Is it okay to reach back out to her?

jgraham11

So, I was supposed to go on a quick coffee date with this girl recently. I had met her through OKC and I kind of got cold feet and cancelled (days before). I just said in my text I was new to OLD (which I am) and it was still kind of hard for me. I also thought she wasn't that interested in meeting me, so I said that (stupid I know). She did follow that message up saying. She was looking forward to meeting, but then wished me luck and said thanks for being honest

I'm legit kicking myself now though for not having the balls to meet with her. She's attractive and intelligent. The reason I thought she wasn't interested is because she would take like 6-8 hours to respond to a text. But she was busy a lot with work she says, so I don't know maybe she really was just busy and didn't have the time

I want to just message her back and say something like "Would you wanna just text a little more to get to know each other a little better?"

Am I just wasting my time and risking looking like a total jackass on this? Should I just move on?

You can reach out if you want. The worst that can happen is that she'll tell you that she has no interest in seeing someone who is flaky and doesn't know what he wants. Or she may ignore your message. But she may accept your invitation and give you another chance.

It's up to you whether you can cope with the potential for a negative response or no response at all.

• Author

Well, I know what I want, but it's just nerves and other things that led me to doing that

But yeah you're right I guess. Just have to be ready for a no if it doesn't go my way

I think it's worth a shot. The worst is that she tells you she's not interested or just doesn't respond. I will agree, after a cancelled date where you basically told her you were a flake, the odds aren't in your favor, but if she felt a bit of attraction and spark, she may be willing to give it one more shot. You don't have anything to lose in trying. She may not be too keen on a long period of texting, particularly investing time and emotion on someone who is likely to bail a second time, so my thought is to plan a date sooner over later...and show up. You can start short and simple, drinks, coffee.

• Author

Well, I followed the advice of you two. I texted her an hour ago, but haven't heard back anything yet. She took a long time to answer me usually, so I'm not sweating it just yet

Even if she doesn't respond, or if she does and says no, I already feel better. I think I would have regretted not at least trying to give it one more shot. I was an idiot not to meet up with her in the first place cause she seems like an awesome girl, but we'll see what happens.. fingers crossed