Girls with online dating profiles

So I have a question.

How many of you have done the following?:

Rejected or ignored a guy who messaged you because after reviewing his profile you found out that he is too intimidating, too good, too good looking, or simply way above your league?

We all know that the pictures that we post on our profiles are not accurate representations of us.

So maybe you were thinking to yourself "if we meet in person and he sees me in real life then he would realize that I'm not nearly as good looking as I appear in my photos, and then he'll regret the decision, and then I'll be the one to be rejected."

Is this a normal feeling, action, reaction? Has any of you done that before?

Cookiesandough

Not so much the second part, because I make sure I look better in real life than in my photos, but there have been instances that I decline messages because the guy was "out of my league". Either physically he just too good looking, and those types are just a headache, or his status/career was too far above mine. I prefer guys who I'm on more even playing ground with and not a lot of maintenance. 99% of the time I decline messages it's because I am not attracted though

Edited by Cookiesandough

But according to stats most girls don't even read a profile anyway they just look at the pic.

l know when l was on it nearly every girl asked me all the stuff l already answered on my page so , if l ever do go back on those things , this makes me kinda happy now actually to know that at least some might actually read what l have to say after all even if they knock me back.

Cookiesandough
I never did quite understand that old saying. Maybe because I grew up eating liver for dinner.

Ikr, I used to too. I just meant can we amend that to

Most women aren't rejecting dudes online for being too good for them [...]
because my struggle is very real �� and I can't be alone Edited by Cookiesandough
We all know that the pictures that we post on our profiles are not accurate representations of us.

We all know that? In my experience I found that most people's photos were quite accurate (my own included). So I am not quite sure on what grounds you are speaking for "we all".

But according to stats most girls don't even read a profile anyway they just look at the pic.

Source? What "stats"? Again, I found the opposite. Women who responded to my messages always read my profile. And the ones who didn't respond? Well who cares about them? I got around 10% response rate which was plenty good enough to get me a real-life meeting every week that I wanted one, and all of them had read my profile.

I am sure you are not alone, but you're the exception, not the rule. For the most part, OLD is about people trying to score the best person possible.

No I don't think being realistic is "the exception". Of course everyone tries to score the best person (or rather the best match) possible but everyone I met was realistic.