Hopelessly in love, just want to move on

Jadesmith4

Hi everyone. I have been with my boyfriend for a year and 4 months now. We live together, and have pretty much since we started dating. We broke up for two months when we were dating for 5. During that time he slept with an ex girlfriend from before his last relationship if that makes sense. I was shocked, to say the least. I had met her and I never saw anything between them, as he also explained they stayed friends after the breakup, nothing more. So anyways, my boyfriend and I decide to get back together again two weeks after they slept together. I had not known yet, and to this day wonder if I would still have taken him back. So the ex calls me, and asks if she can come use my shower because she had been living in her car. My boyfriend also got it, but ignored her message. I told him I felt bad for her, so he agreed. I tell her to just come over to my BF's house, as I had gotten back with him and it was totally fine for her to come use the shower. She comes over, and everything seems normal to me. After she showers, she hangs around and that's when I remind my boyfriend we were planning to get something to eat, and I'm kind of annoyed with how long she had been staying. I'm not being rude, but I'm making it real obvious I don't want to go to lunch with my man and his ex girlfriend. So she just gets her stuff, and leaves. No one really had tried to stop her. I'm confused, but we end up leaving. So a week later she calls me, and asks if we can meet up. I'm like ok so we meet up and she tells me that while we were broken up, they slept together and he told her he loved me and wouldn't stop talking about me after. She starts also saying things that aren't true, that I knew for a fact were lies. I very calmly ask her to drop me off, and she insists she has to pick up her boyfriend even though my house was closer. We get her boyfriend and I'm still like wtf. Then she tells me how she's honest with her man and I should feel ****ty I had my BF as a spouse. I went home that night and my boyfriend was angry, not at me but at her. They made an agreement not to tell me, it was a one time thing, and we weren't together. He also said that since they had been friends so long it didn't mean anything and he didn't love her, he loved me. He said that when they made that agreement it was understood I would be very hurt. Its been a year since this happened but I still feel sick about it sometimes. If any of you were in my situation what would you do? If he still loved her, he wouldn't have told her not to tell me right?

Edited by Jadesmith4

well, you were broken up so he was single and free to sleep with whom he wished. I know it hurts to know he's been intimate with another woman but technically he's done nothing wrong. If you want to stay with him you'll have to work through these feelings.

Cookiesandough

His ex sounds like she is hovering. I wouldn't be comfortable with their rship. However, since he slept with her during your break up he technically did nothing wrong. Not fairy a tale, but I'd try to move forward. However, Watch his ex as shes still orbiting and is a fallback girl for when your relationship goes awry,

• Author

Hi, Thanks for your response! One thing I did not mention. When my boyfriend learned the ex had told me, he called her and screamed at her. Not appropriate, but I understand how he must've felt. After that her "new boyfriend" called my boyfriend and said a bunch of **** about my man being overweight, and then my boyfriend was gonna fight him :eek: they ended up not but he basically told me he never wanted to see or talk to her again. She told me that my BF was a piece of **** and she blocked him. Yet she follows him on instagram