What's your idea of adventurous?

Frosted_fakes

Frosted_fakes

So I see a lot of guys who put they want an adventurous woman on dating profiles and I feel like I fit the bill. I hike, kayak, scuba dive, mountain bike, go exploring, travel, try new activities that aren't athletic related. Basically living and experiencing life.

The problem is when I try and do these things, they usually can't keep up and want to stop, they come up with reasons why they're not able to participate, or they'd rather just stay in and watch tv. Not every guy is like this, but the majority I've dated are. I don't understand what they're looking for?

Maybe they meant adventurous in bed. Which would explain the staying in and watching tv part.

Most guys who really are looking for an adventurous woman would be trilled to try those activities.

• Like 2
So I see a lot of guys who put they want an adventurous woman on dating profiles and I feel like I fit the bill. I hike, kayak, scuba dive, mountain bike, go exploring, travel, try new activities that aren't athletic related. Basically living and experiencing life.

The problem is when I try and do these things, they usually can't keep up and want to stop, they come up with reasons why they're not able to participate, or they'd rather just stay in and watch tv. Not every guy is like this, but the majority I've dated are. I don't understand what they're looking for?

I always thought these men were trying to send the message they want an adventurous woman in the bedroom, or adventurous as in missing work for a day at the beach or something like that. It never sounded positive to me.

So, looking at what happened to you when you engaged with these men it looks like I was right.

• Like 1
  • Author
Frosted_fakes

Thanks guys. I never looked at it that way. But now that you point that out it feels even more lame. I'm even more adventurous in the bedroom and these certain guys I'm complaining about have been pretty terrible in bed.

Cookiesandough

I think they mean willing to try new things or try the things that they like to do, not necessarily be as good at it as them or better lol.

• Like 2
  • Author
Frosted_fakes
I think they mean willing to try new things or try the things that they like to do, not necessarily be as good at it as them or better lol.

You're right. Maybe I'm being a little snobby about it. Didn't mean to. I guess I just get a bit disappointed because they go in half-heartedly when trying something out.

You're right. Maybe I'm being a little snobby about it. Didn't mean to. I guess I just get a bit disappointed because they go in half-heartedly when trying something out.

It's not snobby to go full throttle into action and adventure. I think you sound awesome.

• Like 1

Since it can mean both -- the activities you enjoy or the bedroom -- perhaps you need to clarify earlier. Ask an opening gambit ask what kind of mountain bike she owns or where she's hiked. If she doesn't have an answer, then you know it's the other adventurous.

Next time ask them what activities they consider adventurous and hope they don't reply with a penis pic. Honestly, unless they say the activities, they mean sex. They mean hookups. But good for you for making them hike and wearing them out. Kudos. Well done.

• Like 3