what am i going to do?!

makenleefaith

makenleefaith

i apologize for this being so long.

i have known this boy since we were little, well about 5-6 months ago we decided to date. we went on dates together and i would come over to his house. well we constantly fought and finally we just broke up about a month ago. during the relationship he wanted us to do stuff in our relationship that im to young for and it upset him. thats mainly why we fought. well i heard today that he still wants to be together but his mom wont let him. i havent done anything wrong and we both want to get back together.

hes a little shy about somethings. we barely look at each other now. we text and talk on the phone but nothing other than that. i miss him and i have never felt this way towards anyone and i need to fix what we had. should i talk to his mom? idk what to do. i dont want to go behind her back risking that she may find out. He was my best friend :( :(

Oh dear.

First good for you for sticking up for yourself & keeping your own boundaries. If you are not ready for certain aspects of a romantic relationship, you are not ready. Any boy or grown man (when you get older) who pressures you should be shut down or dumped immediately.

When I boy tries that tired old line about "If you loved me you would ____ {fill in the blank with a sexual favor}, your answer ought to be, "If you loved ME, you'd stop pressuring me!" It works both ways.

You can try to rekindle the friendship but don't do it behind his parents' back. Get your parents to set up a meeting or "play date"; I'm not trying to make you sound like a baby but just something like the boy coming over to your house to hang out under supervised conditions with his parents' full knowledge & consent.

I hate to say it but since you were the one who put on the brakes while he was pushing for things you aren't ready for, are you sure he told the truth to his mom about why you two split up? He may have made it sound like it was your fault & now, armed with false information, that is why his mom is telling him to stay away from you.

• Like 1