Bf randomly leaves before I wake up

DragonzRoost

DragonzRoost

Whenever I'm alseep I'll wake up to my bf leaving and closing the door. He eventually comes back, but this has been happening often. There are times where I wake up to him still asleep, but it has me curious where he randomly goes. Is this something I should be concerned with? He doesn't even say goodbye.

RecentChange

Wait what? He gets up at night or early morning, and leaves without any explanation?

Does he not volunteer where he goes? Do you not ask?

Seems very strange not to talk about it!

• Like 3
CautiouslyOptimistic

:eek:Are there any unsolved serial murders in your city?

• Like 7
MidwestUSA

Please tell me this isn't the controlling guy who was pinching you to the point of bruising!

How long have you been bf/gf?

• Like 1

Are you guys living together?

When he leaves does he actually leave the house or does he just go to another room? If it's the latter does he bring his phone with him?

I have the same question as everyone else - why don't you just ask him?

• Author
DragonzRoost

I ask him but, his explanation doesn't make sense and no it is not that awful guy. This is someone I started dating shortly after and things have been far better.. This just seems strange to me, I'll be asleep and all of a sudden be woken up by the door shutting. He claims to just be going to Verizon to cancel service in the morning or making a trip to walmart at 4am for ear plugs to block out noise. When I'm asleep he will always be up before me. Thanks for taking the time to reply btw!

Good grief, just ask him if he has trouble sleeping or what. He sounds like an insomniac. Some people only sleep a few hours and will get up and do things.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
I ask him but, his explanation doesn't make sense and no it is not that awful guy. This is someone I started dating shortly after and things have been far better.. This just seems strange to me, I'll be asleep and all of a sudden be woken up by the door shutting. He claims to just be going to Verizon to cancel service in the morning or making a trip to walmart at 4am for ear plugs to block out noise. When I'm asleep he will always be up before me. Thanks for taking the time to reply btw!

What time of day/night are these incidents happening? How late do you sleep? Verizon is not open in the middle of the night.....

Cell phone service can be cancelled without going into the shop, and during reasonable hours. The thing about "blocking out noise" is just ridiculous. I used to date a woman I felt lucky to have, and I let her get away with telling me bulls**t stories to cover for very shady behavior. Eventually her behavior got shadier and her level of respect for me lower because I bought the snake oil she was peddling. Try try try not to find yourself in the same boat!

Reflect on what other little "things" he does that seem shady. Then, ask yourself why you are putting up with it. Even if he "changes", he is still a man who saw fit to dip out on you, and then come up with left field reasons.

Tread carefully, this is the heart-break season.

• Like 1

I actually think this is much ado about nothing.

Sometimes it can be a struggle to sleep in another persons house or bed. Or with a new partner. Or even just with women in general.

I remember it took me years before I started really enjoying sleeping with women in bed. Now I actually kind of prefer it.

A bit surprised that this leads the imagination into all sorts of wondrous mystery :D

Maybe he got abducted by aliens? Or he is part of the mafia and conducting an assassination at 4am?

Perhaps he is a vampire that is feasting? :eek:

• Like 4
  • Author
DragonzRoost

My bf and I went out to eat some quick fast food. He wanted to go in and eat, but I asked if we could go through the drive thru. As we were driving off I asked if we were going to eat in the car. He started gawking at me as if I were crazy making that suggestion. I then said "well tons of my family and friends have done it..why not try?" He then proceeded to call me and my family/friends stupid for eating in the vehicle, making it sound like I was the only one doing this. Once we got to his place, he said "Oh..I forgot to get my female roommate something to eat. Could I give her yours?" She is pregnant so I just said "Its okay, give her my sandwich." I know this sounds stupid as hell, but he has many different culture beliefs that are different from mine. Like leaving mirrors out while sleeping, causes bad luck or the devil to appear. Refering me to "you white people.." What annoyed me about the eating, even though he suggested him going to get another one after giving mine to her, was the fact that if we had ate in the parking lot his roommates would of never known we had lunch out. Why doesn't he listen to me? Are we just incompatible? There are other things that bother me as well, like the lack of sex. I get that its not his job to be horny all the time, but there are moments where I want to be intimate. Whenever I try initiating he claims to either be tired or recharging from having sex 3 days ago. If I ever try to list my concerns about the distance of our relationship (he moved an hour away recently) he calls me negative. He starts work next week and I'm unsure of us having much time together anymore, plus I start college in Aug.

