Kids in your OLD pics

SevenCity

I'm using Bumble again (seems to be the best in my area) and I'm seeing tons of profiles with kids in them.

I don't have kids nor want to date a woman who does. That said, if I did have a kid the last thing I would do is put them in an online profile for everyone to see.

Some blur out the faces, but the majority of the ones I've seen have them plain as day - often in multiple pics. I get they want to emphasize they have kids but you can easily state that in your description.

What are your thoughts on including children in your OLD profile? Wouldn't a single woman be concerned about possible dangers?

I'm not sure what dangers you are referring to.

Women on Tinder for example would often have a picture of her kid/s as the 3rd picture along, and that's fair enough. It's pulling you in with her looks, and then telling you that it's a package deal.

More baffling was when they would have their kid/s as their main picture. Never understood that one.

I never included pics of my kids in any of my pics. That's just me. When I was on OLD, however, if a guy had kids in his profile pic that actually made me stop to consider him more than normal. I figured I'd probably have more in common with a guy with kids.

HarmonyDriven

IMO, a big no-no.

I would never post my kids in any OLD photos.

The profile info is where kids are indicated. No photos needed.

If you end up meeting someone you like, then show all the photos you want to that particular person.

Easy peasy.

• Like 2
Michelle ma Belle

Not a fan either. And I tend to question those who do parade their kids faces on OLD, especially without blurring them out. Can't wrap my head around it :/

I have a couple of pics of my kids, but their heads are blacked out. They happened to be in some pics with me and the pics represented my active lifestyle.

Eternal Sunshine

There are also those that have a picture with their niece or nephew toddler and when asked say "i actually don't have kids". WTF

I would personally like it if person stated in their profile "divorced with 2 kids aged x and y" or "never married with no children"

I'm using Bumble again (seems to be the best in my area) and I'm seeing tons of profiles with kids in them.

I don't have kids nor want to date a woman who does. That said, if I did have a kid the last thing I would do is put them in an online profile for everyone to see.

Some blur out the faces, but the majority of the ones I've seen have them plain as day - often in multiple pics. I get they want to emphasize they have kids but you can easily state that in your description.

What are your thoughts on including children in your OLD profile? Wouldn't a single woman be concerned about possible dangers?

You need to put in your profile doesn't want women with kids already. But you be surprise that most today have kids with priors. i was like you once, but decided to date women with kids and some have grand kids also. A lot post the picture of he kids because they want you the guy to know they have a wonderful kid that is a part of their lives and the kid would come first always. Which is right the kids would come first.

Single Man without Kids (this is you)

Doesn't want to take women with kids

Hasn't experience getting a woman pregnant

Hasn't experience child birth with a woman

Doesn't want to raise other guys kids

Doesn't want to be not first in their life (thus no kids or grand kids)

Might want to have kids someday of his own with her.

Single Men who has kids but wants a women with kids

Already has kids, wants a women with kids, might want more kids

Doesn't mind to not to be first in her life as she won't be either

Women who never had kids are a lot different than those who had kids.

You should experience both type of women.

One thing I find unsettle those grown kids in 20/30 who still with their single mom, who might have kids already themselves so there are not only grown kids in the house but also many grand kids. These women are really don't have much time to date or see you and you'll never be first. They can't give you what you want. They have pictures of their kids they're proud of in their pictures and might put the grands kids in the picture also. These women tend not to have kids with you if they still can or not.

Some single mom with kids don't want to have more kids too. So if your a man who wants kids they're not the ones to date.

Then there are women that hide the fact they have kids. They'll say oops did I tell you I had kids, then I tell you have more than one kid, then I tell you have twins also. Surprise!

Edited by coolheadal

Pictures with kids are a turn off for me, it gives me an "instant family" vibe. I don't get why people would think that's appealing to anyone. It just gives me the impression they don't really have time for dating. Even worse when on top of that they also mention they're tired of dating around and want to settle down. I noticed that some who only say they're a mom without giving further details, usually have multiple kids.

Having said that, kids are a dealbreaker for me anyway in online dating. (Don't have any myself)

I have 5 pics on my okc and one of them (not the main) is w my youngest on my lap. Its the nicest pic of my face that i have. I look more natural, its closer to the reality than my other pics, I think bc I usually feel great when im w my kids. I dont blur his face out bc theres no need. Nobody'd be able to identify him from the pic. And no guy that i meet online is gonna meet him until ive gotten to know them pretty damn well.

