Could a blocked call be considered stalking?

Mumra

Haven't spoken to a woman I was seeing for a year. For some strange reason her phone used to always leave a 1 second voice message. I never mentioned it to her.

Turns out she was a bit nutty and would always try to contact me in ways that I wouldn't know it was her even when we were seeing each other.

Recently I've been getting calls from a blocked #. First few times I figured it was a telemarketer and forwarded the calls to vm.

I was at the gym the other day and received another blocked call. Only this time I saw that I had a vm. When I went to listen, it was only 1 second. Again, there is only one phone that this has happened with.

Would I be wrong to think it was her?

I probably get about 20 one second voice mails a year. I also probably get several thousand calls a year as I use it extensively for work. All it usually means is someone got my voice mail and hesitated before deciding to not leave a voice mail and hang up.

Do like me and eliminate voicemail completely and your problem is solved. Been doing it for almost 5 years now and no negative consequences. It's been all positive.

• Like 1
Do like me and eliminate voicemail completely and your problem is solved. Been doing it for almost 5 years now and no negative consequences. It's been all positive.

Yup - same. Whoever has something urgent to say will text.

Could be her, but why you'd call it stalking? How many times it has happened?

Haven't spoken to a woman I was seeing for a year. For some strange reason her phone used to always leave a 1 second voice message. I never mentioned it to her.

Turns out she was a bit nutty and would always try to contact me in ways that I wouldn't know it was her even when we were seeing each other.

Recently I've been getting calls from a blocked #. First few times I figured it was a telemarketer and forwarded the calls to vm.

I was at the gym the other day and received another blocked call. Only this time I saw that I had a vm. When I went to listen, it was only 1 second. Again, there is only one phone that this has happened with.

Would I be wrong to think it was her?

• Author
I probably get about 20 one second voice mails a year. I also probably get several thousand calls a year as I use it extensively for work. All it usually means is someone got my voice mail and hesitated before deciding to not leave a voice mail and hang up.

Good point, but I do have merit as well. I've receive 0 one second vms per yer except from this one individual. Everyone else who calls me either leaves a normal vm or they hang up and I just see missed call. And also blocked. But all in all I see your point.

• Author

This hasn't been an issue to where I want to eliminate vm, because for those who do leave me normal vms, it is useful. But getting rid of it does rid the problem I am speaking about.

• Author
Yup - same. Whoever has something urgent to say will text.

exactly. of course no text as this person wants to remain anonymous. That's why i made the link when it left the one second vm and tied it back to the ONLY person whose phone has left me one sec vm.

Of course I will never know for sure, but can't be the worst guess in the world.

You don't know it's her. Are there other clues in your life that suggest it's her?

As long as you're not getting flogged with dozens, if not 100s, of silent voicemails, hit 7 and move on. You don't even have to listen to the whole thing. If you're getting flogged with innumerable voicemails (and these can come from telemarketers), your choices are to turn off voicemail and/or change your number...or deal with the voicemails.

No, it can't be considered stalking if you don't know it's her. If you suspect it's her, you need to contact police and/or your phone company to see if there are ways to determine if it's her and go from there.

• Author
Could be her, but why you'd call it stalking? How many times it has happened?

It's happened a few times in the last month. None prior.

I called it stalking because this person has a past of contacting convertly (other phones, etc.) always crazy/weird/ inconsistent behavior

• Author
You don't know it's her. Are there other clues in your life that suggest it's her?

As long as you're not getting flogged with dozens, if not 100s, of silent voicemails, hit 7 and move on. You don't even have to listen to the whole thing. If you're getting flogged with innumerable voicemails (and these can come from telemarketers), your choices are to turn off voicemail and/or change your number...or deal with the voicemails.

No, it can't be considered stalking if you don't know it's her. If you suspect it's her, you need to contact police and/or your phone company to see if there are ways to determine if it's her and go from there.

I don't know it's her. But I can't go into all of the detail that led me to quickly assume it's her. But her previous behavior would surely put her as the prime person if it wasn't truly a telemarketer.

I don't know it's her. But I can't go into all of the detail that led me to quickly assume it's her. But her previous behavior would surely put her as the prime person if it wasn't truly a telemarketer.

Hmmmm, well you could always block your number and do the same thing but hang up as it goes to voice mail. See if you get more of these type of calls....if they increase shortly after you do it.....most like the ex GF.....one will never know.....Halloween is rapidly approaching....:confused:

• Author
Hmmmm, well you could always block your number and do the same thing but hang up as it goes to voice mail. See if you get more of these type of calls....if they increase shortly after you do it.....most like the ex GF.....one will never know.....Halloween is rapidly approaching....:confused:

She was like being Halloween year round!

Change your number and then see what happens.

Changing his number will stop all sales calls and robo-calls, so it's not a good test as to whether or not it's the ex doing this.