Edited by DragonzRoost
angel.eyes

Why is he your boyfriend?!?:confused: Why are you still there?

You know it only takes one to break up, right?

• Like 3

This is yet another issue with this boyfriend of yours. I suggest you go and read your old posts.....then give some thought as to why you want to be with him.

You're so young and still have your whole love ahead of you. Why you'd waste your time on this loser is beyond me.

• Like 3
  • Author
DragonzRoost
Why is he your boyfriend?!?:confused: Why are you still there?

You know it only takes one to break up, right!

I've tried saying that I don't think we are working, but he starts getting cuddly, saying sorry and asking for time. I would like things to work out, but he does things that make me feel out of place. This is a second time with someone new and these problems tend to follow..so not sure if its just me or the guys I'm picking up.

angel.eyes

You don't need his permission to break up! And who cares if he gets cuddly when you threaten to break up? Stop threatening and just do it.

• Like 2

You are the master of your situation. The sooner you end this ridiculous relationship, the better.

He's not the problem. You are for tolerating his disrespect.

End it, block him and don't look back. Surely you can do better than him?

• Like 2

Get a new BF. You are about to start college. the whole world will open up for you & you will find a man that doesn't think you are stupid.

You were sweet for feeding the pregnant roommate. I really don't understand why he was obligated to get her anything. Is it his baby? If not, his failure to plan should not have resulted in you going hungry. If he was that concerned he could have run out again or given her his sandwich.

• Like 3
angel.eyes

Why are you "trying to make things work" in this nightmare situation? You don't share a mortgage, three kids and 20 years of marriage. You're just dating. The whole point of dating is to figure out whether you are compatible. You aren't! Mission accomplished! Now on to the next. Boot his selfish, disrespectful ass to the curb.

New college year. New you! Dump the loser BF already.

• Like 3
whichwayisup
My bf and I went out to eat some quick fast food. He wanted to go in and eat, but I asked if we could go through the drive thru. As we were driving off I asked if we were going to eat in the car. He started gawking at me as if I were crazy making that suggestion. I then said "well tons of my family and friends have done it..why not try?" He then proceeded to call me and my family/friends stupid for eating in the vehicle, making it sound like I was the only one doing this. Once we got to his place, he said "Oh..I forgot to get my female roommate something to eat. Could I give her yours?" She is pregnant so I just said "Its okay, give her my sandwich." I know this sounds stupid as hell, but he has many different culture beliefs that are different from mine. Like leaving mirrors out while sleeping, causes bad luck or the devil to appear. Refering me to "you white people.." What annoyed me about the eating, even though he suggested him going to get another one after giving mine to her, was the fact that if we had ate in the parking lot his roommates would of never known we had lunch out. Why doesn't he listen to me? Are we just incompatible? There are other things that bother me as well, like the lack of sex. I get that its not his job to be horny all the time, but there are moments where I want to be intimate. Whenever I try initiating he claims to either be tired or recharging from having sex 3 days ago. If I ever try to list my concerns about the distance of our relationship (he moved an hour away recently) he calls me negative. He starts work next week and I'm unsure of us having much time together anymore, plus I start college in Aug.

Dump him! He's not a nice person and he's treating you poorly!

You're going to start college in August so set yourself free and forget him.

whichwayisup
I've tried saying that I don't think we are working, but he starts getting cuddly, saying sorry and asking for time. I would like things to work out, but he does things that make me feel out of place. This is a second time with someone new and these problems tend to follow..so not sure if its just me or the guys I'm picking up.

So your previous boyfriend had the same attitude as him? If yes, then maybe try to figure out why you're picking men who have little respect for you and treat you poorly. Next relationship, take your time to get to know the guy and look for familiar red flags.