Pictures with kids are a turn off for me, it gives me an "instant family" vibe. I don't get why people would think that's appealing to anyone. It just gives me the impression they don't really have time for dating. Even worse when on top of that they also mention they're tired of dating around and want to settle down. I noticed that some who only say they're a mom without giving further details, usually have multiple kids.

Having said that, kids are a dealbreaker for me anyway in online dating. (Don't have any myself)

I don't think they are posting pics of their kids to attract someone like you, they want to attract someone who loves the "family vibe", who understands the demands of having kids and is looking to have a blended family maybe or a guy who can't have kids and wants a ready made family.

So really it is best that she posts pics of her kids, so that no-one wastes any time.

It is a bit like Gaeta posting a pic of her dog, not everyone reads the description, but a pic of the dog, the horse, the kids, the friends, the boat, the guitar... gets the message across loud and clear.

"These are the things that are important in my life."

OLD profiles and pics are an ad.

"This is me, this is who I am, this is my world, if you don't like it pass me by."

The goal is not to get hundreds of people interested, the goal is to get someone who fits like a glove interested.

• Like 1
I have 5 pics on my okc and one of them (not the main) is w my youngest on my lap. Its the nicest pic of my face that i have.

This is what I think is happenening most of the time. The pics with the kids are the best (in their mind) ones they have.

Still not a good idea. Take some pics if you don't have any.

It's easy for guys like you who don't want to date women with kids. You just do a search for women without kids. You might even be able to set filters that don't allow women with kids to contact you. Don't use any swipe features as they aren't filtered enough for ones specific criteria.

I don't have kids nor want to date a woman who does.

Must be hard to find women in their 40s with no kids.

When I turned 40 my daughter was turning 20 so can't really say I had 'kids'.

I don't mind the pictures in profile if the children are old enough to consent and old enough to have a facebook. I would not criticize someone in a picture with their 17 year old.

I don't think they are posting pics of their kids to attract someone like you, they want to attract someone who loves the "family vibe", who understands the demands of having kids and is looking to have a blended family maybe or a guy who can't have kids and wants a ready made family.

So really it is best that she posts pics of her kids, so that no-one wastes any time.

It is a bit like Gaeta posting a pic of her dog, not everyone reads the description, but a pic of the dog, the horse, the kids, the friends, the boat, the guitar... gets the message across loud and clear.

"These are the things that are important in my life."

OLD profiles and pics are an ad.

"This is me, this is who I am, this is my world, if you don't like it pass me by."

The goal is not to get hundreds of people interested, the goal is to get someone who fits like a glove interested.

Posting pics with kids is super unromantic and not sexy at all.

Putting children on social media sites intended for attracting dating partners is a huge mistake. You don't expose children like that. You don't know who you are dealing with on these sites. Children should not be involved in any way in adult matters . . .

Steer clear of them. They don't have their heads on straight.

• Like 1

When I was doing online dating, I also found it irresponsible to be posting pictures of your kids. The internet is a dangerous place and you are exposing the vulnerability of the kids.

I get wanting to show that they are important part of your life. You can do that once you start dating the person.

Just my opinion.

Lisa

• Author
Must be hard to find women in their 40s with no kids.

When I turned 40 my daughter was turning 20 so can't really say I had 'kids'.

I don't mind the pictures in profile if the children are old enough to consent and old enough to have a facebook. I would not criticize someone in a picture with their 17 year old.

It certainly limits the selection, though I still seem to find sufficient women to date regardless.

The trick is why they haven't. Most women were married at some point and had a kid(s). If they haven't been married by 40 it is a red flag for me. Not to say there aren't great girls who haven't, but often there is a serious character flaw as the cause.

The other set wants a kid RIGHT NOW!! :D It puts a lot of pressure on a new relationship when they are clock watching. Realistically if you are early 40s and single the boat may have sailed. I couldn't fathom a marriage and kid in shorter then 2-3 years - and that is if everything was perfect. It's more advantageous to date younger as I'm finding out.

Back to the topic, I'm just picturing some pedophile taking a liking to your kid and chatting you up to get to them. If the intent is to turn guys off who don't want someone else's kids, it works like a charm for me.

CautiouslyOptimistic

I'm not dating right now, but when I am I'm really only interested in dating men who have children, but my opinion is that it shows a severe lack of judgment to include pics of them in your OLD profile.

Sometimes adult kids will get a pass from me, especially if they show a close relationship that I find to be touching.