Is it ever okay to date a guy just because he liked you

Daisy-oliviaWentcher

Daisy-oliviaWentcher

Dating these days is difficult. I have passed up her great guys in the past who liked me and regretted it. I now do not pass many opportunities up. I figure if a guy likes you, go for it, see where it leads you.

Is there anything wrong with dating a guy just because he likes you? Someone who's not afraid to make their feelings known?

I don't see anything wrong with it, and you never know if this could turn out to be the start of a great thing. I think it's wrong if you absolutely know there's just no way you can have a relationship with the guy, but if there's some potential there, go for it. :)

I don't see anything wrong with it either except you need to give yourself a deadline if no feelings develop. If you date him a month and you still don't see yourself getting interested then don't mislead the man and let him find a woman that will fall into him.

• Like 1

Sure it is. So long as you aren't leading them on. The beginning is all about seeing whether feelings develop. I've done this twice. The first led to what I currently consider the love of my life.

Dating a guy -- as in seeing multiple times -- simply because he likes you is leading somebody on.

Going on 1 date, maybe 2, while you are trying to decide how you feel is just fine. That is the purpose of a (single) date to get to know the person.

• Like 1

Only if you have nothing else to do and want to pass time, or you're aging and are desperate to settle.

I've been the latter, went out with the dude for 2 years, I was even ready to marry him to click a checkbox on my list, but deep inside the resentment was growing bigger and bigger... I'm so glad we broke up, I just feel like I gained my life back.

Dating these days is difficult. I have passed up her great guys in the past who liked me and regretted it. I now do not pass many opportunities up. I figure if a guy likes you, go for it, see where it leads you.

Is there anything wrong with dating a guy just because he likes you? Someone who's not afraid to make their feelings known?

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

It's okay when you're a World's Lowest Standards contender. I like to gain more from my romantic relationships than just having someone like me............I need to like them back.

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1

I used to do that......accepting a date and see where it took me. It was a waste of everyone's time. IMO when you accept a date, that means to them that you have interest. I hurt too many that way and I felt guilty afterwards. You are better off saying no.

Think about it....how would you feel if you were crushing on a guy, and he goes out with you but wasn't really interested. That would suck wouldn't it.

• Like 2
I used to do that......accepting a date and see where it took me. It was a waste of everyone's time. IMO when you accept a date, that means to them that you have interest. I hurt too many that way and I felt guilty afterwards. You are better off saying no.

Think about it....how would you feel if you were crushing on a guy, and he goes out with you but wasn't really interested. That would suck wouldn't it.

These are very good points, in addition to some of the others too. For me, I don't really feel that spark of attraction quickly, with anyone. Accepting dates with people who have interest allows me to get to know them to see if an attraction develops. I have literally gone from zero to 100% attraction by getting to know someone. Everyone is different though and I am certainly not the norm!

Dating is all about finding out what you want in a mate and what you don't want in a mate so dating all spectrums of the opposite sex is a-okay in my book...

How else are you supposed to figure it all out...

So who is this guy? is he someone you've known for a long time? a man you just met and don't know yet?

If you've known this man for a long time and you know you are not attracted to him than it's wasting his time. If he's a new man than yes by all means give it a chance.

It's okay when you're a World's Lowest Standards contender. I like to gain more from my romantic relationships than just having someone like me............I need to like them back.

Your right again there, not only do they like you they should really have some sort of interest in you other than just liking you. Can you both get along, can you both don't argue and can you sleep in the bed without doing anything to each other, that's the real test. Yes you have to like them back before doing anything else. Ditio

• Like 1

So OP you can make it work if the guy likes you and you like him back then you should date him. It's too early to say you love each other. Love takes time to happen. When it does happen you both will know it!

• Like 1

Just to be pragmatic, if you are going out with a person just because they like YOU, and you are just lukewarm....don't make them pay. To me that is just using someone for a free meal.

If you know you don't like the person & you know you won't ever be attracted to them, don't go. As smackie9 pointed out that does waste everybody's time. But if you are on the fence / not sure, I'd go. Give the other person a chance to persuade you.

• Like 1