or

"Well, just in case you want a man friend" *give number*"

"You have a boyfriend. Cool. I have a goldfish. Here's my number in case you want to talk about more irrelevant things over drinks" *give number*

"Boyfriend?! Whoa whoa slow down. Let me take you on a date first" *give number*

Wait a minute you changed your idea, so you think she's lying about having a so called boyfriend. Now you want him to call her bluff by taking her out anyway to see if she goes for it instead?

Cookiesandough
Wait a minute you changed your idea, so you think she's lying about having a so called boyfriend. Now you want him to call her bluff by taking her out anyway to see if she goes for it instead?

Haha not this time. Just for the future if OP gets the bf line and feels like being a little silly on the spot. Definitely think he should let this one go

OptimismHopeTrust

Sorry, it sounds like you really liked this girl so I understand your disappointment. But it does sound like she is not interested in dating you for whatever reason.....whether she has a boyfriend, prefers not to date, or was not as interested as you...does not really matter. You might want to let it go and turn your attention elsewhere. She knows you are interested so if she ever feels differently, you can be sure she will make sure you know that. I wish you the best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So I saw this girl again at the store and we flirted a little. She told me to stop by the store for coffee anytime. Then I told her it was too bad she had a boyfriend and she laughed and "yeah." What do you make of that?