The Anxiety of Falling Deeply in Love

gamlefisken

Hi LS,

I have posted a few times about a woman who I have been only dating for 8 months now. I just need some advice.

8 months ago I met the most beautiful person ever (I mean that in all senses). She is so incredible, and I quickly fell very deeply in love with her. We have an incredibly loving relationship and I have never met anyone who I admire as deeply as her. We are there to support each other through stressful work schedules, and have both been there for each other through some trying times. We are great friends and spend a lot of our free time together, while making sure to maintain our own independence and lives outside the relationship.

She is a runner, and has asked me to get into running because she thinks it would be nice to run together. She completely turned me on to running and we are doing a half marathon together in the coming months. We cook together all the time and she has said that she enjoys doing domestic tasks with me. She has also told me she has never felt this way about anyone before. We are traveling to Ireland in 4 months together to meet her extended family there over the holidays.

The catch? I am 22 years old and she is 23. I am beginning to really feel as though this may be someone I would be with for my entire life. I just have this lingering anxiety of losing her. Perhaps even a bit of imposter syndrome about how great our relationship is.

I will do anything for this woman. How can I keep her happy and our relationship going strong for a long time, and hopefully forever?

The Urbanyst

How is a one year age difference a catch? Lol

As an older guy I can tell you that women at that age will go through a lot of personality changes. She will not be the same when she is 26, 27, 28 as she is today. I'm so sure of this I would bet money.

Seems you are developing an unhealthy level of obsession and insecurity over this girl. I can tell you this is a path to hell. Once you get insecure you act insecure. Then the girl becomes less attracted to you because of it. Guarantee.

Take it down a notch. Keep your values and your identity. RELAX a little. Have a life outside of her. Don't passively go along with everything she wants.

You probably won't take this advice but one day you will remember who told you first.

Good luck.

Work on your self esteem. Think about all the things that you bring to the table to make her want to stay. Listen to her. Respect her & keep having fun together. There's no magic just fundamental courtesy combined with some sex & good old-fashioned playfulness.