I like a shy guy

cabbagelady

So I have known this guy since January this year and we have just been aquiantences. But recently we became friends. Ironically I started to have a crush for him when I kept catching him staring at me. It made me curious to get to know him and, well, we have alot in common and stuff like that.

I have been afraid of dating again because of an abusive ex before but I realize maybe he isn't such a bad guy after all and I should try at dating again. He's a smart and nice guy. Kinda geeky too. Every Monday our friends have a hang out to see a movie or hang and he always offers to pick me up or take me home. He always sits next to me in our movies too. Well he's always by my side in our hang outs and it feels nice... its just... why doesn't he talk to me much? I want to take it slow as friends and see if it will go somewhere but sometimes I feel like maybe he doesn't like me at all. He seems a little more open to everyone else in the group but when it comes to me, he just acts... different. Like closed off or quiet.

Whenever we talk face to face he never seems to look me in the eye either. I only ever meet with his eyes if I catch him looking at me by accident... but never during a face to face conversation. Whenever we're in his car there would be some awkward silences. it's pretty much on and off. One moment he's super quiet or distant from me, then he strikes up a convo like normal, then quiet, repeat. But I still wonder why he isn't as chatty with me like he is to everyone else. Am I boring or something?

I'm getting mixed signals and sometimes I get a little confused... he's a calm/shy type of guy so is that it? But at the same time he seems to talk more to everyone else... I am a little shy myself too but I can be chatty. What do you people think...?

I'm guessing he may treat you differently because he likes you so is wary about what he does and says around you. He may not make a move unless you give him a clear signal or you can always make a move.

It's very sweet how he always picks you up and sits next to you in the cinema. I would probably just rest my head on his shoulder during a movie or hook onto his arm when you walk around to see how he reacts.

He obviously likes you but, like you say, he's shy. I think if you ask him to go out one on one instead of a group he would say yes and maybe open up. I think he wants to ask you out, but, because he is so shy, you'll have to take that step!

• Like 1

I agree with the above posters - you're going to have to take some of the initiative here if you want a quick answer - but I think he definitely likes you. That is likely why he is different with you. It might take you asking him out for a drink or something - just the two of you - and trying to up the ante a bit. Get a little touchy-feely with him, drop some hints that you'd like to take things to the next level. See how he reacts and go from there.

Cookiesandough

It's hard to say if he's interested or not. In college I swore a guy was interested in me, but shy to ask me out. I mean every. single. sign. Then I saw he got a BF.

You might have to bite the bullet and ask him out! Shy guys are one of those things that is great in theory, but can be tough. Even the shyest of the shy guys will take initiate once they are certain they have the green, though. They just need more than the average dude, I guess.

Edited by Cookiesandough