How to break it off

noknow

I've been dating two women for just over a month Ms. A and Ms. B. Recently Ms. A and I have decided to become exclusive. So how should I tell Ms. B? Should I call or text? What do I say to her?

I've been dating two women for just over a month Ms. A and Ms. B. Recently Ms. A and I have decided to become exclusive. So how should I tell Ms. B? Should I call or text? What do I say to her?

This is a tough one. You need to call. The right thing to do is to just tell her that you've been thinking and you just don't think it's going to work out and just mention the things about the relationship you didn't like. Or you could just ghost and stop talking to her completely. But that's not a nice way to handle it at all, and that would suck for her.

I always told the girl in person but these days everyone is afraid of confrontation but telling in person is the honorable thing to do. I have broken up with a lot of girls, 30 of them exactly. What I did was tell them that I did not see a future with them and do not want to waste any more of their time. When she asks why, simply tell her that although she is a lot of fun to be with, you are not having the type of feelings for her that you should at this point. You simply do not feel what you should at this point of the relationship. Then she will either cry or attack you viciously. Be prepared for either. :)

Look, do it and then it is done. It will be 15 minutes out of your life and you will never have to deal with that again..

• Like 1

It's only been a month. I'd just text her. Something simple like it's been fun but you don't think you guys are a good match together.

do you guys talk on the phone a good bit now? If so, end it with a call. If not, after just a month, I think a long respectful text is fine.

• Author

I did it. It was hard, I felt sorry for her. But that's the reality of dating.

This is what I said, I typed it out and read from it. Helps for the nervousness.

"Listen, it’s been really fun getting to know you, hanging out, and getting into trouble with you at the park, but I just want to let you know that recently I’ve become exclusive with someone. I don’t want to waste your time so I think it would be best if we went our separate ways. I definitely don’t want this to end badly, I wanted to give you the courtesy of a call. I want to be able to say hello and catch up on the streets if I see you."

That's essentially what I said. She was very accepting but I could tell she was sad.

• Like 1
I did it. It was hard, I felt sorry for her. But that's the reality of dating.

This is what I said, I typed it out and read from it. Helps for the nervousness.

"Listen, it’s been really fun getting to know you, hanging out, and getting into trouble with you at the park, but I just want to let you know that recently I’ve become exclusive with someone. I don’t want to waste your time so I think it would be best if we went our separate ways. I definitely don’t want this to end badly, I wanted to give you the courtesy of a call. I want to be able to say hello and catch up on the streets if I see you."

That's essentially what I said. She was very accepting but I could tell she was sad.

Well done sir! And good luck with the other woman :)

you tell the truth say that you have met someone who you really feel for, you have decided to be exclusive and you want to be honest about your intentions.... let her know you dont have the same feelings for her, that she deserves a guy to have those feelings about her.....tell her you wish nothing but the best and that is what she deserves to have.....its gentle......and hopefully it is true it is what you do feel for her....

i have done this in the past when making a decision on who to date and who to not.....i only date one man at a time..and i have copped abuse back for being honest...(they are just hurt and i accept that i have hurt them)...but...my heart is clear when i am truthful and i prefer to have a clear heart and cop abuse than a guilty conscience which is not true to who i am or what i do..... and i still wish the best for them.....and i offer my friendship...which they often choose not to pursue....

do it soon and do it quick.......you can be truthful and gentle..it is the only right thing to do....best wishes........deb

you tell the truth say that you have met someone who you really feel for, you have decided to be exclusive and you want to be honest about your intentions.... let her know you dont have the same feelings for her, that she deserves a guy to have those feelings about her.....tell her you wish nothing but the best and that is what she deserves to have.....its gentle......and hopefully it is true it is what you do feel for her....

i have done this in the past when making a decision on who to date and who to not.....i only date one man at a time..and i have copped abuse back for being honest...(they are just hurt and i accept that i have hurt them)...but...my heart is clear when i am truthful and i prefer to have a clear heart and cop abuse than a guilty conscience which is not true to who i am or what i do..... and i still wish the best for them.....and i offer my friendship...which they often choose not to pursue....

do it soon and do it quick.......you can be truthful and gentle..it is the only right thing to do....best wishes........deb

Deb, he already did....read through the thread.