How to act with a girl you like?

fred123

Do you act cold and uninterested? So not to scare them off.

I heard some girls pull away when they know a guy is keen and the girls probably just dont like them as much

The girls who pull away from a keen guy are the ones who are not interested in him. A girl who is keen will return the enthusiasm.

If you like a girl, ask her out on a date.

• Like 3

I heard some girls pull away when they know a guy is keen and the girls probably just dont like them as much

How is a woman suppose to know you like her if you act cold and uninterested?

I agree, women running away because you show interest are just not interested in you.

Show your interest in a normal way, don't suffocate them.

• Like 1

Not cold and uninterested, but friendly, fun and light-hearted. It is off-putting if a guy seems too serious or gloomy looking. You would be surprised how serious guys can appear when they really like someone. It is obviously not intentional, but it can make them look miserable or intense.

Just be kind, fun and avoid putting pressure on her. Ask her if she'd like to join you in things but do not seem upset if she says no. Gradually, she will become more relaxed with you. Trust is built up over time; it is not usually instant. Guys often make the mistake of being too intense and serious or expecting the woman to trust them when she does not even know them. I have never understood that.

Act like you like her. :D

That doesn't mean to act like you love her, mind you, but seriously, the more upfront you are with the fact that you like her, the less room you give her to play games.

But don't do anything when her girlfriends are around. In groups, believe it or not, women are under pressure to shoot guys down. It's a sort of virtue signaling among themselves. The girl who gives in to a boy loses face with the other mean girls.

• Like 1

Don't ask her to pick the names for the first three of your five children, but just let her know that you are having a good time with her. If you are having fun in her company then by all means show it.

• Like 1

But don't do anything when her girlfriends are around. In groups, believe it or not, women are under pressure to shoot guys down. It's a sort of virtue signaling among themselves. The girl who gives in to a boy loses face with the other mean girls.

Wow, how did this gem of knowledge escape me? I must have been doing the woman thing wrong all these years :D

• Like 2
Wow, how did this gem of knowledge escape me? I must have been doing the woman thing wrong all these years :D

I wish I could find the article. Basically, when a group of women go out together, none of them wants to be known as the slut of the group. Dancing and talking to the boys at the club is not slutty, but giving out your contact information is. The winning girl is the one who attracts the most boys while giving in to the fewest number.

It's just the other side of the coin. Men judge each other by how much they score. Women judge each other by how much they resist becoming scores.

On the contrary, you want her friends to like you. They won't like you if you keep trying to isolate her from them.

If you want someone to like you for you, don't play the stupid games you read about online. Just pick someone you might have someone in common with and talk to them and see if they seem interested and ask them out after talking to them a couple of times.

How to act? As her out on a fun date.

The biggest problem often is, when a guy is around a woman he is interested in - and especially if she looks like a goddess to him - he can be the most relaxed, confident, well spoken guy around and suddenly he can be the most awkward, toung-tied, tripping over his own feet, guy you ever did see.

Look,OP, just ask her out and do the best you can. If she seems to have fun, ask her out again. Don't play games. Don't come on too strong. Be respectful.

Cookiesandough
I wish I could find the article. Basically, when a group of women go out together, none of them wants to be known as the slut of the group. Dancing and talking to the boys at the club is not slutty, but giving out your contact information is. The winning girl is the one who attracts the most boys while giving in to the fewest number.

It's just the other side of the coin. Men judge each other by how much they score. Women judge each other by how much they resist becoming scores.

What the...

Was this cosmo

• Like 1

Given that I'm a 50yo woman and have been completely unaware of this, I'm not buying it. Cookies is right.....sounds like it has all the credibility of a Cosmo article.

• Like 1

Fred123

It's all about confidence. You have to do something to show interest like look at her, smile, talk to her etc.

But what you can't do & what the "advice gurus" are advocating when they tell you to be cold is that you can't be all over her. You don't have to agree with everything she says & always let her lead. The phrase "Whatever you want, honey" should be stricken from your vocabulary. In essence don't act like the crazy, happy, tail wagging wiggly dog who goes bonkers every day when it's human gets home from work. Be more like the cat who wanders in, looks that human & projects, great, you're here. Now what are you doing to do for me?